Windows 10: Upgrade test link

Discus and support Upgrade test link in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have a custom made computer...not a dell or hp. I run Windows 7 Home Premium w SP1 64 bit. I was considering upgrading to Windows 10. My basic... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Norm Mandy, Jan 16, 2020.

1. Upgrade test link

I have a custom made computer...not a dell or hp. I run Windows 7 Home Premium w SP1 64 bit. I was considering upgrading to Windows 10. My basic system information had a rating Windows Experience Index of 5.9. I thought I would be good. A guy at the computer shop said "maybe not" and rattled something about Direct and graphics card....and more that I had no idea what he was talking about.

Days of old you could go to a Microsoft link, give it permission, and it would run a check of your system processors, cards, memory, power, etc, etc, etc and give you a compatibility summary or let you know what didn't meet requirements so you could upgrade that component.

I am retired and can't afford a new computer, new software, new office suite...... I just want to know if my computer can run 10 before I buy it. and thank MS for suggesting I buy a new preloaded computer ---- I don't have the money for that. Does this kind of analysis not exist anymore? Shoving a list of requirements in my face doesn't help at all....I don't know what 1/2 of them are.

:)

Norm Mandy, Jan 16, 2020
  2. Azhar Win User

RPi2 from Windows cross compilation Error "The test for linking against libxcb failed!"

Error in Cross Compilation, I am using Qt5.0, Windows10, Raspberry Pi 2.
    I was following this tutorial and the process failed at step 16 and tried with its suggestion but cannot find a solution.

Error prompted after step 16 is:

Running configuration tests...
    The test for linking against libxcb failed!
    Use of pkg-config is not enabled, maybe you want to pass -force-pkg-config?
    You might need to install dependency packages for libxcb.
    See src/plugins/platforms/xcb/README.

and when I printed log in file as tutorial suggested, there are some errors mentioned like:

• cc1plus.exe: error: unrecognized command line option '-fuse-ld=gold'
    • error "Symbolic function binding on this architecture may be broken, disabling it (see QTBUG-36129)."
    • etc.

I tried but still find no solution.

Azhar, Jan 16, 2020
  3. Sasqui Win User
    Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, Jan 16, 2020
  4. weybrew Win User

Upgrade test link

All Gmail links fail

Thanks to Caledon Ken...your suggestion had no effect.

Thanks to bro67...Interestingly enough the Gmail link to this forum reply actually worked, as did your link to "How to Fix....." I tried steps 1 and 2 without success. Step 3 gave me the following screen, which didn't look like the article described. At any rate, the probem is unchanged...screenshot follows.

Upgrade test link [​IMG]

Upgrade test link [​IMG]

weybrew, Jan 16, 2020
Thema:

Upgrade test link

1. Upgrade test link - Similar Threads - Upgrade test link

2. Not seeing upgrade link

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Not seeing upgrade link: I purchased the Windows 11 Pro upgrade directly from Microsoft. I used my personal e-mail account as I was not able to use my professional account. I have since been able to use my professional account. However, when I log onto the computer that needs to be upgraded I don't...
  3. Not seeing upgrade link

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Not seeing upgrade link: I purchased the Windows 11 Pro upgrade directly from Microsoft. I used my personal e-mail account as I was not able to use my professional account. I have since been able to use my professional account. However, when I log onto the computer that needs to be upgraded I don't...
  4. Copying EMAIL link to Web Browser for Testing ??

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Copying EMAIL link to Web Browser for Testing ??: I never click on an EMAIL link. I just copy them to the browser address block to see and them possibly execute to go to that link location. ----------------- QUESTION ----------------- 1) Is this OK or am I still opening myself up to get infected? 2) What is the best way to...
  5. Link to premium upgrade broken

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Link to premium upgrade broken: I have been unable to upgrade to premium microsoft casual games. The link freezes when I try to subscribe. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/link-to-premium-upgrade-broken/bde51dc5-569d-441a-b4ed-8457a786a4c0
  6. Upgrade order link not working

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Upgrade order link not working: Purchased Windows 10 pro, upgrading from Home. When clicking the order in my account after all paid for, the link is dead and takes me to a "URL cannot be found or not longer available." How is that possible when i just purchased the upgrade and it should be a download the...
  7. Test question - This is a test question

in Cortana
    Test question - This is a test question: Test question - This is a test question https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/test-question-this-is-a-test-question/7dd55f7d-1a54-4cb3-9785-e842482deec0"
  8. Test

in Windows 10 Customization
    Test: This is only a test post since we are having trouble with logging into this site to post. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/test/b3e5379f-79c5-4016-9261-8eb4a2053db3
  9. Test Run to Upgrade 8.1 to 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Test Run to Upgrade 8.1 to 10: With the RTM date fast approaching I want to try an actual upgrade installation as opposed to clean install on separate hard drive. I will make a system image of my 8.1 setup to an external drive, then I plan on cloning my 8.1 to a hard drive and perform the upgrade on the...
  10. Testing 10240 Upgrader: 10166 to 10240 Activated

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Testing 10240 Upgrader: 10166 to 10240 Activated: When backward and made a clean install of the 10166 release directly in the bootup sequence (Legacy: no BIOS setup). Took less then 15 minutes and got no error to report. Made the settings off-line: Internet disconnect. Set default apps with Windows Update switch set to off....