Windows 10: Upgrade Issue from Windows 8.1 to 10 1803

Discus and support Upgrade Issue from Windows 8.1 to 10 1803 in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Recently upgraded my laptop to Windows 10 1709 and all programs work perfectly. When I just upgraded my PC from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10 1803, I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by EllenC316, Sep 4, 2018.

1. EllenC316 Win User

Upgrade Issue from Windows 8.1 to 10 1803

Recently upgraded my laptop to Windows 10 1709 and all programs work perfectly. When I just upgraded my PC from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10 1803, I noticed that I keep getting kicked out of Story Remix, Photos, Windows Movie Maker, etc.

I would prefer to have Windows 10 1709 on my PC since it works so well on my laptop. Is this possible?

:)

EllenC316, Sep 4, 2018
  2. Monk.e83 Win User

Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Sep 4, 2018
  3. Nordic Win User
    Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Sep 4, 2018
  4. OneMoar Win User

Windows 10 upgrade issues on W8.1

thems the brakes unless you completed the upgrade at least once you can't activate windows 8.1
    re-partition the drive and reload windows 8 activate it then you should be-able to upgrade
    just make sure the partitions are large enough what you described sounds like left over partitioning from windows 7 which is fine for 8 but not 10

OneMoar, Sep 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Upgrade Issue from Windows 8.1 to 10 1803 - Similar Threads - Upgrade Issue 1803

2. Upgrade to Windows 10 from 8.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Upgrade to Windows 10 from 8.: I have an older Laptop that I use for travel. It was my wife's old laptop. It crashed ad I had reload then it became available. OEM disks after replacing the hard drive. Now it's running 8.1. I had previously upgraded it to Widows 10 when available. It I just bought a new...
  3. Upgrade to Windows 10 from 8.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Upgrade to Windows 10 from 8.: I have an older Laptop that I use for travel. It was my wife's old laptop. It crashed ad I had reload then it became available. OEM disks after replacing the hard drive. Now it's running 8.1. I had previously upgraded it to Widows 10 when available. It I just bought a new...
  4. Upgrade to Windows 10 from 8.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Window 10 upgrade from 8

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Window 10 upgrade from 8: Can I upgrade direct from 8 to 10 I have tried updating to 8.1 but it is continually failing attached is a copy of my specs on this laptop Thank you https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/window-10-upgrade-from-8/b95452fa-dbf9-4d06-bcbe-60d52335c15a
  6. upgrading to Windows 10 from 8

upgrading to Windows 10 from 8: Hello, So I finally upgraded my dads windows 8 laptop to windows 10 because he's a stubborn old man who wouldnt do it when it was free.. That windows 8 version had face recognition password that he used to log in and cant remember the password he used to create that log...
  7. WiFi not working after upgrading to windows 10 from windows 8. 1

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    WiFi not working after upgrading to windows 10 from windows 8. 1: After I upgrade my windows 8.1 to windows 10 my WiFi is not working. When I restart also it isn't working. Randomly after I shutdown and start my laptop, it's working. Hope a quick solution for this issue. Thank you....
  8. Upgrade issues from 1803 to 1903

Upgrade issues from 1803 to 1903: Hello, I am trying to upgrade my desktop from Windows 10 version 1803 to 1903 and continue to run into errors. The install from Media Creation Tool, as the Windows Update says my computer is up to date but isnt, fails around 75% and then has to revert everything back which...
  9. Issue upgrading from Windows 10 1803 to 1903

Issue upgrading from Windows 10 1803 to 1903: Hello, I'm trying to update to 1903 before support ends for 1803. I keep running into an issue where my update will run fine until the update reaches 60% and then fails as "Windows could not configure one more components" and I have to restart, after which it rolls back the...
  10. Issues Upgrading from Windows 10 1803 to 1903

Issues Upgrading from Windows 10 1803 to 1903: So I am having issues with upgrading to 1903. I have tried installing from the an ISO. I disabled my network adapters and turned off my third party antivirus and malware programs. I get to 60 percent, after multiple restarts, and get the error "Windows could not configure one...