Windows 10: Upgrade path

Discus and support Upgrade path in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Why is it so hard to get someone from MS to answer a direct question? They want a support contract to answer anything aside from "What is your name?"!... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Howard3082, Oct 11, 2021.

1. Upgrade path

Why is it so hard to get someone from MS to answer a direct question? They want a support contract to answer anything aside from "What is your name?"! All I want to know is what is the correct upgrade path for a Windows Server 2008 R2 Enterprise to Windows Server 2016 Essentials? I want to by their product and they still want a support contract just to answer that question! Talk about customer NON-SERVICE... I just they just got so big they really don't care anymore... Heck I can't even select the version of software that I'm having an issue with.... The drop down only deals with workstati

:)

Howard3082, Oct 11, 2021

2. Add a path to $PATH?

what exactly do you need to decipher about that path line? also, what are you installing? perhaps i can help.

Easy Rhino, Oct 11, 2021
  3. Add a path to $PATH?

Yeah, I think you're right. I think the purpose of the echo command was to check if ~/bin was in the $PATH file. My problem is that I can't decipher the output and I don't know how to add ~/bin to the $PATH file.

Just for clarification, the snippet of instructions I gave is just a few steps in the installation process. Nothing is actually supposed to be installed with those steps.

Thanks for the reply.

angelkiller, Oct 11, 2021
  4. dalchina Win User

Upgrade path

dalchina, Oct 11, 2021
Thema:

Upgrade path

1. Upgrade path - Similar Threads - Upgrade path

2. upgrade path is not supported

in Windows 10 Gaming
    upgrade path is not supported: this is the message i get when upgrading upgrade path is not supported close setup and re launce from the root of the media or go back and pick a differencvt installation choice what does that mean my machine is running win 11 but it says that i cant run windows how to fix i...
  3. upgrade path is not supported

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    upgrade path is not supported: this is the message i get when upgrading upgrade path is not supported close setup and re launce from the root of the media or go back and pick a differencvt installation choice what does that mean my machine is running win 11 but it says that i cant run windows how to fix i...
  4. Is there upgrade path from Windows 11 Home to Pro

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is there upgrade path from Windows 11 Home to Pro: Is there upgrade path from Windows 11 Home to Pro? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-there-upgrade-path-from-windows-11-home-to-pro/05ffee9c-eb7e-467f-a0e9-e3b1f2d4209c
  5. Is there upgrade path from Windows 11 Home to Pro

Is there upgrade path from Windows 11 Home to Pro: Is there upgrade path from Windows 11 Home to Pro? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-there-upgrade-path-from-windows-11-home-to-pro/05ffee9c-eb7e-467f-a0e9-e3b1f2d4209c
  6. This upgrade path is not supported – Windows 11/10 Upgrade error

in Windows 10 News
    This upgrade path is not supported – Windows 11/10 Upgrade error: [ATTACH]When you try to upgrade to Windows 11 or to the latest version/build of Windows 10 from Windows 7/8.1/10, you may receive the error message This upgrade path is not supported preventing you from proceeding and completing the upgrade operation on your device. This post...
  7. upgrade 10 pro path

in Windows 10 Gaming
    upgrade 10 pro path: I have SQ1 Surface Pro X with windows 10 pro. prior to upgrading SSD 256 to 512 windows update said I could upgrade to windows 11. After installing new SSD, reinstalling Windows 10 pro it is saying passed the Windows Hardware Compatibility Program for Windows 11 but no longer...
  8. upgrade 10 pro path

upgrade 10 pro path: I have SQ1 Surface Pro X with windows 10 pro. prior to upgrading SSD 256 to 512 windows update said I could upgrade to windows 11. After installing new SSD, reinstalling Windows 10 pro it is saying passed the Windows Hardware Compatibility Program for Windows 11 but no longer...
  9. Upgrade path

Upgrade path: Why is it so hard to get someone from MS to answer a direct question? They want a support contract to answer anything aside from "What is your name?"! All I want to know is what is the correct upgrade path for a Windows Server 2008 R2 Enterprise to Windows Server 2016...
  10. No direct upgrade path from Windows 7 or 8.1 to Windows 11

in Windows 10 News
    No direct upgrade path from Windows 7 or 8.1 to Windows 11: Devices that run Microsoft's Windows 7 or Windows 8.1 operating systems can't be upgraded to Windows 11 directly using inplace upgrades. Direct upgrades are only available on Windows 10 devices. A recent news post on Microsoft's German news site reveals the minimum versions...