Windows 10: Upgrade Laptop to Windows 10 Pro Question

Discus and support Upgrade Laptop to Windows 10 Pro Question in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hi, I got a new laptop and want to upgrade it to pro. One question I have is will i still be able to install Home and have it activate? I want to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Keitaro Gangewere, Jan 24, 2019.

1. Upgrade Laptop to Windows 10 Pro Question

Hi, I got a new laptop and want to upgrade it to pro. One question I have is will i still be able to install Home and have it activate? I want to upgrade to Pro for Hyper-V and Remote Desktop, Might as well as Bitlocker as it is already enabled in Windows as it is.

:)

Keitaro Gangewere, Jan 24, 2019
  2. Nordic Win User

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Jan 24, 2019
  3. Windows 10 upgrade rant..

The free space shouldn't prevent you from upgrading to built 1607. I manually upgraded my own laptop which had only 9gigs free space left on the system drive.

I unzipped the Windows 10 Pro anniversary edition ISO on my D drive, and started the upgrade process from there. At one point the installer complained about not having enough free space on the main drive, i just had to point it to the D drive to proceed to the next step. Now the rollback installation is stored there and doesn't clog up the C drive anymore.

In your case you could insert a large sdcard to act as the required rollback drive, i'm pretty sure it would do the trick.

Oh and by the way, if you want to further compress your System files:
    • do a search Command Prompt, right-click it, and select Run as administrator.
    • Type COMPACT.EXE /CompactOS:always and hit Enter.
    You'll will gain anything from 2 to 4 gigs free space after it's done.

blobster21, Jan 24, 2019
  4. Upgrade Laptop to Windows 10 Pro Question

Windows 10 Upgrade Questions and Concerns

I have a dell laptop that is running Windows 7 Pro and looking into upgrading it to Windows 7 but have a few questions for the method that I am looking into upgrading it.

So I want to install a fresh version of Windows 10 on to it using a download from MSDN and have the following questions:

• DELL OEM Laptop License Windows 7 Pro
      • Can I use the Windows 7 OEM license to activate Windows 10 using a fresh image install?
    • Upgrade Roll Back
      • Is it possible to reinstall Windows 7 fresh and use the OEM license later after installing Windows 10?
    • Specific Windows 10
      • For the fresh install Windows 10 image it would obviously require the corresponding Windows 10 Pro image correct?
    • Windows 10 free upgrade end date
      • What is the Windows 10 free upgrade end date for someone in my situation of fresh Windows 10 install using Windows 7 OEM license?
    • Is there anything else I need to consider for upgrading to Windows 10 fresh using a Windows 10 image and not through the free upgrade windows update?

QuestionSeekerMS, Jan 24, 2019
Thema:

Upgrade Laptop to Windows 10 Pro Question

1. Upgrade Laptop to Windows 10 Pro Question - Similar Threads - Upgrade Laptop Pro

2. windows 10/11 upgrade to pro question

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    windows 10/11 upgrade to pro question: I had a three year old gaming laptop that i upgraded from home to pro. unfortunetly, that system suffered an unrecoverable hardware failure. I have purchased new gaming laptop which also came with win 10 home. the previous system is completely kaput. it won't even boot, I am...
  3. windows 10/11 upgrade to pro question

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows 10/11 upgrade to pro question: I had a three year old gaming laptop that i upgraded from home to pro. unfortunetly, that system suffered an unrecoverable hardware failure. I have purchased new gaming laptop which also came with win 10 home. the previous system is completely kaput. it won't even boot, I am...
  4. windows 10/11 upgrade to pro question

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows Pro Upgrade Question

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Pro Upgrade Question: I have a Surface Pro 8 with Windows Home and plan to upgrade it to Windows Pro. If I do that, then at some point want to sell the device and get a new one, will resetting it take it back to the Home version or the last installed Pro version? Also, if I purchase the Pro...
  6. Windows Pro Upgrade Question

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Pro Upgrade Question: I have a Surface Pro 8 with Windows Home and plan to upgrade it to Windows Pro. If I do that, then at some point want to sell the device and get a new one, will resetting it take it back to the Home version or the last installed Pro version? Also, if I purchase the Pro...
  7. Windows 11 Pro upgrade question

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Pro upgrade question: I just had to do a factory restore on my system which took my system from windows 11 Pro 22H2 back to windows 10 1803. I am in the process of updating and upgrading windows back to windows 11 21H2. I Purchased the Windows 10 Pro upgrade from the windows store back when the...
  8. Windows 10 Home Upgrade to Windows 10 Pro Question

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Home Upgrade to Windows 10 Pro Question: I6/25 I brought an upgrade from Windows 10 Home to Pro. The laptop went through several hours of installing and my machine still shows Windows 10 Home as the version. I called a Microsoft Store and the guy gave me a phone number after I explained to him my problem. The...
  9. Upgraded laptop to Windows 10 Pro reinstall question.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Upgraded laptop to Windows 10 Pro reinstall question.: As many of you know modern laptops save your Windows 10 key in the bios so during install you are never prompted for a key. This can make installing using a different key almost impossible. I had a Windows 7 Pro retail key lying around so I used it to upgrade my laptop to...
  10. upgrade questions, windows 7 pro to windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    upgrade questions, windows 7 pro to windows 10: Hi all, hope your having a great day.. I have a few desktop's I would like to upgrade, I have 3 that have windows 7 that I installed not long ago.. and I have 1 desktop with vista that came with it from the factory, it has the product key on the case, the other 3 I did a...