Windows 10: Upgrade pre-installed Home to Pro without a key

Discus and support Upgrade pre-installed Home to Pro without a key in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hello - I have a pre-installed Home version which I am looking to upgrade to a Pro version. I already have a key bought from elsewhere but the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by xbyzantium, Nov 5, 2019.

1. Upgrade pre-installed Home to Pro without a key

Hello -

I have a pre-installed Home version which I am looking to upgrade to a Pro version. I already have a key bought from elsewhere but the system does not take the key when I enter it as it is the key for a pro version. I would thus like to be able to install the Pro version without a key (and then activate using the key I have already bought) but there seems to be no way to do it without doing a full fresh install. Currently, the activation process just takes me to the store and back again to the key window without allowing me to install without a key.

Thank you.

:)

xbyzantium, Nov 5, 2019

2. Can't upgrade from Windows 10 Home to Pro

Hi Bill,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. We apologize for the inconvenience caused and will assist you in the best possible ways.

I suggest you to download and create an installation media for Windows 10 Pro form the link provided below:

Download Windows 10

After the installation media is created, suggest you to upgrade to Windows 10 Pro from the installation media. When the upgrade asks for product key, enter the product key purchased for Windows 10 Pro. If it does not accept, suggest you to skip the activation
    step. After the Operating System is installed, suggest you to activate by phone by following the steps below:

• Press “Windows key + R” and type “slui 4” and press Enter.
    • Select the Region from the list and click Next.
    • Call the Toll-Free number provided on top and can activate via phone.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Nov 5, 2019
  3. Cant get Win 10 to upgrade to Pro after HD failure

Hi Christopher,

You can upgrade your Windows 10 Home to Windows 10 Pro by using Windows 10 Pro digital license or product key. For us to isolate the issue, we would like to ask the following questions:

• Did your device came with Windows 8 pre-installed?
    • What is the make and model of your Windows device?

In the meantime, we suggest that you follow the steps given on this article to

upgrade your Windows 10 Home to Windows 10 Pro

In case that you'll experience an activation issue, we recommend that you follow the steps on this article:

Using the Activation troubleshooter
    . Choose the method that fits to your situation.

We will look forward for your response.

Janeane Cru, Nov 5, 2019
  4. NickSteel Win User

Upgrade pre-installed Home to Pro without a key

Query on Clean installation of Windows 10 Pro on Windows 7 Pro PC.

Original Title: Windows 7 Pro (from MS upgrade key) to Windows 10 Pro - Clean Install

My Gateway NV7923U X64 came with Windows 7 Home installed.

I purchased an upgrade key from MS and upgraded to Windows 7 Pro.

I need to upgrade to Windows 10 Pro and then do a clean install.

• Will my existing upgraded Windows 7 Pro now upgrade to Windows 10 Pro automatically, or do I need to perform additional steps?
    • Will I be able to do a clean install and have Windows 10 Pro after upgrading?

NickSteel, Nov 5, 2019
Thema:

Upgrade pre-installed Home to Pro without a key

1. Upgrade pre-installed Home to Pro without a key - Similar Threads - Upgrade pre installed

2. Windows 11 Home upgrade to Pro without Home installation

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 Home upgrade to Pro without Home installation: I'm running Windows 11 on Parallels for Mac. I wanted to install Windows 11 Home, but after I tried to add the product key, I discovered the Parallels already installed Windows 11 Pro. I would like to upgrade my Home product for Pro, I have a Home registration key, but don't...
  3. Windows 11 Home upgrade to Pro without Home installation

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Home upgrade to Pro without Home installation: I'm running Windows 11 on Parallels for Mac. I wanted to install Windows 11 Home, but after I tried to add the product key, I discovered the Parallels already installed Windows 11 Pro. I would like to upgrade my Home product for Pro, I have a Home registration key, but don't...
  4. How to upgrade a pre-installed Windows Home on a laptop to a Windows Pro without linking it...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to upgrade a pre-installed Windows Home on a laptop to a Windows Pro without linking it...: Hi,I have a laptop which has a Windows 11 Home installed. I am able to buy an upgrade from Home to Pro but it doesn't let me use a company business account to login with and make a purchase. Is there any other way with which I can link the purchase to the company and still...
  5. How to upgrade a pre-installed Windows Home on a laptop to a Windows Pro without linking it...

How to upgrade a pre-installed Windows Home on a laptop to a Windows Pro without linking it...: Hi,I have a laptop which has a Windows 11 Home installed. I am able to buy an upgrade from Home to Pro but it doesn't let me use a company business account to login with and make a purchase. Is there any other way with which I can link the purchase to the company and still...
  6. Upgrade Win 10 Home pre Installed to Win 10 Pro

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Upgrade Win 10 Home pre Installed to Win 10 Pro: I have just bought laptop MSI WS66 11UKT which came with pre installed Microsoft Windows 10 Home Single Language 64-bit Ver.2009.I want to upgrade the OS to Windows 10 Pro. But before that I want to make a clean install for it. I have Windows 10 Pro with DVD inside the...
  7. Upgrade Win 10 Home pre Installed to Win 10 Pro

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Upgrade Win 10 Home pre Installed to Win 10 Pro: I have just bought laptop MSI WS66 11UKT which came with pre installed Microsoft Windows 10 Home Single Language 64-bit Ver.2009.I want to upgrade the OS to Windows 10 Pro. But before that I want to make a clean install for it. I have Windows 10 Pro with DVD inside the...
  8. Upgrade Win 10 Home pre Installed to Win 10 Pro

9. Upgrade pre-installed Windows 10 HOME to PRO using an old Windows 7 Ultimate key

Upgrade pre-installed Windows 10 HOME to PRO using an old Windows 7 Ultimate key: Hello! I'n currently running a pre-installed Home version, already updated to 20H2 version, which I am looking to upgrade to a PRO version. I still own my Windows 7 Ultimate key from an old broken and out-of-service machine. I've read on several PC magazines that i can...
  10. upgrade win 10 home to pro without installing

upgrade win 10 home to pro without installing: I have windows 10 home single language 64 bit on my notebook...and I want to upgrade to windows 10 pro 64 bit after Insert the product key windows 10 pro...[ATTACH] please help me...