Windows 10: Upgrade new PC Win 11 Home to Pro. Old PC has Win 10 Pro digital license

Discus and support Upgrade new PC Win 11 Home to Pro. Old PC has Win 10 Pro digital license in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hello,I have new PC with Win 11 Home. I also have old PC which has Win 10 Pro digital license. Based on some forum, I have already removed license key... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by AniGandhe, Nov 15, 2021.

1. AniGandhe Win User

Upgrade new PC Win 11 Home to Pro. Old PC has Win 10 Pro digital license

Hello,I have new PC with Win 11 Home. I also have old PC which has Win 10 Pro digital license. Based on some forum, I have already removed license key from old laptop. When I try to upgrade Win 11 home to Pro, it asks for license key which I don't have.Any help/guidance is appreciated.Thanks,Ani

:)

AniGandhe, Nov 15, 2021

2. Transfer Win 10 Pro upgrade to New Computer with Win 10 Home

I have purchased a new computer with Win 10 Home.

I have an old computer which was upgraded from Win 10 Home to Win 10 Pro. It is activated digitally.

I want to down grade the old computer to Win 10 Home and upgrade the new one from Win 10 Home to Win 10 Pro.

The cost of the upgrade package is more that the old computer is worth.

I have Acronis 2020 and can clone the old system to the new one but that won't fix the Digital License.

Help please.

DanielL.Lieberman, Nov 15, 2021
  3. Win 10 Home to Pro upgrade

How do I upgrade from Win 10 Home to Win 10 Pro with a digital Licence. The in structions say

• If you have a digital license for Windows 10 Pro, and Windows 10 Home is currently activated on your device, select
      Go to Microsoft Store and you'll be prompted to upgrade to Windows 10 Pro for free.

Fine, but how do I get a digital Licence for Win 10 PRo??

Going to Microsoft Store via the upgrade with digital licence link, provides no opton for upgrading.

Any solution??

JohnStorey11, Nov 15, 2021
  4. jastgop Win User

Can I upgrade OEM win 10 home to Pro and then transfer to a new build PC?

Hi, I bought a laptop 5 years ago which came with win 8.1 OEM installed. I did the free upgrade to win 10 home when this came available.

I have built my own PC with new components, but I'm aware that I can't transfer the win 10 home license as it is OEM and linked to the hardware of the old laptop.

What I was wondering, is if I upgrade the win 10 home to win 10 pro via the windows store on my old laptop, will this allow me to then transfer the win 10 pro license to my new build PC, or will this license continue to be linked solely to the existing laptop?

Hope that makes sense.

jastgop, Nov 15, 2021
Thema:

1. Upgrade new PC Win 11 Home to Pro. Old PC has Win 10 Pro digital license - Similar Threads - Upgrade Home Pro

2. Activation Issues with Digital License Win 10 Home OEM -> Win 10 Pro -> Win 11 Pro -> Win...

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Activation Issues with Digital License Win 10 Home OEM -> Win 10 Pro -> Win 11 Pro -> Win...: I have a Dell Latitude 5401 laptop which came with Windows 10 Home OEM. I have upgraded from Windows 10 Home OEM to Windows 10 Pro and digital license is connected to my outlook id t****@outlook.com.At a later date, I have upgraded from windows 10 pro to windows 11 pro....
  3. Activation Issues with Digital License Win 10 Home OEM -> Win 10 Pro -> Win 11 Pro -> Win...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Activation Issues with Digital License Win 10 Home OEM -> Win 10 Pro -> Win 11 Pro -> Win...: I have a Dell Latitude 5401 laptop which came with Windows 10 Home OEM. I have upgraded from Windows 10 Home OEM to Windows 10 Pro and digital license is connected to my outlook id t****@outlook.com.At a later date, I have upgraded from windows 10 pro to windows 11 pro....
  4. Activation Issues with Digital License Win 10 Home OEM -> Win 10 Pro -> Win 11 Pro -> Win...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. switching C: drives from old win 10 pro pc to new win 11 pc

in Windows 10 Gaming
    switching C: drives from old win 10 pro pc to new win 11 pc: Pretty self explanatory. The reason why I wanted to do this was because the new pc has a 256gb ssd and my old pc has a 500gb ssd, I also personally don't like win 11Could I just replace the new ssd with the old one directly? Or would that mess up the OS?...
  6. switching C: drives from old win 10 pro pc to new win 11 pc

switching C: drives from old win 10 pro pc to new win 11 pc: Pretty self explanatory. The reason why I wanted to do this was because the new pc has a 256gb ssd and my old pc has a 500gb ssd, I also personally don't like win 11Could I just replace the new ssd with the old one directly? Or would that mess up the OS?...
  7. Upgrade new PC Win 11 Home to Pro. Old PC has Win 10 Pro digital license

Upgrade new PC Win 11 Home to Pro. Old PC has Win 10 Pro digital license: Hello,I have new PC with Win 11 Home. I also have old PC which has Win 10 Pro digital license. Based on some forum, I have already removed license key from old laptop. When I try to upgrade Win 11 home to Pro, it asks for license key which I don't have.Any help/guidance is...
  8. I want to buy a new PC and install Win 10 Pro. My old PC is has this Win 10 Pro which is a...

I want to buy a new PC and install Win 10 Pro. My old PC is has this Win 10 Pro which is a...: I have the original 25 char key of Win 7 Home Premium that I bought from a shop. I want to replace my old PC with a new one. Can I use the same original key, or would it be a different Win 10 Pro key?...
  9. Win 10 Pro Upgrade License

Win 10 Pro Upgrade License: Hello Forum, What type of Win 10 license should I have if I purchased Win 10 Pro upgrade from the Microsoft Store online? I would presume I would have a retail license. Is that correct? The Win 10 Pro upgrade was installed on a new HP Laptop that came with Win 10 Home...
  10. Transfer Win 10 Pro Licence to a new Win 10 Home PC

Transfer Win 10 Pro Licence to a new Win 10 Home PC: I bought a Laptop with Win 7 in July 2012. In January, 2013, I bought a Win 8 Pro licence through the promotion that was running at the time. I have since update the original Win 7 PC, to Win 8 Pro, to Win 10 Pro and it now is running Win 10 update 1903. I bought a new...