Windows 10: Upgrade Laptop SSD but retain original windows.

Discus and support Upgrade Laptop SSD but retain original windows. in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I own Lenovo Legion Y530. i5 8th GenGTX 1050ti1 TB SATA HDD128 GB NvMe M.2 SSDI want to upgrade my laptop's SSD from 128 GB to 256 GB. I have original... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by KiranChoudhari, May 1, 2021.

1. Upgrade Laptop SSD but retain original windows.

I own Lenovo Legion Y530. i5 8th GenGTX 1050ti1 TB SATA HDD128 GB NvMe M.2 SSDI want to upgrade my laptop's SSD from 128 GB to 256 GB. I have original Licensed windows on my 128 GB SSD.When I upgrade it to 256 GB SSD, can someone help me with how do I retail my original windows License?Product Key Channel : Volume: MAK

:)

KiranChoudhari, May 1, 2021

2. Can't upgrade laptop to Windows 10

Thanks for the suggestion.

I tried Windows Defender and discovered it was not turned on and when I tried to turn it on it would quickly turn itself off again. I used another anti-virus program to check out the laptop but it found no problem. Obviously this laptop has some problems.

My next step is to put the original drive back into the machine and try the Windows 10 upgrade from that and if that also fails do a restore of this laptop to the original Windows 7.

alkaufmann, May 1, 2021
  3. I've win 10 pre-installed on a lenovo ideapad 330s on an HDD drive that I wish to upgrade to 256gb PCIE SSD. How to retain my original windows license on the new SSD.

I've win 10 pre-installed on a lenovo ideapad 330s on an HDD drive that I wish to upgrade to 256gb PCIE SSD. How to retain my original windows license on the new SSD? Kindly provide with a solution ASAP!

academicrk, May 1, 2021
  4. Upgrade Laptop SSD but retain original windows.

Upgraded Windows Transfer from HDD to SSD

Hi

My windows was upgraded from 8 to 10 on my laptop few years back. I was trying to get the HDD replaced with SSD. During the copy process, the technician said windows cannot be moved to SSD as it is an upgraded version from 8 to 10.

Kindly guide if there is a possibility to copy the windows to SSD ? If so, please suggest the steps.

NipunSingla, May 1, 2021
Thema:

Upgrade Laptop SSD but retain original windows.

1. Upgrade Laptop SSD but retain original windows. - Similar Threads - Upgrade Laptop SSD

2. Upgrading SSD in laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Upgrading SSD in laptop: I have a dell laptop with 128g ssd. I want to upgrade this to 512gb ssd. How do I keep my W11 pro license? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/upgrading-ssd-in-laptop/cf84958b-7df9-4e07-a86d-9e2d499c3bc1
  3. Upgrading SSD in laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Upgrading SSD in laptop: I have a dell laptop with 128g ssd. I want to upgrade this to 512gb ssd. How do I keep my W11 pro license? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/upgrading-ssd-in-laptop/cf84958b-7df9-4e07-a86d-9e2d499c3bc1
  4. upgrading laptop SSD with Windows 11?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    upgrading laptop SSD with Windows 11?: I want upgrade my laptop currently running windows 10 pro ssd500gb to a new ssd1tb and want to install windows11 on the new SSD my laptop meets all requirements but have not done so yetand want to check, will MS recognize my laptop and previous Windows 10 pro once installed...
  5. upgrading laptop SSD with Windows 11?

upgrading laptop SSD with Windows 11?: I want upgrade my laptop currently running windows 10 pro ssd500gb to a new ssd1tb and want to install windows11 on the new SSD my laptop meets all requirements but have not done so yetand want to check, will MS recognize my laptop and previous Windows 10 pro once installed...
  6. How to retain Original Windows 10 while adding an SSD

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    How to retain Original Windows 10 while adding an SSD: I have an i5 9th gen ASUS Rog strix /8GB / 1TB HDD with no SSD/ 4GB /GTX 1050I want to add an M.2 SSD.How do I retain and reinstall my original Windows 10 Home from HDD to SSD ?...
  7. How to retain Original Windows 10 while adding an SSD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to retain Original Windows 10 while adding an SSD: I have an i5 9th gen ASUS Rog strix /8GB / 1TB HDD with no SSD/ 4GB /GTX 1050I want to add an M.2 SSD.How do I retain and reinstall my original Windows 10 Home from HDD to SSD ?...
  8. How to retain Original Windows 10 while adding an SSD

9. Recovery Of Original windows in SSD

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Recovery Of Original windows in SSD: I want to add 240 GB SSD in my laptop which has a 1TB HDD and Windows 10 Home. After installing my SSD , can I get my original windows back?If yes, then how can i get it backPlease helpThank you....
  10. Upgrading SSD while retaining all the data

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Upgrading SSD while retaining all the data: I am currently having 128GB SSD on my HP Laptop with original Windows 10. I am planning to upgrade the SSD to 512GB. I have a lot of my software, servers installations, development environments created and manually settings with the port numbers. Is it possible to upgrade to...