Windows 10: Upgrade OS from one SSD to another SSD?

Discus and support Upgrade OS from one SSD to another SSD? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Could I possibly get some help on how best I can upgrade my existing SSD. I have a 256 GB SSD which I would like to upgrade to a 480 GB SSD. I already... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by mparikh, Aug 12, 2019.

1. mparikh Win User

Upgrade OS from one SSD to another SSD?

Could I possibly get some help on how best I can upgrade my existing SSD. I have a 256 GB SSD which I would like to upgrade to a 480 GB SSD. I already have the new SSD and want to upgrade it tommorow. How best I can transfer/migrate my OS (Windows 10 Insider Preview) from the old to the new SSD?

:)

mparikh, Aug 12, 2019

2. Upgrading OS to an SSD

Thanks, I will look into the Samsung SSD instead and set it up as you suggested, that's exactly what I needed.

TristanD27, Aug 12, 2019
  3. how to migrate only the OS to a new SSD

hi

i gust got a new SSD

and i want to move my OS and only my OS over to it

so that i can boot from it.

if any one can give me a step by step guide to it that would be grate

some PC info

i have windows 10 64bit

the SSD is 120GB

mrhexeberg, Aug 12, 2019
  4. Upgrade OS from one SSD to another SSD?

Move OS to SSD leave data in HDD

To do so, follow the steps below:

Step 1.
    Clone OS to SSD

Step 2. Enter into BIOS and set the SSD as the first boot disk.

Step 3. Change the old drive to D:\ (you'd better do a disk backup of the old drive in adavance).

Hope my answer will give you a hand.

Paper Plane-4567, Aug 12, 2019
Thema:

Upgrade OS from one SSD to another SSD?

1. Upgrade OS from one SSD to another SSD? - Similar Threads - Upgrade SSD another

2. Moving Windows 10 from one ssd to another

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Moving Windows 10 from one ssd to another: I have two SanDisk SSD 120GB in my computer. I am running out of space and the one that boots up (with Windows OS on it) is dying. 1) How can I see what is on each individual SSD? I have everything backed up and there was very little on the two SSDs to begin with. 2) My...
  3. Upgrading to SSD

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Upgrading to SSD: I have built in WIndows 10 home installed in my HDD but I want to transfer it to my SSD without losing my Activation …..can u help me out with that https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/upgrading-to-ssd/a75ebf49-9a54-4fb5-be39-a3fe0012160e"
  4. Another Newby with a SSD to SSD upgrade problem...

Another Newby with a SSD to SSD upgrade problem...: So, yes, I am a newby here, and know just enough to be dangerous... So please flame me gently! I have an HP laptop with 128gb SSD and 1tb hdd. OS lives on the SSD, which is too small. So I am trying to upgrade the SSD to 1tb. I cloned the existing SSD to my new 1tb SSD via...
  5. upgrade from HDD to SSd

upgrade from HDD to SSd: HI, I have a Lenovo desktop with an AMD E1 processor and a conventional 500gb hard drive. I'm thinking about upgrading this hard drive to an SSD in order to improve performance. How much more responsive would the computer be?? Is it worth it to make this switch?? Thanks...
  6. How can I upgrade from a SSD to another?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How can I upgrade from a SSD to another?: Hello! I got a nice deal with the black friday's discounts for a 480GB SSD from kingston. I had another one with 120GB so i want to move everything from it to the other one, that means Windows and a couple of apps. I will keep both SSDs in my system but I want the 480GBs one...
  7. Upgrade to SSD from HDD

Upgrade to SSD from HDD: I have old Sony Vaio AIO desktop that I want to replace the HDD with 256GB SSD. Current OS is latest version of Windows 10. Computer has Legacy bios and uses Std Dual Channel PCI IDE Controller. I plan to do a clean install of windows 10 . I understand that I need to change...
  8. Upgrade SSD

Upgrade SSD: Hello geniuses, I have an issue that I have not been able to figure out for the life of me and I am praying someone will be able to help!! Background; I have a very expensive HP mobile desktop running 10 Pro. It came with a 128GB SSD which is where the operating system...
  9. Upgrading to an SSD

Upgrading to an SSD: I have a hard drive with three partitions; Windows 7 Home Premium (Primary), Windows 10 Home (Logical), and Windows 10 Pro (Logical). I want to upgrade to an SSD; however, I do not want to just clone my old hard drive/partitions onto the SSD. I only want to move the two...
  10. SSD Upgrade

SSD Upgrade: I have a Dell laptop that was preloaded with Win10. I'm getting ready to upgrade from the 1TB HDD to a 500GB SSD. What is the best way to migrate (or install) Win10 to the new SSD? Thanks! 35419