Windows 10: upgrade questions, windows 7 pro to windows 10

Discus and support upgrade questions, windows 7 pro to windows 10 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi all, hope your having a great day.. I have a few desktop's I would like to upgrade, I have 3 that have windows 7 that I installed not long ago.. and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by boatmoter, Sep 13, 2019.

1. boatmoter Win User

upgrade questions, windows 7 pro to windows 10

Hi all, hope your having a great day.. I have a few desktop's I would like to upgrade, I have 3 that have windows 7 that I installed not long ago.. and I have 1 desktop with vista that came with it from the factory, it has the product key on the case, the other 3 I did a fresh install of win 7 pro,all separate installation disc with keys, I have 2 later desktops that have win 10 in them with separate keys and disc,heres the question.. can I upgrade the pc's with the win 7 using the win 10 disc from my other pc's and use the key from the win 7's to activate them??,would like to get win 10 in all of them.. Thanks guy's..

> (1) hp compaq dc7700 ultra slim desktop, windows 7pro W/key , 4 gb ram, dual core 250 GB HHD,
    (intel)
    > (2) hp 7700 Dual core's CMT's desktop's, windows 7 pro W/key's, 4 GB ram, 500GB HHD'S ( intel )
    > (1) ACER w/ AMD Dual core, 3500, 160GB HHD windows Vista (factory), but HHD is formatted, has
    original Vista Key on case, I bought this new in 2005*Confused
    > (1) Dell 790 optiplex-i3 windows 10, W/disc & key 4 GB ram, 250 GB SSD
    > (1) Dell 790 optiplex-i5 4 GB ram, Quad processor 250 GB SSD windows 10, W/ disc & key, the Dells are mine & my wife's primary's, the others are one's I bought & used long time ago and would like to get them updated with windows 10 and all latest drivers and windows updates, I know time is short for windows 7 support to run out,I was wondering why the windows 7 pro installation disc W/Key's were so cheap on Ebay, found out later bout the support for 7 to be running out,shame,these pc's work great and cruise the net pretty quick for oldie's and are pretty stable on the net*Confused

:)

boatmoter, Sep 13, 2019
  2. Nordic Win User

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Sep 13, 2019
  3. Mussels Win User
    Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

i've seen this when the stock USB drivers went kaput. Only ever seen it once - i used a PCI USB 2.0 card and connected the mouse and keyboard to that, and manually updated the USB 2/USB 3 drivers.

Mussels, Sep 13, 2019
  4. puma99dk| Win User

Dual Boot Windows question.

Talking basic Windows for Windows, not upgrading to Windows 10.

Upgrade path:
    Windows 7/8/8.1 Home upgrades to Windows 10 Home
    Windows 7/8/8.1 Pro upgrades to Windows 10 Pro
    Windows 7 Ultimate upgrades to Windows 10 Pro since there is no Ultimate version of Windows 10.

But basic Windows Home license can't activate Windows Pro versions same for Office packs.

puma99dk|, Sep 13, 2019
Thema:

1. upgrade questions, windows 7 pro to windows 10 - Similar Threads - upgrade questions pro

2. windows 7 pro upgrade to 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows 7 pro upgrade to 10: im trying to upgrade my pc from windows 7 pro to windows 10 and i have tried the online windows download and it will not allow me to choose the OS version i want and it will not allow me to save to a flashdrive...
  3. Win 7 Pro to Win 10 upgrade questions

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Win 7 Pro to Win 10 upgrade questions: I bought a laptop 5 years ago that came with a Win 10 Pro license which at that time I wasn't ready to upgrade to, so I had the manufacturer downgrade the OS install to Win 7 Pro. I now want to upgrade this older, but still capable laptop to have as a second computer - I...
  4. Windows 7 Pro upgrade to Windows 10 Pro

Windows 7 Pro upgrade to Windows 10 Pro: I recently used the msi tool to update a windows 7 pro machine to windows 10 pro. It appears to have a activated the install just fine and is working? Is this install legal?...
  5. Windows 7 Pro to Windows 10 Pro Upgrade

Windows 7 Pro to Windows 10 Pro Upgrade: I want to upgrade a Windows 7 PC which by the requirements is upgradable to Windows 10 Pro. I went to the Microsoft Store and the only option is to Download WIndows 10 Pro. My Windows 7 PC really requires a clean install. Does Windows 10 Pro give me the option to format...
  6. Upgrade Windows 7 Pro to Windows 10 Pro

Upgrade Windows 7 Pro to Windows 10 Pro: I have a computer that I am attempting to upgrade to Windows 10. It is currently Windows 7 Pro 64 bit. I have attempted to use the Media Creation Tool to do this as I have done probably a 100 times at time point and I am not able to upgrade without erasing all the settings...
  7. Windows 7 to Windows 10 Upgrade Question

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 7 to Windows 10 Upgrade Question: We have a project to upgrade approximately 20 devices from Windows 7 to Windows 10. We need to know whether Microsoft 365 Business, licensed through CSP can accommodate multiple Windows 7 devices to Windows 10. For example, one user has three computers, does M365B ($20 SKU)...
  8. Windows 7 Pro upgrade to Windows 10 Pro

Windows 7 Pro upgrade to Windows 10 Pro: Have tried several suggestions on upgrade of windows 7 Pro. Still get same error message: This PC cannot be upgraded to to Windows 10. PC is not yet supported for this version of windows 10...........
  9. Upgrade of Windows 7 Pro to Windows 10 Pro

Upgrade of Windows 7 Pro to Windows 10 Pro: Get thew following error: This PC cannot be upgraded to Windows 10. Your PC is not supported yet on this version of Windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/upgrade-of-windows-7-pro-to-windows-10-pro/558d9872-9d50-4dfe-9592-3c549d64ff50
  10. Windows 7 Pro upgrade to Windows 10 Pro

Windows 7 Pro upgrade to Windows 10 Pro: We are experiencing a strange issue with domain joined workstations when upgrading them to Windows 10. When running setup.exe or setupprep.exe from the install DVD/ISO we get: "Setup couldn't start properly. Please reboot your PC and trying running Windows 10 Setup...