Windows 10: Upgrade to 10 from 8.1 64-bit basic functions no longer functional

Discus and support Upgrade to 10 from 8.1 64-bit basic functions no longer functional in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Good Wednesday morning - The actual upgrade process went completely smooth, without a hitch. HOWEVER, after restarting the now upgraded Windows 10... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by BlauUmlaut, Jul 28, 2015.

1. Upgrade to 10 from 8.1 64-bit basic functions no longer functional

Good Wednesday morning -

The actual upgrade process went completely smooth, without a hitch. HOWEVER, after restarting the now upgraded Windows 10 environment does not allow for basic functions such as taskbar, web browsing, right-click desktop, click on Edge or Notifications and nothing happens, etc etc.... No problems shutting down or restarting. No hanging on splash screens. Has anyone else experienced this?

:)

BlauUmlaut, Jul 28, 2015
  2. ddarn Win User

mp 390 driver

I have a canon mp390..I upgraded from windows 7 to windows 10 64 bit. I can no longer use the scanner function because it says I need a driver.Is there any way to get a driver for the scanner.Canon is not upgrading to windows 10.

Thanks

ddarn, Jul 28, 2015
  3. Secondary HDD connot be accessed

I upgraded my version of Windows 10 32bit but I no longer can access my second HDD windows 10 64 bit on dual boot only the 32 bit version shows up now? Any advice on how to get my other boot drive functioning/

Michael_Conroy, Jul 28, 2015
  4. davidross Win User

Upgrade to 10 from 8.1 64-bit basic functions no longer functional

i'm having the same issue but with google chrome, it will just keep searching and searching
    and never opening, fire fox opens straight away.

davidross, Jul 28, 2015
  5. Edge ended up opening, but does not navigate. Both Chrome and Firefox do not execute. This is becoming frustrating.

BlauUmlaut, Jul 28, 2015
  6. Upgraded from 8.1 (by ISO) without any issues and all applications are functional.

cyberrufus, Jul 28, 2015
  7. Attempted to upgrade from 8.1 and now i'm stuck in a boot loop. Not happy.

Maltesespace, Jul 28, 2015
  8. Akane Win User

I don't have any problem with that *Smile

Akane, Jul 28, 2015
  9. davidross Win User
    just got google to work, don't even no what i did, oh yer i clicked trouble shooting then it was searching then ask me to try opening chrome so i did and its working, hope you get your fixed @BlauUmlaut
    happy days

davidross, Jul 28, 2015
  10. I sent out a email to my customer base, telling them to NOT accept Windows 10 when it's offered.

From experience here on my (several) Beta Test PC's, I already know that the upgrade will kill Windows Mail and several other things that I've set up for my customers who want to use a Local Email program and not Web mail.
    System Restore is shut OFF in order to delete all the OLD System Restore Points. That's OK, but then they don't turn it back on again. Arrrrgggghhhh!

Most users won't have a clue as to how to turn System Restore back on. The "Force a new restore point" script that I put in my customer's Startup folder, will then create an error message on the desktop screen on every boot-up.

I can just hear my phone ringing now, from the people who can't send or receive email and who are getting this error message on their desktop every time they boot up their PC. It won't be pretty.

Hopefully, my people will take my advise to NOT accept the Windows 10 upgrade.

Cheers Mates!
    *Cool

TechnoMage, Jul 28, 2015
  11. davidross Win User
    @TechnoMage you have a good point there coz i could not find system restore or factory reset.
    just glad i got google chrome to open and work.

davidross, Jul 28, 2015
  12. Now my upgraded 10 machine isn't responding over TeamViewer, which makes me fear something has happened. I suppose I will have to wait until I get back home. I'm almost afraid to do anything else with it. Any suggestions from the users here?

BlauUmlaut, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Upgrade to 10 from 8.1 64-bit basic functions no longer functional - Similar Threads - Upgrade bit basic

2. Your Smartphone basic functions

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Your Smartphone basic functions: Hey dear developers, hello fellow nerds in the microverse,since some time im more and more working on my smartphone, for example noting thoughts i have, doing some "pre-research" and am then looking for basic functions to transfer my work from Phone to Pc. Wanting to do that,...
  3. Your Smartphone basic functions

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Your Smartphone basic functions: Hey dear developers, hello fellow nerds in the microverse,since some time im more and more working on my smartphone, for example noting thoughts i have, doing some "pre-research" and am then looking for basic functions to transfer my work from Phone to Pc. Wanting to do that,...
  4. Basic Defender function

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Basic Defender function: I use Windows Defender as my virus and malware scanner and remover. Every now and I then I see a red shield with a white x over one corner of the larger Defender shield obviously indocating a threat has been detected. When I left-click on the Defender icon, it opens the...
  5. upgrading from 32-bit to 64-bit

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    upgrading from 32-bit to 64-bit: First of I want to say, my pc is compatible; g3220 32bit on x64 based processor 4gb ram intel hd graphics 500gb HDD I want to upgrade for the reason of app compatibility, and I had 32-bit because I had 2gb ram. Right now I have Windows 10 32-bit. The problem is I...
  6. Upgrading linx vision 8 to 64 bit

Upgrading linx vision 8 to 64 bit: Hi all so basically I just was to upgrade my linx vision 32 bit tablet to the 64 version I've downloaded the 64 bit but it still won't let me install it on the tablet. Does anyone know if it's even possible to to do? my son only brought it to play games from the xbox but its...
  7. upgrade from 32 bit to 64 bit

upgrade from 32 bit to 64 bit: So I wasn't paying attention to much about my computers processor, I assumed it was old and could only run 32 bit programs and os. I was wrong its it suppose to be running 64 bit. My question is that I already installed 32 bit windows 10 and I want to find the easiest way and...
  8. Windows 8, 10, functions.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 8, 10, functions.: Hi people, does Windows 10 use a standalone simulated built in BIOS, independent by the motherboard BIOS ? Thanks. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-8-10-functions/afdc379b-e65f-4eda-8417-e5f1de4fbb62
  9. Windows 10 64 bit windows defender no longer functions. Can it be reinstalled

Windows 10 64 bit windows defender no longer functions. Can it be reinstalled: Hello, After a recent virus I can't use my Windows defender. It no longer works, I tried to use start-up repair tools in Windows 10 (64 bit), and they will not complete and make no changes to the system. I tried to use system restore tool. That will not complete and makes no...
  10. Changing Basic Trackpad Functions

in Windows 10 Customization
    Changing Basic Trackpad Functions: I just got my Huawei Matebook X pro and am wondering if there is a way to make the whole touchpad left-click? Currently only the left side left clicks and the right does a right click. If possible I just want to left click with the whole touch pad and two finger tap for...