Upgrade to 10 from 8.1 64-bit basic functions no longer functional

Discus and support Upgrade to 10 from 8.1 64-bit basic functions no longer functional in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Good Wednesday morning - The actual upgrade process went completely smooth, without a hitch. HOWEVER, after restarting the now upgraded Windows 10... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by BlauUmlaut, Jul 28, 2015.

1. BlauUmlaut Win User

Good Wednesday morning -

The actual upgrade process went completely smooth, without a hitch. HOWEVER, after restarting the now upgraded Windows 10 environment does not allow for basic functions such as taskbar, web browsing, right-click desktop, click on Edge or Notifications and nothing happens, etc etc.... No problems shutting down or restarting. No hanging on splash screens. Has anyone else experienced this?

:)

BlauUmlaut, Jul 28, 2015
  2. ddarn Win User

mp 390 driver

I have a canon mp390..I upgraded from windows 7 to windows 10 64 bit. I can no longer use the scanner function because it says I need a driver.Is there any way to get a driver for the scanner.Canon is not upgrading to windows 10.

Thanks

ddarn, Jul 28, 2015
  3. Michael_Conroy Win User
    Secondary HDD connot be accessed

I upgraded my version of Windows 10 32bit but I no longer can access my second HDD windows 10 64 bit on dual boot only the 32 bit version shows up now? Any advice on how to get my other boot drive functioning/

Michael_Conroy, Jul 28, 2015
  4. davidross Win User

i'm having the same issue but with google chrome, it will just keep searching and searching
    and never opening, fire fox opens straight away.

davidross, Jul 28, 2015
  5. BlauUmlaut Win User
    Edge ended up opening, but does not navigate. Both Chrome and Firefox do not execute. This is becoming frustrating.

BlauUmlaut, Jul 28, 2015
  6. cyberrufus Win User
    Upgraded from 8.1 (by ISO) without any issues and all applications are functional.

cyberrufus, Jul 28, 2015
  7. Maltesespace Win User
    Attempted to upgrade from 8.1 and now i'm stuck in a boot loop. Not happy.

Maltesespace, Jul 28, 2015
  8. Akane Win User

I don't have any problem with that *Smile

Akane, Jul 28, 2015
  9. davidross Win User
    just got google to work, don't even no what i did, oh yer i clicked trouble shooting then it was searching then ask me to try opening chrome so i did and its working, hope you get your fixed @BlauUmlaut
    happy days

davidross, Jul 28, 2015
  10. TechnoMage Win User
    I sent out a email to my customer base, telling them to NOT accept Windows 10 when it's offered.

From experience here on my (several) Beta Test PC's, I already know that the upgrade will kill Windows Mail and several other things that I've set up for my customers who want to use a Local Email program and not Web mail.
    System Restore is shut OFF in order to delete all the OLD System Restore Points. That's OK, but then they don't turn it back on again. Arrrrgggghhhh!

Most users won't have a clue as to how to turn System Restore back on. The "Force a new restore point" script that I put in my customer's Startup folder, will then create an error message on the desktop screen on every boot-up.

I can just hear my phone ringing now, from the people who can't send or receive email and who are getting this error message on their desktop every time they boot up their PC. It won't be pretty.

Hopefully, my people will take my advise to NOT accept the Windows 10 upgrade.

Cheers Mates!
    *Cool

TechnoMage, Jul 28, 2015
  11. davidross Win User
    @TechnoMage you have a good point there coz i could not find system restore or factory reset.
    just glad i got google chrome to open and work.

davidross, Jul 28, 2015
  12. BlauUmlaut Win User
    Now my upgraded 10 machine isn't responding over TeamViewer, which makes me fear something has happened. I suppose I will have to wait until I get back home. I'm almost afraid to do anything else with it. Any suggestions from the users here?

BlauUmlaut, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Upgrade to 10 from 8.1 64-bit basic functions no longer functional - Similar Threads - Upgrade bit basic

2. Windows 10 Computer not accessing home network

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 Computer not accessing home network: One of the Windows 10 computers on my home network is not accessing other computers on the network even though I have checked no password required in advanced settings. Can anyone help me?...
  3. STEELSERIES Siberia 150 Wont work with the xbox app on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    STEELSERIES Siberia 150 Wont work with the xbox app on Windows 10: Hi everyone i just bought this USB headseat from steelseries and it works really well with anything and what i mean by that is i use it on Discord, Skype and in game chats but when it comes to the xbox app i get this: The sampling rate for your microphone is not supported...
  4. Windows 10 Photos

Windows 10 Photos: windows 10 photos stop working, Reset & Repair dose not respond on it … cant uninstall app and cant reinstalls it … how can I fix this ridicules problem on WINDOWS 10 !! I need to see my photos somehow dear Microsoft …. if its a application why you don't put the app...
  5. Windows 10 is glacial in performance

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 is glacial in performance: My laptop is really running slowly at the moment. I sorted it out when it happened the other day when it first happened by doing a windows 10 update trouble shoot, but this time it didn't make any difference when I did it again. All programs run slow and performance manager...
  6. Microsoft’s Movies and TV app for Windows 10 gets Timeline support on Insider Rings

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft’s Movies and TV app for Windows 10 gets Timeline support on Insider Rings: Movies and TV (also known as Films and TV in some regions) is getting a new update with major improvements. The latest update for Movies and TV app advances it to version Movies and TV app for Windows 10 is picking up an update on Fast Ring with a couple of new features. To...
  7. Windows 10 Edge

Windows 10 Edge: After an update, browser pages are opening in Internet explorer, not Edge. How can I correct? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-outlook_mail/windows-10-edge/59845d31-ccf8-4a95-b032-e63365187347
  8. WiFi dropping in Windows 10...

in Windows 10 Customization
    WiFi dropping in Windows 10...: My issue is with Windows 10 and my WiFi continually dropping...I'll be in the middle of working on a website (for a client or myself), and "you're not online" pops up...then, I have to stop & MANUALLY re-start the WiFi...AGAIN...several times!!! It's so fracking frustrating!!...
  9. Windows 10 built in apps not working after an update

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 built in apps not working after an update: Hi Don't know which update screwed this up but I now no longer have access to Win 10 built in apps such as calculator, photos, etc. I tried a app reset on calculator, but that didn't work and is now not showing at all. I have tried the following: Get-AppXPackage |...
  10. Windows 10 Pointer Keeps Freezing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 Pointer Keeps Freezing: Hello, I've been having a odd issue with two of my laptops with Windows 10 on them. On both of them the pointer will freeze for a split second and then jump to where it intended on being. This happens about every half a minute and I can't seem to fix the issue. Things...