Windows 10: Upgrade of Surface Go

Discus and support Upgrade of Surface Go in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I purchased a Surface Go back in May, and I don't think it is powerful enough to suit my needs, which include video development and editing, and lots... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by sdwboddie, Jul 17, 2020.

1. sdwboddie Win User

Upgrade of Surface Go

I purchased a Surface Go back in May, and I don't think it is powerful enough to suit my needs, which include video development and editing, and lots of activities going on at any given time. I had a Surface Pro prior, and am thinking that the consumer level machine price was a factor was good enough. I love my new machine, the size, the convenience, but need to consider if it is best for my needs. Can I return and upgrade? What is the process if I can do so.

:)

sdwboddie, Jul 17, 2020
  2. Brink Win User

Boot Surface Laptop to USB - no Volume button

Hello Jimmy, Upgrade of Surface Go :)

This doesn't list the "Surface Laptop", but you might give it a try to see.

*Arrow Boot Microsoft Surface from a USB device

Otherwise, you should be able to use OPTION ONE below to boot from the USB from advanced startup.

*Arrow Boot from USB Drive on Windows 10 PC Windows 10 Installation Upgrade Tutorials

Brink, Jul 17, 2020
  3. Problem updating Windows Surface Pro 4 with Windows 10 feature updates

Hi,

I have manage to install image for Microsoft Surface Pro 4 by going to https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/...erecoveryimage and download a recovery image for Microsoft Surface Pro 4.

What I did to reset your Surface from a USB recovery drive was:
    Step 1: Make sure your Surface is turned off and plugged in (hold down the power
    button for 30 seconds).
    Step 2: Insert the USB recovery drive into the USB port on your Surface.
    Step 3: Press and hold the volume-down button while you press and release the
    power button on your Surface.
    Step 4: When the Surface logo appears, release the volume button.
    Step 5: When prompted, select the language and keyboard layout you want.
    Step 6: Select Troubleshoot > Reset your PC.
    If prompted for a recovery key, select Skip this drive at the bottom of the
    screen.
    Step 7: Select the target operating system you wish to reset. This
    refers to the current operating system installed on your Surface.
    Step 8: Select Yes, repartition the drives, and on the next page, select Next.
    Step 9: Choose Just remove my files.
    Step 10: Select Reset.
    Surface restarts and the Surface logo displays while the reset process continues
    (this can take a while).

This always fails and I have to do the below which continues installation.
    Windows 10 Installation Media:

1. Insert the Media (DVD/USB) in your PC and restart.
    2. Boot from the media.
    3. Select Repair Your Computer.
    Select Troubleshoot.

1. Choose Command Prompt from the menu:
    Type in the command:
    Diskpart
    Type in the command:
    List disk (Note which disk is your Boot drive number mine is 0)
    Type in the command:
    Sel disk 0
    Type in the command:
    List vol (Note which volume is the EFI partition mine is 4)
    Type in the command:
    Sel vol 4
    Type in the command:
    assign letter=V:
    Type in the command:
    Exit
    Type in the command:
    V:
    After you have assigned a drive letter Using Diskpart You can format the EFI partition:
    Example: if you assigned a letter V to the partition the command would be:
    format V: /FS:FAT32
    Type in the command:
    bcdboot C:\windows /s V: /f UEFI

Now I have an issue that I cannot install Feature Updates. They keep failing to install.
    Any ideas how to resolve issue?

jaburmester, Jul 17, 2020
  4. Brink Win User

Upgrade of Surface Go

New Firmware and Driver Updates for Surface Go - November 9 Surface

Source: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/...update-history

Brink, Jul 17, 2020
Thema:

Upgrade of Surface Go

1. Upgrade of Surface Go - Similar Threads - Upgrade Surface

2. Reset Surface with Home that was upgraded to Pro

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Reset Surface with Home that was upgraded to Pro: I've got a surface device that came with Windows 11 Home edition, I've upgraded to Windows 11 Pro. If I were to reset the device, would I loose the Pro license and go back to home?...
  3. Reset Surface with Home that was upgraded to Pro

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Reset Surface with Home that was upgraded to Pro: I've got a surface device that came with Windows 11 Home edition, I've upgraded to Windows 11 Pro. If I were to reset the device, would I loose the Pro license and go back to home?...
  4. I have Surface pro 7 with windows 10 home edition. I want to upgrade from home to pro...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have Surface pro 7 with windows 10 home edition. I want to upgrade from home to pro...: I have Surface pro 7 with windows 10 home edition. I want to upgrade from home to pro version. Is it free to upgrade or Should I pay ? If I should pay why isn't free when my device and windows both are related to Microsoft...
  5. I have Surface pro 7 with windows 10 home edition. I want to upgrade from home to pro...

I have Surface pro 7 with windows 10 home edition. I want to upgrade from home to pro...: I have Surface pro 7 with windows 10 home edition. I want to upgrade from home to pro version. Is it free to upgrade or Should I pay ? If I should pay why isn't free when my device and windows both are related to Microsoft...
  6. I have Surface pro 7 with windows 10 home edition. I want to upgrade from home to pro...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. My surface laptop would not reboot after a forced upgrade. It required a bit locker release...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My surface laptop would not reboot after a forced upgrade. It required a bit locker release...: Can anyone help cant reboot my surface lap top after a forced windows upgrade. Have unlocked via bitlocker but can’t get any of the repair options or reinstall options to work. On repair from local it fails on reinstall at 64%....
  8. My surface laptop would not reboot after a forced upgrade. It required a bit locker release...

My surface laptop would not reboot after a forced upgrade. It required a bit locker release...: Can anyone help cant reboot my surface lap top after a forced windows upgrade. Have unlocked via bitlocker but can’t get any of the repair options or reinstall options to work. On repair from local it fails on reinstall at 64%....
  9. My surface laptop would not reboot after a forced upgrade. It required a bit locker release...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  10. Windows upgrade on Surface 5?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows upgrade on Surface 5?: i have a book 2 and was going to purchase a Surface 5 with 8gig of RAM. I asked at Best Buy what happens when the new Windows comes out in 2024, will I be able to upgrade? He told me I would need 16 gigs more than likely for the upgrade. Is that true?...