Windows 10: Upgrade Readiness Script

Discus and support Upgrade Readiness Script in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello, We are currently piloting the upgrade readiness script (Please see... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Ricky Lewis, Jul 31, 2019.

1. Upgrade Readiness Script

Hello,

We are currently piloting the upgrade readiness script (Please see https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/wi...eadiness-deployment-script#running-the-script).

In the above link it says,

"Do not run the script at each sign-on. It is recommended to run the script once every 30 days."

My question is why?

We assumed that once the script has been deployed and ran on a machine that it configured some kind of service or process in the background that will periodically report into the Analytics on azure (Certainly looks that way, as machines are showing recent LastScan dates that were deployed to weeks ago).

Kind regards,

Ricky Lewis

:)

Ricky Lewis, Jul 31, 2019
  2. Brink Win User

Setup guides for Windows Analytics Upgrade Readiness

Source: Setup guides for Windows Analytics Upgrade Readiness Windows for IT Pros

Brink, Jul 31, 2019
  3. mbmeadows Win User
    Constant script errors and slow loading pages in 10 internet explorer 11

I have done the steps listed above. They have not helped and I am still getting constant script errors, along with slow loading pages. Are there any other suggestions?

mbmeadows, Jul 31, 2019
  4. m.t.cash Win User

Upgrade Readiness Script

Windows 10 upgrade from script

I am currently running a powershell script that

1. creates a text file that retrieves and stores the Product Key

2. Checks RAM and HDD space

3. runs CMD to automate the windows 10 pro in-place upgrade using switches.

This works fine on most computers, however, some get stuck on Making Sure You're ready to Install.

If I run the upgrade with out the script on the same computer, it does not get stuck.

Any Suggestions?

m.t.cash, Jul 31, 2019
Thema:

Upgrade Readiness Script

1. Upgrade Readiness Script - Similar Threads - Upgrade Readiness Script

2. How to Hide upgrade to Windows 11 is ready.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to Hide upgrade to Windows 11 is ready.: Hi All,Is there anyone who knows how to hide the Windows 11 upgrade popup and also " This pc can run window 11" popup permanently?Regards,Mann-Meet...
  3. How to Hide upgrade to Windows 11 is ready.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to Hide upgrade to Windows 11 is ready.: Hi All,Is there anyone who knows how to hide the Windows 11 upgrade popup and also " This pc can run window 11" popup permanently?Regards,Mann-Meet...
  4. How to Hide upgrade to Windows 11 is ready.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Upgrade to Windows 11 is ready for your PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Upgrade to Windows 11 is ready for your PC: Hello,There is a notification on my task bar that says, "Upgrade to Windows 11 is ready for your PC" near my clock and the date. It has a blue circle on what is probably an upgrade symbol. I do not want it to automatically upgrade without my permission. This happened to me...
  6. Upgrade to Windows 11 is ready for your PC

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Upgrade to Windows 11 is ready for your PC: Hello,There is a notification on my task bar that says, "Upgrade to Windows 11 is ready for your PC" near my clock and the date. It has a blue circle on what is probably an upgrade symbol. I do not want it to automatically upgrade without my permission. This happened to me...
  7. Win10 Upgrade to Pro Stuck at Getting things ready...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Win10 Upgrade to Pro Stuck at Getting things ready...: I purchased my laptop with Windows 10 Home already installed. I recently purchased the upgrade to Pro through the Microsoft Store App. The install process has now been running for at least ten days straight (I removed all power settings to put the computer to sleep so that...
  8. Ready to upgrade but driver concerns

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Ready to upgrade but driver concerns: I've finally plucked up the courage to upgrade from W7 to W10 but I have concerns about driver compatibility. The 'Get Windows 10' app says things are OK but I'm not convinced. For instance, these are current drivers that are out of date and since this list was compiled I've...
  9. Setup guides for Windows Analytics Upgrade Readiness

in Windows 10 News
    Setup guides for Windows Analytics Upgrade Readiness: Upgrade Readiness enables you to collect system, application, and driver data—and identify compatibility issues that can block an upgrade. Built in direct response to feedback from customers, the service walks you through the discovery and rationalization process. It produces...
  10. Announcing general availability of Upgrade Readiness

in Windows 10 News
    Announcing general availability of Upgrade Readiness: We are pleased to announce the general availability of Upgrade Readiness, one of the solutions in the suite of solutions called Windows Analytics. Upgrade Readiness helps you plan and manage the Windows upgrade process from beginning to end and enables you adopt new Windows...