Windows 10: Upgrade security

Discus and support Upgrade security in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I want to upgrade Security from WPA-Personal to WPA2... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by SteveJonesNC, Oct 28, 2020.

1. Upgrade security

I want to upgrade Security from WPA-Personal to WPA2

:)

SteveJonesNC, Oct 28, 2020
  2. qubit Win User

Corporate Security Solution

That made me so facepalm. Some people have absolutely no clue. I hope they don't take you for granted with all this you're doing for them.

SonicWall is a good security product, so Mindweaver's suggestion sounds like a good one and should make for a rather bigger baby step. Let's hope they take it.

qubit, Oct 28, 2020
  3. curatia Win User
    Microsoft Edge TLS Security

After trying everything (not a lot of steps) listed in the Microsoft Edge support site, I did a wider search and found this very simple youtube video that fixed it immediately:

For those who prefer not to click links the steps are simple:

1. Click in the Cortana search bar next to the Win 10 Start button

2. Type internet options

3. Select internet options (control panel) from the list

4. Click on the advanced tab

5. Scroll down to the security section

6. Make sure the following are all clicked:
    Use SSL 3.0
    Use TLS 1.0
    Use TLS 1.1
    Use TLS 1.2

7. Click apply

8. Refresh the page that was giving the error and it should now connect.

Hope this helps, it was a 30 second fix after hours of pounding my head against the error with the Support site suggestions.

curatia, Oct 28, 2020
  4. swarfega Win User

Upgrade security

preparing to upgrade

You can try following this guide. I suggest either step 4 or step 7.

swarfega, Oct 28, 2020
Thema:

Upgrade security

1. Upgrade security - Similar Threads - Upgrade security

2. Update & Security not providing Windows 11 upgrade

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Update & Security not providing Windows 11 upgrade: Hi, I'm trying to get my desktop upgraded from Windows 10 to 11, and I just went through the process of getting the BIOS switched to UEFI, changing my main drive from MBR to GPT to do so, and enabled Secure Boot. However, when I go to Update & Security it still states that my...
  3. Update & Security not providing Windows 11 upgrade

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Update & Security not providing Windows 11 upgrade: Hi, I'm trying to get my desktop upgraded from Windows 10 to 11, and I just went through the process of getting the BIOS switched to UEFI, changing my main drive from MBR to GPT to do so, and enabled Secure Boot. However, when I go to Update & Security it still states that my...
  4. Update & Security not providing Windows 11 upgrade

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. How to get windows 10 to recognize secure boot is enabled to upgrade to win 11 again

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to get windows 10 to recognize secure boot is enabled to upgrade to win 11 again: Hello, I was using Windows 11 on my PC but wanted to try out Linux for a time. Decided it wasn't for me and went to go back to Windows, reenabled secure boot and tpm but because secure boot isn't being recognized as enabled I cannot go back to windows 11 I had to flash...
  6. How to get windows 10 to recognize secure boot is enabled to upgrade to win 11 again

How to get windows 10 to recognize secure boot is enabled to upgrade to win 11 again: Hello, I was using Windows 11 on my PC but wanted to try out Linux for a time. Decided it wasn't for me and went to go back to Windows, reenabled secure boot and tpm but because secure boot isn't being recognized as enabled I cannot go back to windows 11 I had to flash...
  7. How to get windows 10 to recognize secure boot is enabled to upgrade to win 11 again

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  8. Windows Security App missing on my Upgraded Windows 11 PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Security App missing on my Upgraded Windows 11 PC: I just discovered that my Windows Security App is no longer listed under my installed apps and I am assuming that is why I am unable to open Windows Security. I have no idea when or how it was uninstalled, but I need help with the proper procedure for reinstalling the app. I...
  9. Windows Security App missing on my Upgraded Windows 11 PC

Windows Security App missing on my Upgraded Windows 11 PC: I just discovered that my Windows Security App is no longer listed under my installed apps and I am assuming that is why I am unable to open Windows Security. I have no idea when or how it was uninstalled, but I need help with the proper procedure for reinstalling the app. I...
  10. Recently upgraded to windows 11 and am unable to control any of the security features

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Recently upgraded to windows 11 and am unable to control any of the security features: I am trying to disable the real-time protection and firewall briefly to get some apps installed one of which is a Microsoft app returning the 0x80073CF9 error even after adding a firewall exception and when I select the toggle it shows the animation of it turning off but...