Windows 10: Upgrade my win 10

Discus and support Upgrade my win 10 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello, This weekend I wish to try again make my win 10 (1511) upgrade. After reading about it, I see there are 3 options: 1.Use the Media creation... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Motim, Aug 2, 2017.

1. Motim Win User

Upgrade my win 10

Hello,
    This weekend I wish to try again make my win 10 (1511) upgrade.
    After reading about it, I see there are 3 options:
    1.Use the Media creation tool to start the update / upgrade
    2.Use setup from mounted Iso file (which was created with the media creation tool)
    3.Use Windows 10 upgrade 9252 assistant

I do not want to loose MS office (2007) as well as my other installed programs
    I have a fresh macrium image (on a second disk) to restore if something goes wrong
    Not any AV software installed

Please help me to decide which option from the above to use

Answers will be appreciated
    Thanks

:)

Motim, Aug 2, 2017

2. Can I use my windows 8

Can I use my windows 8 that I upgraded to win 10 as V -machine ?

I had win 8 installed on my computer, and then I upgraded to win 10, Now my question is, can I now use the licenced win 8 as a V- Machine on my upgraded win 10 installation ?

fourthdigitevol, Aug 2, 2017
  3. vijayleee Win User
    how downgrade win 10 pro to default win 10 home

hai my name is Vijay. I upgrade my laptop win 7 home to win 10 home officially. installation and every thing is good. my friend upgrade my laptop win 10 home to win 10 pro. next day activate windows option is appearing on desktop. I don't want win 10
    pro. I want my official upgrade of win 10 home. how can go back win 10 home. I tried to change registry names. after I try to install win 10 os. it shows win 10 pro is going to install . how to downgrade win 10 pro to win 10 home with out loosing any settings
    and apps. is there any way to delete upgrade of win 10 pro.please give solution.

vijayleee, Aug 2, 2017
  4. Bree New Member

Upgrade my win 10

My preferred option is always your "2. Use setup from mounted Iso file (which was created with the media creation tool)" though I prefer to use the USB media (which was created with the media creation tool). Makes little practical difference, the media is the same on the ISO or USB.

For a 'problem' upgrade (as yours seems to have been) untick the 'check for updates' option when you run Setup. You can always check for updates later if/when you successfully upgrade.

I have upgraded a laptop this way that came with OEM-installed Win7/Office 2007 first to 1511, then 1607 and now 1703. Office is still installed and fully functional.

Bree, Aug 2, 2017
  5. Berton Win User
    I've used a procedure quite similar to Bree's method on several computers without issues, especially skipping the check for updates part. The initial install is always much faster when skipping that and getting them later.

Berton, Aug 2, 2017
  6. mrgeek Win User
    I concur with the two other experts. I have seen many people have problems with the Upgrade Assistant, as you are not in full control of things.
    Using Option 2 will keep your non-MS programs and allow you 10 days to rollback in case of problems. Not only will unchecking 'Check for Windows Updates' before you start, speed up the install but will allow you, after checking for new Updates, to determine if an update is causing a problem, like drivers.
    You can also re-run the MCT to create a USB to have on hand, in case you need a future repair or reinstall. Here's a full tutorial by Brink which will show you all the screens to expect. I find that seeing things in advance gives one more confidence in the process. Read Steps 1-3 and use the Step 4 option -
    Repair Install Windows 10 with an In-place Upgrade

mrgeek, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Upgrade my win 10

1. Upgrade my win 10 - Similar Threads - Upgrade

2. What happens to my Windows 11 Home License if I upgrade it to a Windows 11 Pro.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What happens to my Windows 11 Home License if I upgrade it to a Windows 11 Pro.: I am setting up a new desktop and on my current desktop I already have a Windows 11 Home license installed and running.I want to upgrade my existing desktop to Windows 11 Pro and relocate the Windows 11 Home license onto the new desktop that is being built.A few questions...
  3. What happens to my Windows 11 Home License if I upgrade it to a Windows 11 Pro.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    What happens to my Windows 11 Home License if I upgrade it to a Windows 11 Pro.: I am setting up a new desktop and on my current desktop I already have a Windows 11 Home license installed and running.I want to upgrade my existing desktop to Windows 11 Pro and relocate the Windows 11 Home license onto the new desktop that is being built.A few questions...
  4. Does my Windows 10 laptop's CPU support upgrading to 11?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Does my Windows 10 laptop's CPU support upgrading to 11?: Not sure if this is the best place to post this but I am not too savvy with CPU stuff. All I know is that a requirement to download 11 is SSE4.2, which I have but I am still worried I am missing something...
  5. Does my Windows 10 laptop's CPU support upgrading to 11?

Does my Windows 10 laptop's CPU support upgrading to 11?: Not sure if this is the best place to post this but I am not too savvy with CPU stuff. All I know is that a requirement to download 11 is SSE4.2, which I have but I am still worried I am missing something...
  6. Does my Windows 10 laptop's CPU support upgrading to 11?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. System shows Windows 11 Pro, but on version 21H2, cant upgrade to 22H2 or 23H2, tried lots,...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    System shows Windows 11 Pro, but on version 21H2, cant upgrade to 22H2 or 23H2, tried lots,...: Edition Windows 11 Pro Version 21H2 Installed on ‎29/‎01/‎2024 OS build 22000.2538 Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 1000.22001.1000.0...
  8. System shows Windows 11 Pro, but on version 21H2, cant upgrade to 22H2 or 23H2, tried lots,...

System shows Windows 11 Pro, but on version 21H2, cant upgrade to 22H2 or 23H2, tried lots,...: Edition Windows 11 Pro Version 21H2 Installed on ‎29/‎01/‎2024 OS build 22000.2538 Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 1000.22001.1000.0...
  9. I upgraded my windows from 10 to 11 through bigFix and now I am not connecting to my domain...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I upgraded my windows from 10 to 11 through bigFix and now I am not connecting to my domain...: I upgraded my windows from 10 to 11 through bigFix and now I am not connecting to my domain group network Wifi https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-upgraded-my-windows-from-10-to-11-through-bigfix/21a05142-7acd-41bc-a1c6-fc5eb9198d96
  10. I upgraded my windows from 10 to 11 through bigFix and now I am not connecting to my domain...

I upgraded my windows from 10 to 11 through bigFix and now I am not connecting to my domain...: I upgraded my windows from 10 to 11 through bigFix and now I am not connecting to my domain group network Wifi https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-upgraded-my-windows-from-10-to-11-through-bigfix/21a05142-7acd-41bc-a1c6-fc5eb9198d96

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows phone build 17138