Windows 10: Upgrade & reinstall of Windows 10 not working

Discus and support Upgrade & reinstall of Windows 10 not working in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello everyone, today I wanted to reinstall Windows using the MCT for 20h2. It all works fine 'till where I would normally select what to keep. Look... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by TizuTitandula, Jan 22, 2021.

1. Upgrade & reinstall of Windows 10 not working

Hello everyone,

today I wanted to reinstall Windows using the MCT for 20h2. It all works fine 'till where I would normally select what to keep. Look at this.

Upgrade & reinstall of Windows 10 not working fb96ffb1-54e4-40ee-9870-3609fd9604a7?upload=true.png

Also I am currently stuck on 2004, and when I try to upgrade it shows this.

Upgrade & reinstall of Windows 10 not working 51caf6af-073a-4c9d-9b67-da03196b12df?upload=true.png

PS: I actually only wanted to reinstall because updates dont work for some reason.

Regards,

Tizu

:)

TizuTitandula, Jan 22, 2021

2. How to reinstall Windows 10 if my computers used the free upgrade from 7 and 8?

Will windows 10 still accept the license keys from 7 and 8 now if I reinstall my computer?

Does Microsoft keep a list of users who upgraded to Win 10 using their 7 and 8 keys so that when users need to reinstall windows 10 the old keys would work?

Do I need to call in Microsoft to ask them to activate my Windows 10 when I give them my win 7 keys?

Both computers are laptops. The windows 7 machine had the serial printed on the back, and I needed to enter that when I upgraded to 10. The windows 8 machine had the serial built in inside its boot system so I didn't need to enter the key when I upgraded to 10, but I did manage to write down the keys using a fetcher program.

JebusPrime, Jan 22, 2021
  3. Nordic Win User
    Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Jan 22, 2021
  4. pigulici Win User

Upgrade & reinstall of Windows 10 not working

How to reinstall Windows 10 if my computers used the free upgrade from 7 and 8?

Yes, still work, no need to call, just be sure to have internet access when you start to install 10, I work at pc shop and did this few days ago, used a key of 7 to put clean 10(wasn't used for upgrade).

pigulici, Jan 22, 2021
Thema:

Upgrade & reinstall of Windows 10 not working

1. Upgrade & reinstall of Windows 10 not working - Similar Threads - Upgrade reinstall working

2. Windows 8 to Windows 10 upgrade - How to reinstall

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 8 to Windows 10 upgrade - How to reinstall: Hi I had windows 8 preinstalled in my Lenovo laptop. Based on the upgrade recommendation, i upgraded to windows 10. My laptop is very slow (16Gig RAM & i7). I want to format and reinstall fresh windows 10. When i tried to enter the windows 8 Key in the back of my...
  3. reinstall windows 8.1 then upgrade to windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    reinstall windows 8.1 then upgrade to windows 10: I originally purchased windows 8.1 few years ago and then subsequently got free upgraded to windows 10. Recently, the computer went hay wire and cannot be booted up. I am planning to build a brand new computer. Should I use my original windows 8.1 to install to the new...
  4. Reinstalling Windows 10 (Upgraded Version)

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Reinstalling Windows 10 (Upgraded Version): I have a PC whose windows installation is now causing a number of issues. I want to do a clean software build. As I upgraded to Windows 10 from 8.1 (which in turn was from 8), can I just install 8 and Windows Upgrade will do the rest? Thanks Phil...
  5. clean reinstall of windows 10 free upgrade

clean reinstall of windows 10 free upgrade: I had Windows 7 and had a problem with my pc randomly freezing then i upgraded to the free windows 10 and i still have the radom freezing can i do a clean reinstall of windows 10 by delete the partitions of my hard drive, formatting it then do a clean install of win 10, if so...
  6. Reinstall Windows 10 after upgrade

Reinstall Windows 10 after upgrade: I used to have Win 7 and it was upgraded to Wİndows 10 for free previously. Now I'm going to upgrade some of my hardware, install a new pair of RAM and add an SDD. Therefore I need to reinstall windows 10 for the upgraded PC but I do not have a KEY for Windows 10 as it was...
  7. Reinstalling an upgrade version of 10

Reinstalling an upgrade version of 10: So I kind of want to install Windows 10 pretty soon. The question is whether or not I will be able to continually reinstall windows 10 afterwards. I'm upgrading from Windows 7 via the free update so I won't have a bootable disc so I'm wondering how I would reinstall Windows...
  8. Reinstalling Windows 10 from a Prior Upgrade

Reinstalling Windows 10 from a Prior Upgrade: I upgraded my Windows 8.1 desktop to Windows 10 in August using the ISO Media file. Due to a computer crash I had to reinstall Windows 8 from the original Windows 8 disk. I ran the update to install all Windows 8 updates so that the computer would be ready for Windows 10. I...
  9. windows 10 reinstallation issues (free upgrade)

windows 10 reinstallation issues (free upgrade): To start, this has been a long and ugly journey for me. I'm at a point where I'm about to give up. My computer is a three-year old Toshiba laptop with a 64bit processcor and a 32 bit OS, 6GB. It came pre-installed with Windows 8.1, and after much badgering from MS, I...
  10. Reinstall Windows 8 after 10 upgrade

Reinstall Windows 8 after 10 upgrade: I am trying to remember.. After a machine has been upgraded to Windows 10 from Windows 8, let us say a year later, will the license key allow you to download, create a Windows 8 iso and reinstall that. Someone has a Surface Pro 2 (I think thats what it is) that was...