Windows 10: Upgrade Now button takes me to Windows Update Page???

Discus and support Upgrade Now button takes me to Windows Update Page??? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi there. I'm currently running Windows 7 Pro on a Lenovo ThinkPad. I have the Get Windows 10 icon showing. When I click it, it takes me to the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by radar2000, Feb 19, 2016.

1. radar2000 Win User

Upgrade Now button takes me to Windows Update Page???

Hi there.

I'm currently running Windows 7 Pro on a Lenovo ThinkPad.

I have the Get Windows 10 icon showing. When I click it, it takes me to the Upgrade Now button. So far so good.

When I click the Upgrade Now button, I get the starting to download screen with the circle dots. After a few seconds, it then takes me to the Windows 7 'Windows Update' page in the control panel, where it says that 'windows is up to date'. And that's it.

Any suggestions on how to get Windows 10 to upgrade? I've done other laptops without issue. Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers!

:)

radar2000, Feb 19, 2016
  2. RupertFC Win User

windows 8.1 update, no calendar!

I have a Nokia Lumia 520, Windows 8 phone. I upgraded to Windows 8.1, but now my calendar won't start /open. I tried to download the calendar update .247, it takes me to the app store, and shows me the details of the app, but there isn't an install button...so
    I can't download it! Any suggestions?

RupertFC, Feb 19, 2016
  3. Shmeezer Win User
    Elan won't disable tapping

The newest update just installed. I had disabled tapping before the upgrade, but now it won't disable even though I have gone through the steps to disable by going to Mouse Properties, Elan tab, Options, and clicking to remove the check mark for tapping,
    and clicking the apply button. Now the Options button won't take me anywhere.

Shmeezer, Feb 19, 2016
  4. Ztruker Win User

Ztruker, Feb 19, 2016
  5. radar2000 Win User
    Thanks Ztruker.

Looks like that did the trick. It's running now. I'll advise on how it goes.

Cheers!

radar2000, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Upgrade Now button takes me to Windows Update Page??? - Similar Threads - Upgrade button takes

2. A and D buttons take me to the homescreen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    A and D buttons take me to the homescreen: I have this big problem, sometimes, usually around 1 or 2 times per week my keyboard and mouse stop working for around 10 seconds, then they start working again. On top of that, when that occurs, sometimes pressing A or D take me to the homescreen. AND on top of that, I use...
  3. A and D buttons take me to the homescreen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    A and D buttons take me to the homescreen: I have this big problem, sometimes, usually around 1 or 2 times per week my keyboard and mouse stop working for around 10 seconds, then they start working again. On top of that, when that occurs, sometimes pressing A or D take me to the homescreen. AND on top of that, I use...
  4. the windows button + prtsc button used to take a screenshot on my laptop now it doesn't how...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    the windows button + prtsc button used to take a screenshot on my laptop now it doesn't how...: the windows button + prtsc button used to take a screenshot on my laptop now it doesn't how do i get it to work again, other ways to take a screenshot still work, like using xbox game bar or the snipping tool but i have to manually select the full screen option, i dont...
  5. Laptop won't take me to desktop page

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Laptop won't take me to desktop page: Hello! I've ran into a problem on my laptop. I've had it for years now but never had this problem before. When starting it up, I've managed to get to the password screen, put my password in but then the screen won't take me to the desktop page. Last night, the page must have...
  6. Windows Update page takes AGES to load.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Update page takes AGES to load.: Okay, I've HAD it! Today I tried updating my computer to the 20H2 version because of a game I'm playing at the moment that's being glitchy. But tried turning it off for a couple seconds and then back again. Tried pausing it for 7 days and continuing it back again, but the...
  7. The page I reserch wonn't take me to it

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    The page I reserch wonn't take me to it: Hmmm...can’t reach this page Try this Make sure you’ve got the right web address: https://www.panopto Search for "https://www.panopto" on Bing Refresh the page Details Report this issue...
  8. Help needed: my alt and ctrl button suddenly changed and now it instantly takes me to the...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Help needed: my alt and ctrl button suddenly changed and now it instantly takes me to the...: I really need help, since I cant use Alt tab or copy and paste anymore now. Suddenly my alt key and my ctrl key changed to instantly take me to the ctr al delete screen. Ive tried googling the issue but havent found any related issues. I use a Logitech G710+ keyboard and Im...
  9. Fix issues button on the Windows Update page

in Windows 10 News
    Fix issues button on the Windows Update page: [ATTACH]If you’re trying to update your version of Windows 10 and Windows Update runs into a problem, you might see a notification that updates can’t be installed or […] This post Fix issues button on the Windows Update page is from TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  10. hey, where is that Upgrade Now button gone to ?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    hey, where is that Upgrade Now button gone to ?: Anyone remembers that there was a Upgrade Now button in MCT ? (And I don't mean the Download tool now button.) It's gone now. [img] 44499