Windows 10: "Upgrade this pool" message after windows update

Discus and support "Upgrade this pool" message after windows update in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; brother's computer: Windows 10 Pro Version 2004 Os build 19041.329 Installed 6/17/20 Experience Pack 120.2202.130.0 After the update, storage spaces... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Rem, Jun 18, 2020.

1. REM
    Rem Win User

"Upgrade this pool" message after windows update

brother's computer:

Windows 10 Pro

Version 2004
    Os build 19041.329
    Installed 6/17/20
    Experience Pack 120.2202.130.0

After the update, storage spaces threw a message:
    "Upgrade this pool to enable new features, such as optimizing drive usage and safely oving extra drives."

"Upgrade this pool" message after windows update [​IMG]

We have been migrating him from older computer to this relatively new one. Had some issues trying to set up a mirror since we never did that using storage spaces before. Maybe had a bad drive thrown in, just to keep us on our toes.
    All was looking good, including iphone/Outlook/email sync and Carbonite too.

We do not want to lose this mirror! Very hesitant to allow this upgrade. Will we lose the data?

:)

2. REM
    Rem Win User

muchomurka, thanks again. your information is reassuring at least.
    So, to be clear. Are you saying that we can ignore the request in storage space interface to "upgrade this pool..."?

3. REM
    Rem Win User

brother's computer:

Windows 10 Pro

Version 2004
    O’s build 19041.329
    Installed 6/17/20
    Experience Pack 120.2202.130.0

After the update, storage spaces threw a message:
    "Upgrade this pool to enable new features, such as optimizing drive usage and safely oving extra drives."

We have been migrating him from older computer to this relatively new one. Had some issues trying to set up a mirror since we never did that using storage spaces before. Maybe had a bad drive thrown in, just to keep us on our toes.
    All was looking good, including iphone/Outlook/email sync and Carbonite too.

We do not want to lose this mirror! Very hesitant to allow this upgrade. Will we lose the data?

4. dalchina Win User

dalchina, Jun 19, 2020
Thema:

1. "Upgrade this pool" message after windows update - Similar Threads - Upgrade pool message

2. Disk in storage pool showing message as "ready to remove"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Disk in storage pool showing message as "ready to remove": Hi.I have a micro server from HP with a storage pool of 5 hard drives. While all other hard drives show as ok in the storage pool, there's one of the disks with a warning saying "ready to remove". I haven't done anything to trigger that action. When clicking "remove", Windows...
  3. "Upgrade this pool" message after windows update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    "Upgrade this pool" message after windows update: brother's computer: Windows 10 Pro Version 2004 Os build 19041.329 Installed 6/17/20 Experience Pack 120.2202.130.0 After the update, storage spaces threw a message: "Upgrade this pool to enable new features, such as optimizing drive usage and safely oving extra drives."...
  4. Error Message after Windows Updat

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Error Message after Windows Updat: I recently updated to the latest version of windows. I am now getting the following message when I boot up my laptop. There was a problem starting C:\Windows\System32\LogiLDA.dll The specified module could not be found. What is causing this and can it be fixed....
  5. Bad Pool Header after a windows 10 update ..

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Bad Pool Header after a windows 10 update ..: 090216-30281-01.dmp 2016-09-02 4:30:29 PM BAD_POOL_HEADER 0x00000019 00000000`00000020 ffff9c06`38bcfb30 ffff9c06`38bcfb50 00000000`04020021 tcpip.sys tcpip.sys+15f525 x64 ntoskrnl.exe+14a0d0 C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\090216-30281-01.dmp 2 15 14393 411,412 2016-09-02 4:32:31 PM...
  6. daily BSOd(bad pool header) reboot after windows10 upgrade

daily BSOd(bad pool header) reboot after windows10 upgrade: Since upgrading from win 7 home premium to win 10, my computer seems to reboot daily. I have seen a 'bad pool header' message if the BSOD/reboot happens when I am working on the computer. I have used the DM Log collector to gather the information for diagnosis and it is in...
  7. BSOD - After Win10 upgrade - Bad Pool Header (0x19)

BSOD - After Win10 upgrade - Bad Pool Header (0x19): Hi all, Upgraded a stable Win7 laptop to windows 10 and started getting Bad Pool Header BSODs. Some I cleared ( It used to happen immediately when connecting the network cable) After reading the forums and looking into dump files (excellent tutorials...) I am not much...
  8. Bad Pool Header Errors after Windows 10 Update

Bad Pool Header Errors after Windows 10 Update: I started getting some BSOD errors after updating to Windows 10 from 8.1. Windows 10 updated a couple months ago, and since that update I get bad pool header crashes multiple times a day. I used the DM log collector and attached the file. Any help with this is greatly...
  9. Upgrade to Win10 with a Drive Bender pool.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Upgrade to Win10 with a Drive Bender pool.: Hey everyone. One of my PC's is installed with Win7. It is used as a Desktop/Server with Drive Bender installed with a pool of 3- 2TB drives. I was wondering if anyone has attempted an upgrade with this kind of setup, and what I can expect? 25967
  10. Upgrade Storage Pool for Storage Spaces in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Upgrade Storage Pool for Storage Spaces in Windows 10: How to: Upgrade Storage Pool for Storage Spaces in Windows 10 How to Upgrade Storage Pool for Storage Spaces in Windows 10 [img] Information add more drives to the storage pool. If you created a storage pool in Windows 8.1 and either remove drives from pools...