Windows 10: Upgrade new Studio Windows 11 Home from old PC Windows 10 Pro license

Discus and support Upgrade new Studio Windows 11 Home from old PC Windows 10 Pro license in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I just purchased a new Surface Studio for my wife. it's replacing and older PC running Windows 10 Pro while the Studio has Windows 11 Home. I would... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by DarkkHelmet, Dec 8, 2022.

1. Upgrade new Studio Windows 11 Home from old PC Windows 10 Pro license

I just purchased a new Surface Studio for my wife. it's replacing and older PC running Windows 10 Pro while the Studio has Windows 11 Home. I would like to transfer the Pro license to the Studio but the old PC was only logged into Windows 10 locally and there is no product key I can find. I believe the older PC was upgraded from Window 7 to Windows 10 but can't be certain. Is there a way for me to transfer the license?

:)

DarkkHelmet, Dec 8, 2022
  2. krimetal Win User

Windows 10 upgrade license

The interesting question is that: the upgrade takes place before 29 of July. If I upgrade the PC (change the MB), and I transfer the Win 8.1 license to this new PC (cause 8.1 is retail FPP), will I be able to upgrade to Windows 10 for free? Or a upgrade license must be bought?

krimetal, Dec 8, 2022
  3. krimetal Win User
    Windows 10 upgrade license

Hello guys,

I have 1 license of WIndows 8.1 FPP/retail license. I want to upgrade to WIndows 10, but I one thing is unclear to me.
    If I upgrade, will WIndows 10 license be retail or it will "turn" into some sort of OEM license?

I ask this because I upgrade my PC, you know, more memory, replace HDD, and I intend to upgrade the MB and CPU to Kaby Lake platform sometime in the future, (and of course sell the replaced hardware)
    This thing is not clearly mentioned anywhere.

Thank you.

krimetal, Dec 8, 2022
  4. Upgrade new Studio Windows 11 Home from old PC Windows 10 Pro license

Free upgrade from Windows 11 Home to 11 Pro using 10 Pro retail license

My current computer has an activated Windows 10 Pro retail license. I'm planning to replace my current computer by buying a new computer that comes preinstalled with Windows 11 Home, and then I understand I can use my 10 Pro license to upgrade to 11 Pro for free.

What's the most straightforward way of accomplishing this? The obvious approach that comes to mind involves two steps:

1. Reinstall Windows 10 Pro on new computer and activate with my existing retail license.
    2. Upgrade new computer to 11 Pro for free through the settings.
    Is there a simpler way of doing this without having to reinstall Windows 10? For example, would it be possible to somehow "trade in" my Windows 10 Pro license for 11 Pro? I'm fairly new to Windows licensing and am just trying to understand what is possible/best practice, with minimal effort.

Zachary100, Dec 8, 2022
Thema:

Upgrade new Studio Windows 11 Home from old PC Windows 10 Pro license

1. Upgrade new Studio Windows 11 Home from old PC Windows 10 Pro license - Similar Threads - Upgrade Studio Home

2. Upgrade new Studio Windows 11 Home from old PC Windows 10 Pro license

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Upgrade new Studio Windows 11 Home from old PC Windows 10 Pro license: I just purchased a new Surface Studio for my wife. it's replacing and older PC running Windows 10 Pro while the Studio has Windows 11 Home. I would like to transfer the Pro license to the Studio but the old PC was only logged into Windows 10 locally and there is no product...
  3. Windows 10 Pro license to upgrade Windows 11 Home to Windows 11 Pro

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Pro license to upgrade Windows 11 Home to Windows 11 Pro: As per title, my work got a laptop for a staff member which came with windows 11 home, but we need Win 11 pro to set up domain. Does buying and using a Win 10 Pro license in the "settings > activation > change product key" dialog correctly upgrade this windows 11...
  4. Windows 10 Pro license to upgrade Windows 11 Home to Windows 11 Pro

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Pro license to upgrade Windows 11 Home to Windows 11 Pro: As per title, my work got a laptop for a staff member which came with windows 11 home, but we need Win 11 pro to set up domain. Does buying and using a Win 10 Pro license in the "settings > activation > change product key" dialog correctly upgrade this windows 11...
  5. Upgrade new PC Win 11 Home to Pro. Old PC has Win 10 Pro digital license

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Upgrade new PC Win 11 Home to Pro. Old PC has Win 10 Pro digital license: Hello,I have new PC with Win 11 Home. I also have old PC which has Win 10 Pro digital license. Based on some forum, I have already removed license key from old laptop. When I try to upgrade Win 11 home to Pro, it asks for license key which I don't have.Any help/guidance is...
  6. Upgrade new PC Win 11 Home to Pro. Old PC has Win 10 Pro digital license

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Upgrade new PC Win 11 Home to Pro. Old PC has Win 10 Pro digital license: Hello,I have new PC with Win 11 Home. I also have old PC which has Win 10 Pro digital license. Based on some forum, I have already removed license key from old laptop. When I try to upgrade Win 11 home to Pro, it asks for license key which I don't have.Any help/guidance is...
  7. license windows 10 upgrade, from windows 10 home to pro

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    license windows 10 upgrade, from windows 10 home to pro: hi i would like to upgrade from window 10 home to window 10 pro. then buy license part number FQC-08929 but can't upgrade as microsoft said it is OEM license. then supplier suggest another license part number FQC-09131. 1. FQC-09131 is this license valid for upgrade...
  8. Can I move a license for a Windows 10 Pro upgrade from an old PC to a new PC?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can I move a license for a Windows 10 Pro upgrade from an old PC to a new PC?: Both PC's use Windows Live. The old PC is about ready to go into the trash. Can I reuse my Pro upgrade and save about $100? submitted by /u/wrcousert [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/mn9op1/can_i_move_a_license_for_a_windows_10_pro_upgrade/
  9. Migrate Windows Pro upgrade from home License to new machine

Migrate Windows Pro upgrade from home License to new machine: I bought a Surface Pro 7 i5 and paid the $99 to upgrade to Windows Pro. After a few weeks I decided I wanted to return it and get the i7 instead. I can't figure out how to migrate the Windows Pro upgrade to the new machine though. Do I really need to pay $99 again?...
  10. Transfer of Windows 10 Pro Retail License from old PC to a new PC

Transfer of Windows 10 Pro Retail License from old PC to a new PC: I had purchased a Windows 7 PC, and upgraded my PC to Windows 8 Pro during the upgrade offer by purchasing a Windows 8 pro license. Now I would like to transfer my license to another PC because i am thinking of disposing of my old PC. My digital license is linked to my...