Windows 10: Upgrade problem w/ Windows 10, want to save all data

Discus and support Upgrade problem w/ Windows 10, want to save all data in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello, I have purchased a retail Windows 10 USB to install it over a Windows 7 Dell. Whwn I get to the point of choosing to save my data or a clean... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Carthago2, Mar 25, 2021.

1. Carthago2 Win User

Upgrade problem w/ Windows 10, want to save all data

Hello, I have purchased a retail Windows 10 USB to install it over a Windows 7 Dell. Whwn I get to the point of choosing to save my data or a clean install, it rules out saving my data. There must be someway around this. It is a very basic need for users.

:)

Carthago2, Mar 25, 2021
  2. Nordic Win User

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Mar 25, 2021
  3. Mussels Win User
    Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

i've seen this when the stock USB drivers went kaput. Only ever seen it once - i used a PCI USB 2.0 card and connected the mouse and keyboard to that, and manually updated the USB 2/USB 3 drivers.

Mussels, Mar 25, 2021
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Mar 25, 2021
Thema:

1. Upgrade problem w/ Windows 10, want to save all data - Similar Threads - Upgrade problem save

2. Want save my old pc hdd data

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Want save my old pc hdd data: I have intel core duo cpu . I want upgrade to i5 11thgen . My old pc hardware won't turn on .but i need my photos and videos in my new pc. But my hdd has windows in it, can i put it in new pc and install new window in my hdd and have my data back...
  3. Want save my old pc hdd data

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Want save my old pc hdd data: I have intel core duo cpu . I want upgrade to i5 11thgen . My old pc hardware won't turn on .but i need my photos and videos in my new pc. But my hdd has windows in it, can i put it in new pc and install new window in my hdd and have my data back...
  4. I want to save all new content on DATA D: Drive.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I want to save all new content on DATA D: Drive.: I wanted to save all new content i.e new downloads, screenshots, new pictures to DATA D: Drive . Pls help me everything is saving in on OS C: Drive but i wanted to save all new content on DATA D: Drive....
  5. Upgrade w 7 to W 10

Upgrade w 7 to W 10: Hello, Cannot upgrade w 7 to w 10 getrs locked to infinite 0 does not move even after severasl hours akso try differently by placing the ESO on the desktop and uploading after, still the same result How can this work normally ? Please hlep Thank you...
  6. All I want to do since upgrade is print, all printer will do is save the file.

All I want to do since upgrade is print, all printer will do is save the file.: All I want to do since upgrade is print, all printer will do is save the file. Very unhappy. * Original title: why can't you people leave things alone?...
  7. all sorts of problems w/ Explorer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    all sorts of problems w/ Explorer: Hello to the Microsoft Community. I do not know if my computer has been infected by a virus or something, but I've been having problems w/ my Explorer. A few months ago I am having major problems with my Explorer such as not being able to open up images and not being able...
  8. Save RAW drive - Don't want data

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Save RAW drive - Don't want data: One of my WD Green 2tb drives has become raw and can't be used. Windows will not complete a format of it. Shows up in my computer. Is there any way of saving this drive? 32601
  9. Wiped all partitions want to restore W 10

Wiped all partitions want to restore W 10: When I first got this PC I like many others Windows 10 started updating. Long story short things got more fouled up the more I tried to fix them. HP was nice enough to send me a recovery USB which my PC would boot to but not open or load from. Prior to all of this I had made...
  10. Upgrade to W 10 from W 8 NOT W 8.1

Upgrade to W 10 from W 8 NOT W 8.1: I have a silly problem. I run W 8 on my desktop computer but have never been able to upgrade to W 8.1 as I have never been able to open Windows Store, despite multiple solutions none of which have worked. The only solution of reinstalling W 8 has not appealed! I am happy with...