Windows 10: Upgrade locked me out tried safe mode didn’t work it’s been 3 weeks 34 inch envy Windows 10

Discus and support Upgrade locked me out tried safe mode didn’t work it’s been 3 weeks 34 inch envy Windows 10 in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I’m a senior my computer upgraded 3 weeks ago and I haven’t been able to login since not with pin nor password which I know are correct. Safe mode... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by CarolynFalkner, Nov 22, 2021.

1. Upgrade locked me out tried safe mode didn’t work it’s been 3 weeks 34 inch envy Windows 10

I’m a senior my computer upgraded 3 weeks ago and I haven’t been able to login since not with pin nor password which I know are correct. Safe mode didn’t work either. so far it may cost me $259.00Unless it takes longer to repair $99.00 to come to the house $150.00 if they have to take it and other charges may be included. It’s a 34” envy I can’t take it in myself this is horrible! I am worried what don’t Microsoft have way for its customers to get back on after this update? I am home bound and has lost the connection to the outside world I need help. Thank you

:)

CarolynFalkner, Nov 22, 2021

2. Can't boot into Normal/Safe Mode with Networking, only safe mode...

Good Evening,
    I could do with some pointers on resolving an issue. I can only boot into windows in safe mode in Windows 10. Normal mode and safe mode with networking doesn't work. The problem occurred after a windows update. I have removed the latest updates that were installed and cleared any pending ones but it still won't boot properly. I have also run the troubleshooter and tried to recovery to an earlier date which also doesn't work.
    The laptop is a HP ENVY 17 notebook. At boot it just gets to the HP logo with the circular loading icon and no further and can only boot it into safe mode. Can anyone recommend the next steps? I have also tried the following;

• stopping startup items
    • uninstalling hardware drivers
    • removing recent software
    • running troubleshooters at boot
    • sfc scan
    • diagnostic/selective startups with minimal services running
    Would the fact that I cant boot into Safe Mode with Networking imply its a network driver related issue?
    Bit of a dead end really, any help would be much appreciated
    Kind regards
    Trevor

trevstonbury, Nov 22, 2021
  3. Password not accepted in Safe mode

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community forum.

Have you tried all the above steps suggested by Sangeeta Sarkar on September 13, 2015.

I would suggest you to provide some information to help you better.

• Are you trying to login the Microsoft account or the Local account in safe mode?
    • Did you try with only safe mode or safe mode with networking?
    • What is the critical error you are getting?

If you are using Windows 10. To go to safe mode you have to follow the below steps.

If you are able to go to login screen in normal mode try the below steps to go to safe mode with networking.

• At the login screen click on the power symbol.

• Hold SHIFT + Click Restart.

• After restarting your system, select the Troubleshoot option.

• Select advanced options under
      Troubleshoot screen.

• Click on Startup Settings.

• Click Restart and follow the onscreen steps to go to
      Safe Mode with networking and check if you are able to login.

[*]
    Please get back with more information, we will be glad to help you further.

Sachin Venkatesh, Nov 22, 2021
  4. Nordic Win User

Upgrade locked me out tried safe mode didn’t work it’s been 3 weeks 34 inch envy Windows 10

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Nov 22, 2021
Thema:

Upgrade locked me out tried safe mode didn’t work it’s been 3 weeks 34 inch envy Windows 10

1. Upgrade locked me out tried safe mode didn’t work it’s been 3 weeks 34 inch envy Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Upgrade locked tried

2. Upgrade locked me out tried safe mode didn’t work it’s been 3 weeks 34 inch envy Windows 10

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Upgrade locked me out tried safe mode didn’t work it’s been 3 weeks 34 inch envy Windows 10: I’m a senior my computer upgraded 3 weeks ago and I haven’t been able to login since not with pin nor password which I know are correct. Safe mode didn’t work either. so far it may cost me $259.00Unless it takes longer to repair $99.00 to come to the house $150.00 if they...
  3. Upgrade locked me out tried safe mode didn’t work it’s been 3 weeks 34 inch envy Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Upgrade locked me out tried safe mode didn’t work it’s been 3 weeks 34 inch envy Windows 10: I’m a senior my computer upgraded 3 weeks ago and I haven’t been able to login since not with pin nor password which I know are correct. Safe mode didn’t work either. so far it may cost me $259.00Unless it takes longer to repair $99.00 to come to the house $150.00 if they...
  4. Locked out in safe mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Locked out in safe mode: I tried to reboot in safe mode, and now I can't get past the login screen. PIN and password don't work. Shift=> Restart =>Troubleshoot=>Advanced=>Startup=> has a list of options and another restart button. This button restarts back to the login screen. Anyone know how to get...
  5. Locked out by safe mode

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Locked out by safe mode: Hi everyone - really hoping someone can help! I'm not massively technically proficient, so I'm hoping that someone has a solution.To cut a long story short, I had to restart my computer in safe mode. I didn't realise it, but this disabled my wifi connection and it started...
  6. Safe Mode - Locked Out

Safe Mode - Locked Out: I've read of same problem - coming out of Safe Mode to login screen. Not recognizing Microsoft Account password and not connected to wifi. Is it necessary to reset password and how to do that? Or is necessary to regain internet access and how to do that? Thanks for any...
  7. Locked out in windows 10 safe mode

Locked out in windows 10 safe mode: I have changed my windows 10 laptop back to safe mode but now it will not let me log in with my normal 4 character pin. So effectively I am locked out...please help asap...I don't know what to do! Thanks, Allan...
  8. Locked out of Safe Mode

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Locked out of Safe Mode: I've been trying to enter safe mode with networking. I have correctly entered my password several times. I have tried to use a boot USB to remove the password, but the system will not recognize the USB as a drive for start up in the BIOS. Any ideas?...
  9. Safe mode has locked me out

in Windows 10 Customization
    Safe mode has locked me out: Help! Safe mode has locked me out. At first I tried my pin number, but found that it was supposed to be the Microsoft password instead. So I type that in and it still said incorrect password. So I went on my phone and changed the password, came back, rebooted the laptop, re...
  10. Locked out in safe mode

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Locked out in safe mode: I recently downloaded an app that had a Trojan attached to it. It immediately started taking over so I went to msconfig and chose to start in safe mode, to try and get rid of it. When it restarted in safe mode it asked for the password. When I set up 10 from the upgrade I...