Windows 10: Upgrade or Clean Install Windows 10 Fall creators update

Discus and support Upgrade or Clean Install Windows 10 Fall creators update in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hallo, my name is mochaffff. I want to ask about upgrading from windows 10 home to windows fall creators update, so my laptop acer swift 3 i7 is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Mochaffff, Dec 18, 2018.

1. Mochaffff Win User

Upgrade or Clean Install Windows 10 Fall creators update

Hallo, my name is mochaffff.

I want to ask about upgrading from windows 10 home to windows fall creators update, so my laptop acer swift 3 i7 is preloaded with w10 home, and i want to upgrade it to w10 fall creators update, but im confused how do upgrade it bcs i dont want to lose the license of my windows that i use. shoud i use windows upgrade installer on microsoft website? or i do clean install but if i did the clean install is my license gonna be wiped out?

:)

Mochaffff, Dec 18, 2018

2. Disk bloat in Windows 10 Fall Creators Update

Is it my imagination, or does the Windows 10 Fall Creators Update consume an additional 20-30GB of disk space over the previous Creators Update release? Unfortunately, I didn't log my disk usage before the upgrade, but now my C: drive has 56GB of stuff, and I know it wasn't anywhere near that full before. I've run "Disk Cleanup -> Clean up system files" and selected everything on the list, including remove previous version of Windows. I also emptied my Recycle Bin, my Temp folder, \Windows\Temp folder, and \Windows\SoftwareDistribution\Download folder. Finally, I ran Wise Disk Cleaner to delete assorted application garbage.

Has anyone else noticed the bloat in Fall Creators Update?

Static~Charge, Dec 18, 2018
  3. New install Windows 10 (issue solved)

It's good that you're not experiencing any issues. Unfortunately many folks are, a quick Google search will show the same info im offering the OP.

Heres a couple examples:

Here

Here

It's basically what I mentioned above, small issues here and there ,but nothing to end your day.. for the most part.

I know it's anecdotal, but for my experience 95% of the time it's perfectly fine. The issues I've run into wouldn't be enough for me to roll back , but they would be enough (had I not installed it yet) ,to avoid it for another couple weeks which is why I'm suggesting it to the OP

Windows 10 Fall Creators Update problems and complaints
    • Installation problems with the Fall Creators Update
    • Microsoft Edge problems with the Fall Creators Update
    • Drivers problems with the Fall Creators Update
    • Experience problems with the Fall Creators Update
    keep in mind, as of recently, the FCU is installed on 5% of devices roughly.....

jboydgolfer, Dec 18, 2018
  4. Upgrade or Clean Install Windows 10 Fall creators update

Disk bloat in Windows 10 Fall Creators Update

FYI - The new version is 1709.

I had some spare time at work this morning, so I upgraded my test machine from Creators Update (1703) to Fall Creators Update (1709). Here are the results:

Creators Update
    After cleaning up the system files and removing the hibernation file.
    125GB of free space

Fall Creators Update
    After the upgrade was complete.
    112GB of free space

After cleaning up the system files and removing the hibernation file.
    129GB of free space​
    The end result is all over the map: some people have more free space, and others have less. My test machine gained 4 gigs of space. I'd like to know what causes some computers to keep unnecessary files after the upgrade. In the meantime, I'm going to fire-up a disk space analyzer and find out what's hogging my drive.

Static~Charge, Dec 18, 2018
Thema:

Upgrade or Clean Install Windows 10 Fall creators update

1. Upgrade or Clean Install Windows 10 Fall creators update - Similar Threads - Upgrade Clean Install

2. WINDOWS 10 Fall Creators Update

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    WINDOWS 10 Fall Creators Update: I just downloaded the above mentioned update and it looks like some fun things are here. I am interested in giving "Paint 3D" a shot although I am told it's designed for touch screen and I don't use one. Here's the problem---it has force fed me "OneDrive" which I am not a...
  3. Fall Creator's Update refuses to install

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Fall Creator's Update refuses to install: Hi, all. I've had no problems with updates on my Toshiba L50-C laptop until trying to install version 1709. The update wouldn't download last night, so I shut down and ran the WU troubleshooter this morning. Then it downloaded, but got stuck 'preparing to install' at...
  4. Windows 10 Fresh Install Fall Creators Update?

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Fresh Install Fall Creators Update?: Hello about to install Windows 10 onto a new PC I have Windows 10 on USB is it possible yet to just install to the latest version or do I need to update after install? Thanks 99200
  5. Error while performing clean install of windows 10 fall creators updat

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Error while performing clean install of windows 10 fall creators updat: I own a dell inspiron 5558 laptop.I was performing a clean installation of fall creators update by bootable usb drive. Since I was performing a clean installation so i selected boot from usb and started installing. I chose custom installation and deleted the partitions...
  6. Windows 10 Upgrade Assistant - Windows 10 Fall Creators Update

Windows 10 Upgrade Assistant - Windows 10 Fall Creators Update: My computer came preinstalled with Windows 10 on it. It already had the Windows 10 Upgrade Assistant on it, which bumped it up to the regular Creators Update. When the Windows 10 Fall Creators Update comes out, and I go to install it through the Upgrade Assistant, will it...
  7. fall creator update

fall creator update: Is there a general chart which might give info on when i would get fcu. I went from 7 to 10 just a couple weeks before free 10 stopped. 97324
  8. Clean install of Fall Creators Update and State Repository Service

Clean install of Fall Creators Update and State Repository Service: I did a clean install of Fall Creator's Update using bootable media and when I finished the clean install and went through OOBE while online and edge opened automatically. As soon as I clicked on the hyperlinks in Edge the app freezes and then the CPU reaches almost 100% on...
  9. Fall Creators Update fails to install

Fall Creators Update fails to install: Attempted from 16299.15 ISO. Suspect something to do with AMD 17.7.2 driver (latest for this system) since it aborts at 33%. [img] Edit: Today I did a clean install of Windows 10 Pro 16299.15 on a unused partition. It installed with any issues and Windows 10...
  10. Fall Creators Update

in Windows 10 Support
    Fall Creators Update: I work for a company that has about 200 desktop and laptop running Windows 10 (most are HP's)on our own domain and after the fall creators update, we have experienced Unauthenticated network messages as well as download issues in all browsers (Edge, IE 11, Chrome, Firefox)....