Windows 10: Upgrade problem with Windows 7 Home x 32 edition to Windows 10 Home

Discus and support Upgrade problem with Windows 7 Home x 32 edition to Windows 10 Home in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi, I tried to upgrade a friends pc from Windows 7 Home x32 edition to Windows 10 x 32 Home edition Unfortunately I did not obtain what windows 7 Home... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by bondy99, Jun 9, 2020.

1. bondy99 Win User

Upgrade problem with Windows 7 Home x 32 edition to Windows 10 Home

Hi,
    I tried to upgrade a friends pc from Windows 7 Home x32 edition to Windows 10 x 32 Home edition

Unfortunately I did not obtain what windows 7 Home x32 build he has. There is no further information in System that states what version of Windows 7 Home he has.

I have tried on 5 occasions without success. Each time it gets to about 15%. A Red Cross comes up with a message saying unable to install with something saying Windows System invalid path.

Turn pc off and restart, reverts back to Windows 7 with the other message below
    Code 0xC1900101 0x30018

The installation failed in theFIRST_BOOT Phase with the error SYSREP_SPECIALIZE (something)?

I have no idea what is causing this problem or how to fix it.

I also ran Windows Repair Registry All In One. Almost 4 to 5 hours of time involved.

Anyone know what could be thecause and how to fix?

Thanks

:)

bondy99, Jun 9, 2020
  2. Nordic Win User

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Jun 9, 2020
  3. Mussels Win User
    Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

i've seen this when the stock USB drivers went kaput. Only ever seen it once - i used a PCI USB 2.0 card and connected the mouse and keyboard to that, and manually updated the USB 2/USB 3 drivers.

Mussels, Jun 9, 2020
  4. Upgrade problem with Windows 7 Home x 32 edition to Windows 10 Home

Windows 7 vs 10

Its been said already, however I will just say again go ahead and install the Windows 7 Ultimate and then just update it to Windows 10 Pro via the upgrade option. You will then end up with the best scenario and the least limitations (Though 10 Home would still be enough).

GhostRyder, Jun 9, 2020
Thema:

Upgrade problem with Windows 7 Home x 32 edition to Windows 10 Home

1. Upgrade problem with Windows 7 Home x 32 edition to Windows 10 Home - Similar Threads - Upgrade problem Home

2. Upgrade windows 10 home edition to windows pro

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Upgrade windows 10 home edition to windows pro: Hi, My employer have assigned me a product key of windows 10 Pro edition to upgrade my laptop from windows 10 home edition to windows 10 pro. However I am getting below error while trying to do so. Error Message: The Product key you entered didn't work. Check the product...
  3. Unable to upgrade from Windows 7 home to Windows 10 home

Unable to upgrade from Windows 7 home to Windows 10 home: I have Windows 7 Home on my Dell Latitude 5400. Downloading from Microsoft's web page, I tried the free upgrade process to Windows 10. After many hours, this message appeared: System registry contains invalid file paths Drive letter assignments do not match across...
  4. Windows 7 Home upgrade to Windows 10 Home "Failed"

Windows 7 Home upgrade to Windows 10 Home "Failed": So I finally bought Windows 10 after missing the free upgrade window and of course the installation won't work. I have a valid Product Key for W10, downloaded the media creation tool and have tried several times to upgrade, and each time it goes through the whole installation...
  5. Windows 7 home premium upgrade to Windows 10 home failure

Windows 7 home premium upgrade to Windows 10 home failure: Have bought and paid for the windows 10 home upgrade. I have made several attempts to upgrade and at the end I get a message saying "We couldn't update the system reserved partition". Is there an easy fix for this problem?...
  6. Windows 10 32-bit Home edition media

Windows 10 32-bit Home edition media: I found another topic on this, but it was locked. I need to reinstall Windows, and I downloaded and ran the Windows Media Creation Tool but it never asked me which edition. I've been told that Home and Pro install from the same media (which is possible I guess, but I'm...
  7. windows 10 home edition upgrade

windows 10 home edition upgrade: hi I want to upgrade the version of windows that installed on my dell xps 9570 from 1803 to 1809 . how can I do it? let me tell you that I activated my windows first by digital license....
  8. Upgraded from Windows 7 Home to Windows 10 Home

Upgraded from Windows 7 Home to Windows 10 Home: Today I upgraded my computer from Windows 7 Home to Window 10 Home and after the install am getting a spreview.exe error.. followed by spwixul.dll, sperror.dll, spwizui.dll, sprerror.dll Boxes that pop up. I have done the Disk Cleanup as suggested, and checking for...
  9. Problem with Edition upgrade of Windows 10 Home to Education

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Problem with Edition upgrade of Windows 10 Home to Education: Hello I am working as a volunteer at our local school. We just recieved 10 Lenovo E31-70, who are all running Windows 10 Home Edition, version 1511. Through Microsoft License Center, we can license 50 machines with a MAK key. So i started up the first one, got to do the...
  10. Windows 10 Home Upgrade Problems

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 Home Upgrade Problems: Lately, Windows 10 has been annoying me to no end. Google Chrome takes forever to run processes, tasks are stuck loading, etc. I recently got a new laptop which came pre-installed with Windows 10. However, as I go under Settings and then About, there's only a line that...