Windows 10: Upgrade login craziness

Discus and support Upgrade login craziness in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; We did an in-place upgrade of a computer that is joined to the domain today using USB media and after the installation is now complete the only option... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Mathoosala, Jun 26, 2020.

1. Upgrade login craziness

We did an in-place upgrade of a computer that is joined to the domain today using USB media and after the installation is now complete the only option it is giving us to log into the computer is with a Microsoft account. I get no option to prefix login name with domain\user or user@domainname.local. Only a Microsoft account works. After logging in with a Microsoft account we can see it is still domain joined but even after disjoining and rejoining the domain the only login option we get is to use a Microsoft account. Any ideas? I've never seen this behavior before. Thanks.

submitted by /u/Mathoosala
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Mathoosala, Jun 26, 2020
  2. Arun B J Win User

Can't login to new computer w/Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for your reply.

• Are you able to login to Microsoft Account on Web?

• Have you installed any language pack?
    I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to select the appropriate language in login screen at the bottom right corner and check if it helps.

Steps 2: Use On-screen keyboard in the login screen to login and check if it helps.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Arun B J, Jun 26, 2020
  3. dark2099 Win User
    Upgraded to Leopard Login Problems

So I just upgraded my Dad's iMac to OSX Leopard and I can't login using his user information from before the upgrade. I will enter his info, hit the login button, but after a few seconds it just goes from being faded to normal.

dark2099, Jun 26, 2020
  4. Upgrade login craziness

Can't login to my windows 10 PC

Hi,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

• Are you trying to login to Microsoft account or local account?

• If its Microsoft account are you able to login using the web interface?
    I suggest you to use the on-screen keyboard and try to login. Follow the steps below:

Click on the Ease of Access icon at the right bottom of the screen and select On-screen keyboard and check if issue persists.

Please get back to us with the results of the above instructions.

Giridhar J, Jun 26, 2020
Thema:

Upgrade login craziness

1. Upgrade login craziness - Similar Threads - Upgrade login craziness

2. This is crazy . . .

in Windows 10 Customization
    This is crazy . . .: I noticed there are no icons on my desktop? I have, a slideshow running. But, that's it? If I run, "quick access". I can see, everything. All, the files. All, the folders? When I click on, desktop. I see, all the icons. Just the way, they are. When there on, the desktop....
  3. No login password craziness

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    No login password craziness: I just re-installed Win10-64-Home-1909. I do not need a password at login, but am not able to do that. Here is what I have tried so far: netplwiz - uncheck user to enter password. Under user name box below that is my MS email account name. Apply. OK Reboot. Username and...
  4. This is crazy . . .

This is crazy . . .: It's not happening, on this Forum. But it does happen on other screens. Example: Movies, Videos and Music. What, I'm talking about, is a small rectangular window, on the bottom, right side of my screen. It's running, all the time!. It shows commercials, and other things....
  5. Account crazy

Account crazy: Hi, i know there is a Microsoft account and a Windows account but as best i can tell im logged into 3 of my computers with a microsoft account. Why wont my windows password update when i change it in the microsoft account. I want one password for all. How can i make sure...
  6. Keyboard crazy

Keyboard crazy: My keyboard is driving me crazy. It skips around and deletes things when I typing. Is this because of sticky or toggle keys. If so, how do I stop them? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/keyboard-crazy/2f46e6a6-11a3-433d-a24c-2d8f2fab1c40
  7. This is crazy . .

This is crazy . .: It's not happening, on this Forum. But it does happen on other screens. Example: Movies, Videos and Music. What, I'm talking about, is a small rectangular window, on the bottom, right side of my screen. It's running, all the time!. It shows commercials, and other things....
  8. Crazy , , ,

Crazy , , ,: I used to have black as the color of my taskbar . . . But, now it's white? I went to settings/color and picked a color, but there was no way to save it? So it stayed white. I would like to pick another color, for example . . . Black, Navy or whatever! I'll keep an eye on...
  9. Crazy contrast

Crazy contrast: This is a simple, yet extremely annoying, problem I've been having. Every time I go from a full screen application like a game then tab out, my contrast is immediately placed to default which is ridiculously low. After placing it back to what I have it at, sometimes when...
  10. Crazy account/login variations. My fault I suspect

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Crazy account/login variations. My fault I suspect: Why Halo guys, old friends and potential new. Been off the PC for a very long time. This is what I did: I was annoyed that I had used a separate login for Xbox and Win 10. (More annoyed that I couldn't change my master xbox email account, can't add my Win 10 account...