Windows 10: Upgrade Path, Versions and Previous MS OS versions.

Discus and support Upgrade Path, Versions and Previous MS OS versions. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; is there an extensive or definitive list about what versions of windows 7/8/8.1 get what version of windows 10 w/ the reservations? as im planning... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by CaelThunderwing, Jul 5, 2015.

1. Upgrade Path, Versions and Previous MS OS versions.

is there an extensive or definitive list about what versions of windows 7/8/8.1 get what version of windows 10 w/ the reservations?

as im planning on rolling back from Windows 8.1 to 7 then going to upgrade from there if its going to make Jack Squat a difference as i Still have my legit copy of Windows 7 Ultimate from when in 2009 the "New Efficiency" Seminar hit here in detroit. (said seminar across the world attendees got free 32/x64 versions of windows 7 Ultimate as early as 1 month before 7 went RTM/Retail depending where in the world you were.) since atm im using Windows 8.1 Home (i only upgraded as i gave 8.1 a try saw there was a small minor perforance gain over windows 7 and stayed. )

:)

CaelThunderwing, Jul 5, 2015
  2. neilpzz Win User

product key

Was this a free upgrade from a previous OS originally. If so what was the previous OS. If it was Windows 8 pre-installed on the device use this
    wmic path SoftwareLicensingService get OA3xOriginalProductKey in a Command Prompt (Admin) to find the embedded key.

Are you sure you have installed exactly the same product and version. eg Home/Pro, Single Language. When you say you reinstalled does this mean it was a clean install, did you delete the previous version of Windows 10.

neilpzz, Jul 5, 2015
  3. Upgrade from previous versions of Windows using Windows 10 ISO file - Asking Product Key

The process used by calling microsoft is not what you think. You should try it. What do you have to lose?

If your pc was recognized as activate by Microsoft then it would have allowed you to skip the product key. (which I had to do) to continue the install.

Jmarco0921, Jul 5, 2015
  4. Ztruker Win User

Upgrade Path, Versions and Previous MS OS versions.

Ztruker, Jul 5, 2015
Thema:

Upgrade Path, Versions and Previous MS OS versions.

1. Upgrade Path, Versions and Previous MS OS versions. - Similar Threads - Upgrade Path Versions

2. Previous version of MS Photo Editor?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Previous version of MS Photo Editor?: How do I return my computer to the previous version of MS Photo Editor? Note: Restore point is not availableAlso, I'm not seeking Photo Legacy or Viewer, but rather the MS Photo Editor that was available up to 8/31/2023. Not the new version that has the Markup and Retouch...
  3. Previous version of MS Photo Editor?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Previous version of MS Photo Editor?: How do I return my computer to the previous version of MS Photo Editor? Note: Restore point is not availableAlso, I'm not seeking Photo Legacy or Viewer, but rather the MS Photo Editor that was available up to 8/31/2023. Not the new version that has the Markup and Retouch...
  4. Upgrading Windows 10 OS Versions

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Upgrading Windows 10 OS Versions: I have a stand-a-lone laptop that requires the OS to be at 1909 or higher currently at v1709. I know recently that some of our workstations just went through updating this versions through Windows Update. However, I am not able to connect this laptop in anyway. Is there a...
  5. change to previous version

change to previous version: I hate windows 10 I bought this laptop for one purpose and that is to run a program for frequency generators and the program worked fine on my windows xp my old computer but the screen broke so I bought this new one and it wont run my program and I tried the compatability...
  6. windows 10 version 1709 OS upgrade

windows 10 version 1709 OS upgrade: i have windows 10 version 1709 OS Build 16299.1127 and i would like to upgrade to the newer versions. how do i do that ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-version-1709-os-upgrade/43425fe1-0cc9-4d6b-99f8-776d78f7c1ea
  7. backup or restore previous version of window os

backup or restore previous version of window os: Hey I format my windows 7 and install windows 10 but a huge mistake by me that i forgot about my e drive bitlocker password which i saved in windows 7 c drive so please somebody help me to recover my important files....
  8. Not reset to previous version

Not reset to previous version: I am update window 10 but in update complete only 50%. Then pc is off. Then again pc is restart then show the command to window will reset to previous version.... but it not convert to previous version.. now always show blue screen restart command... how i convert to...
  9. Previous versions

Previous versions: Hello there! In System properties, system protection is "on" for C and E drive I can also see 5 restore point when i click "system restore" from control panel's System properties But when i click on restore previous version on any of the folder in those two drives it...
  10. Restoring Previous Version

in Windows 10 Support
    Restoring Previous Version: So I download Windows 10 from here: Windows 10 Whilst I run it, no questions show up, asking anything, but in videos I see questions, asking about Updates and your current PC data. Once it completes, and restarts my PC, it finishes, then goes onto a screen saying...