Windows 10: Upgrade OneDrive in all user profiles on Windows 10

Discus and support Upgrade OneDrive in all user profiles on Windows 10 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi. I am administrator of Windows 10 Enterprise version 1803. Recently I got a following finding about OneDrive on my Windows 10 by vulnerability scan.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Please_help_me_110, Aug 3, 2020.

1. Upgrade OneDrive in all user profiles on Windows 10

Hi. I am administrator of Windows 10 Enterprise version 1803. Recently I got a following finding about OneDrive on my Windows 10 by vulnerability scan.

--------------------------------------

Upgrade to Microsoft OneDrive version 20.084.0426.007 or later.

Installed version : 17.3.6816.313

Fixed version : 20.084.0426.0007

---------------------------------------

So I downloaded the patch from Microsoft site as follows, and I login to my Win 10 box with admin account, and I patched it. I confirmed the version of OneDrive is correctly upgraded to the required version on appwiz.cpl, then I scan my box again, but the finding is still there. I found out that old version of OneDrive are still remain on each user profiles even though I patched it by admin account. This my Win 10 box is used by several users at office, and I am the one who got admin permission to take care of vulnerability. When I login to another account, I can see OneDrive is still older version even though I already patched by admin account. It looks like I have to ask every users who have ever logged in the box to login and patch it, but it is so weird. This is my understanding that once you upgrade application on Windows, the version will be upgraded as same to every users in the box. I am not sure why OneDrive requires to upgrade to each users separately. Is there any way to upgrade it in every user profiles at the same by one time?

Any advice will be gratefully appreciated.

OneDrive release notes

https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb...35e-bf28-4e24b95e5fc0?ui=en-us&rs=en-gb&ad=gb

:)

Please_help_me_110, Aug 3, 2020

2. Windows 10 - OneDrive

Right click on the app and one of the properties has an option to not automatically start it. Uncheck, restart the computer, and it should stop. If you want to go another step further, find the OneDrive app in the start menu, right click on it and uninstall.

If that is still insufficient, there is a batch uninstaller for OneDrive available online. I can copy the code here if you need it.

FordGT90Concept, Aug 3, 2020
  3. Freezer Win User
    Windows 10 - OneDrive

This is Windows 10 Pro... Enterprise is an entirely different deal and I'm sure I won't have problems that route, but I'm not forking over more $ to dipshit developers. The only thing I can think of is un-linking my Office 365 accounts within Office, but that defeats the purpose of accessing the files ONLINE and managing them from there. I have two alumni accounts, not a single problem in Windows 7/8 until M$shit devs decided to integrate Onedrive. I've deleted, renamed, set read-only to "msosync.exe," ... but windows continues to add it again and again, and NOW I just noticed it's now linking to groove.exe, instead of onedrive. Sooo fn annoying!

Onedrive on Windows 10 is not an 'app' it is integrated. Plus I don't fool around with the Windows Store thoughtless developer child bullshit. Windows Store ought to be completely removed from the Windows platform all together. Also I do not intend to completely remove Onedrive, it defeats the purpose... the purpose is to REMOVE it from Windows Explorer navigation and startup.

Freezer, Aug 3, 2020
  4. Easo Win User

Upgrade OneDrive in all user profiles on Windows 10

Windows 10 - OneDrive

Can we have rant-less version, please?

Easo, Aug 3, 2020
Thema:

Upgrade OneDrive in all user profiles on Windows 10

1. Upgrade OneDrive in all user profiles on Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Upgrade OneDrive user

2. Copy Users Profile All Users and Default User

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Copy Users Profile All Users and Default User: How to copy All Users and Default User from C drive to D drive?All Users and Default User seems to be shortcut icon https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/copy-users-profile-all-users-and-default-user/e94bb39f-d648-4b2e-a930-a7aea4c158e2
  3. OneDrive Error and now User Profile and all my data is missing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    OneDrive Error and now User Profile and all my data is missing: I am setting up a new PC for my boss. I was literally on the very last thing, copying over a folder from his old PC to his new one. After the folder copied the PC kinda froze so I rebooted it. He has an Office365 account so when I set this up, his user profile was tied to...
  4. User profile and all of my data is gone / windows 10

User profile and all of my data is gone / windows 10: My user profile and all my data, docs, photos, music, videos have disappeared from my laptop running windows 10. I was using my computer happily and hit restart and when it rebooted all of my info was gone!!! Please help me! Thanks...
  5. Windows 10 User Profile

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 User Profile: I just noticed that I have 2 microsoft account and the one that I used to log in to my Asus Laptop is the microsoft account that I never used at all let's say it's A. Now I want to migrate all windows settings and data to other microsoft account B. Is it possible if I...
  6. WINDOWS 10 USER PROFILES

WINDOWS 10 USER PROFILES: My laptop wont update because of low space. I literally have deleted all my personal files & don't know why it still wont. I even put in an sd chip but not enough available to "MOVE" program or app from C drive to sd chip to give me enough space for my update. I did notice...
  7. How to sync user profile to Onedrive?

How to sync user profile to Onedrive?: Please explain how to sync user profile to OneDrive? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-sync-user-profile-to-onedrive/aa6b6b5d-f6aa-4781-a291-f1b75a221318"
  8. Windows 10 - 1809 Upgrade - Domain User Profile Issue

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 - 1809 Upgrade - Domain User Profile Issue: Hello, As part of testing for our organisation, I have upgraded my laptop from Windows 10 Pro 1803 to 1809. The upgrade went without a hitch and appeared to be working well whilst logged into our domain (on site) It copied my profile which was fully customised with desktop...
  9. Windows 10 - 1809 Upgrade - Domain User Profile Issue

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 - 1809 Upgrade - Domain User Profile Issue: Hello, As part of testing for our organisation, I have upgraded my laptop from Windows 10 Pro 1803 to 1809. The upgrade went without a hitch and appeared to be working well whilst logged into our domain (on site) It copied my profile which was fully customised with...
  10. User Profiles location changed with Window 10 upgrade

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    User Profiles location changed with Window 10 upgrade: Machine owner did the free upgrade from 7 to Windows 10 believing it would solve the hardware problems he's been having; plus the whole "it's free" deal. Software doesn't fix failing hardware, so I'm having to upgrade/replace the hardware. I had planned to do a clean install...