Windows 10: Upgrade last night all of my files are gone from laptop.

Discus and support Upgrade last night all of my files are gone from laptop. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; An automated upgrade ran for more than 2 hours last night and all of my files are gone. PLEASE HELP... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by KitCampbellXT, Aug 8, 2020.

1. Upgrade last night all of my files are gone from laptop.

An automated upgrade ran for more than 2 hours last night and all of my files are gone. PLEASE HELP

:)

KitCampbellXT, Aug 8, 2020

2. I upgraded to Windows 10 last night and now all of my files are gone

I had Windows 7 with all of my pictures and videos in folders on my desktop. I upgraded to Windows 10 last night and now all of my files are gone. I searched everywhere on the computer. I can't find them. Can anyone help me with a solution?

KingsFallen, Aug 8, 2020
  3. Kunal Win User
    All my files under C:\ are gone

I am using Windows 10 Pro on my laptop. Last night I turned off my laptop (proper shutdown) and today when I started it, the post boot showed up preparing Windows.

After I logged into my Windows everything was gone. It's just like a new installation.

However, the software which I installed for example : VLC, Google Chrome, FireFox, IDM are still intact but all their settings like: bookmarks, save password, history, etc are gone (guess it didn't overwrite ProgramFiles)

• My Windows Update is turned off. As I always defer Updates. So no point of Automatic Update.
    • No files under C:\Users as sometimes Windows keeps the old user and their files during/after installation
    • No Windows.old directory present under C:\
    • The files are not hidden. I checked the hidden item box from view tab.

What can be the cause of it ? Any Ideas ?

Thanks

Kunal, Aug 8, 2020
  4. Upgrade last night all of my files are gone from laptop.

Refreshed my PC last night "keeping Files"

I had some issues with my PC last night and did a "refresh" keeping my files but now all my MS10 Emails and documents are gone what do I do to see those files again for my new PC? Can I un Refresh or what are they gone forever? I need all those files

Moved from Office / Outlook / Windows 10 / Office 2010

Michael Allen Andersen, Aug 8, 2020
Thema:

Upgrade last night all of my files are gone from laptop.

1. Upgrade last night all of my files are gone from laptop. - Similar Threads - Upgrade last night

2. All of my files from Disk D suddenly disappeared this morning. They were there last night.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    All of my files from Disk D suddenly disappeared this morning. They were there last night.: I was connecting my iCloud to my laptop, then I got a zoom meeting. When I tried to open some reading files which located in Drive D, I found all of my files disappeared as it has been formatted.I wonder if it’s related to iCloud that I connect before. Does anyone know how to...
  3. All of my files from Disk D suddenly disappeared this morning. They were there last night.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    All of my files from Disk D suddenly disappeared this morning. They were there last night.: I was connecting my iCloud to my laptop, then I got a zoom meeting. When I tried to open some reading files which located in Drive D, I found all of my files disappeared as it has been formatted.I wonder if it’s related to iCloud that I connect before. Does anyone know how to...
  4. All of my files from Disk D suddenly disappeared this morning. They were there last night.

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. So my laptop updated last night and now the wifi option is gone I have tried all the other...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    So my laptop updated last night and now the wifi option is gone I have tried all the other...: Last night my laptop updated and when I opened it now it has lost the option for me to connect to Wi-Fi I have tried everything that the Microsoft administrators have recommended to people who previously had this problem how do I actually resolve this without losing...
  6. So my laptop updated last night and now the wifi option is gone I have tried all the other...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    So my laptop updated last night and now the wifi option is gone I have tried all the other...: Last night my laptop updated and when I opened it now it has lost the option for me to connect to Wi-Fi I have tried everything that the Microsoft administrators have recommended to people who previously had this problem how do I actually resolve this without losing...
  7. Why is all my files and data gone from my laptop all of the sudden?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Why is all my files and data gone from my laptop all of the sudden?: I recently logged in back to my school laptop, only just to find all my settings in default and all of my data and files are missing to. I did research on it and the only explanation I could find is something about a temporary account. I've tried everything but I can't find...
  8. ALL OF MY FILES ARE GONE

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    ALL OF MY FILES ARE GONE: so i turned on my laptop only to see that half the stuff i had is gone the list of stuff that is gone: -all of my personal files dating back to december 2020 -most of my games -my apps -my desktop wallpaper -discord -all of my garry's mod addons 157 files -my puro...
  9. I just updated my laptop last night to the new May Creators - everything GONE!

I just updated my laptop last night to the new May Creators - everything GONE!: The computer just finished the update this morning and everything is off. Skype, etc. no bookmarks, programs etc. I'm really not sure how much has been lost! Anything that can be done - - has this happened to anyone else?...
  10. Folloing the upgrade last night file system error (-2147219196)

Folloing the upgrade last night file system error (-2147219196): Folloing the upgrade l;ast night all attempts to run your software photos gives the error file system error (-2147219196). worked fine last night before upgrade 2018-07 cumulative update windows 10 v1803 for x64 based systems kb 4338819...