Windows 10: upgrade old NVMe ssd to new NVMe ssd and kkep my Windows

Discus and support upgrade old NVMe ssd to new NVMe ssd and kkep my Windows in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi. I just got the "Samsung 970 evo" NVMe and I want to replace it with the old one that has my Windows on it I know there is a way with adapter and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by AliSahwan1, Jan 12, 2020.

1. upgrade old NVMe ssd to new NVMe ssd and kkep my Windows

Hi.

I just got the "Samsung 970 evo" NVMe and I want to replace it with the old one that has my Windows on it

I know there is a way with adapter and cable but I don't have that, so is there a way that I can keep my Windows ?

-I don't mind to lose my files

-Is it possible to save the Windows on Flash Drive or External Hard Drive ?

:)

AliSahwan1, Jan 12, 2020

2. NVME SSD

Tried this, and windows still didn't see the nvme ssd. It was a brand new nvme ssd right out of the box. Nothing works.

AdrianLucke72, Jan 12, 2020
  3. NVME SSD

I am having difficulty with installing Windows 10 on a 500gb WD m.2 2280 nvme ssd. I have a crosshair vii hero, AMD ryzen 7 2700x. The windows 10 1909 uefi usb drive has a basic unttend.xml in it, to help setup some settings during the install. I have
    followed every direction post i could find about installing windows 10 to a nvme drive, and i cant get Windows 10 to see the nvme ssd.

AdrianLucke72, Jan 12, 2020
  4. upgrade old NVMe ssd to new NVMe ssd and kkep my Windows

Clone present nvme pcie ssd to replacement nvme pcie ssd?

I have a 500GB M.2 2280 NVMe PCIe SSD (boot drive) that I want to replace with a higher capacity M.2 card.

Where do I put the new SSD during the NVMe to NVMe cloning process? My mobo only has one M.2 slot for NVMe SSD's so do I want to use an external adapter for one of the M.2 cards? If so, do you have a recommendation?

If you have solved this issue for your desktop or laptop I would like your advice on if and what extra hardware you needed during the cloning.

please remember that I am dealing with PCIe NVMe drives ONLY. NO Sata is involved except possibly for a connecting cable from the desktop to an adapter. I am experienced with cloning SATA III drives but cloning NVMe is a little
    new to me.

Computer: Dell XPS 8920, 32GB ram.

Present SSD: KXG50ZNV512G NVMe Toshiba 512GB

New SSD: CT13049074 Crucial P1 NVMe PCIe M.2 SSD 1TB (or 2TB if available soon) or similar storage device.

Windows 10 Pro for Workstations, version 1809.

Cbarnhorst, Jan 12, 2020
Thema:

upgrade old NVMe ssd to new NVMe ssd and kkep my Windows

1. upgrade old NVMe ssd to new NVMe ssd and kkep my Windows - Similar Threads - upgrade old NVMe

2. Upgrade Windows 7 on SSD NVMe to Windows 10 on SSD NVMe

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Upgrade Windows 7 on SSD NVMe to Windows 10 on SSD NVMe: I've been searching the web for this answer but I cannot find any. It's either they tell you how to upgrade from Windows 7 on regular HDD to Windows 10 on regular HDD or how they migrate from Windows 10 on HDD to Windows 10 on SSD NVME.So right now I'm still using Windows 7...
  3. Upgrade Windows 7 on SSD NVMe to Windows 10 on SSD NVMe

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Upgrade Windows 7 on SSD NVMe to Windows 10 on SSD NVMe: I've been searching the web for this answer but I cannot find any. It's either they tell you how to upgrade from Windows 7 on regular HDD to Windows 10 on regular HDD or how they migrate from Windows 10 on HDD to Windows 10 on SSD NVME.So right now I'm still using Windows 7...
  4. Upgrade Windows 7 on SSD NVMe to Windows 10 on SSD NVMe

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Cloned old NVME ssd to new NVME ssd, new ssd won't boot windows. Get stop code inaccessible...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Cloned old NVME ssd to new NVME ssd, new ssd won't boot windows. Get stop code inaccessible...: So, I cloned my old nvme SSD to my new one. I only had one slot and the old drive was only about 120 gb with the new one being about 1tb. Everything cloned over fine, the OS, etc. It's just it keeps trying to locate the old drive C instead of the new one E. Disk 2 is the old...
  6. New NVMe SSD not recognized

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    New NVMe SSD not recognized: I bought a new WD Blue SN550 1TB nvme ssd to add to my laptop as additional storage however it does not appear as an available storage space. I can see it in the BIOS. I checked my storage controllers and don't see Windows Standard NVMe drivers there, is that the issue maybe?...
  7. Is this normal? New NVME SSD?!

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is this normal? New NVME SSD?!: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/jazzzy990 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/iaukb3/is_this_normal_new_nvme_ssd/
  8. upgrade old NVMe ssd to new NVMe ssd and keep my Windows

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    upgrade old NVMe ssd to new NVMe ssd and keep my Windows: Hi. I just got the "Samsung 970 evo" NVMe and I want to replace it with the old one that has my Windows on it I know there is a way with adapter and cable but I don't have that, so is there a way that I can keep my Windows ? -I don't mind to lose my files -Is it possible...
  9. NVME SSD

NVME SSD: Do all versions of Windows 10, including business (Volume license), have built in NVme drivers? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/nvme-ssd/4df34df6-e834-425b-b1c1-716012fe31a6
  10. Connect NVMe SSD to old desktop

Connect NVMe SSD to old desktop: Hi I have an old 2013ish desktop rig, which still serves me well for office and multimedia purposes and I have a new NVMe SSD drive primarily seen in use with new notebooks but for now I would like to use it in my desktop. I do not have the required slot as far as I am...