Windows 10: Upgrade to 10 from 8.1 64-bit basic functions no longer functional

Discus and support Upgrade to 10 from 8.1 64-bit basic functions no longer functional in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Good Wednesday morning - The actual upgrade process went completely smooth, without a hitch. HOWEVER, after restarting the now upgraded Windows 10... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by BlauUmlaut, Jul 28, 2015.

1. Upgrade to 10 from 8.1 64-bit basic functions no longer functional

Good Wednesday morning -

The actual upgrade process went completely smooth, without a hitch. HOWEVER, after restarting the now upgraded Windows 10 environment does not allow for basic functions such as taskbar, web browsing, right-click desktop, click on Edge or Notifications and nothing happens, etc etc.... No problems shutting down or restarting. No hanging on splash screens. Has anyone else experienced this?

:)

BlauUmlaut, Jul 28, 2015
  2. ddarn Win User

mp 390 driver

I have a canon mp390..I upgraded from windows 7 to windows 10 64 bit. I can no longer use the scanner function because it says I need a driver.Is there any way to get a driver for the scanner.Canon is not upgrading to windows 10.

Thanks

ddarn, Jul 28, 2015
  3. Secondary HDD connot be accessed

I upgraded my version of Windows 10 32bit but I no longer can access my second HDD windows 10 64 bit on dual boot only the 32 bit version shows up now? Any advice on how to get my other boot drive functioning/

Michael_Conroy, Jul 28, 2015
  4. davidross Win User

Upgrade to 10 from 8.1 64-bit basic functions no longer functional

i'm having the same issue but with google chrome, it will just keep searching and searching
    and never opening, fire fox opens straight away.

davidross, Jul 28, 2015
  5. Edge ended up opening, but does not navigate. Both Chrome and Firefox do not execute. This is becoming frustrating.

BlauUmlaut, Jul 28, 2015
  6. Upgraded from 8.1 (by ISO) without any issues and all applications are functional.

cyberrufus, Jul 28, 2015
  7. Attempted to upgrade from 8.1 and now i'm stuck in a boot loop. Not happy.

Maltesespace, Jul 28, 2015
  8. Akane Win User

I don't have any problem with that *Smile

Akane, Jul 28, 2015
  9. davidross Win User
    just got google to work, don't even no what i did, oh yer i clicked trouble shooting then it was searching then ask me to try opening chrome so i did and its working, hope you get your fixed @BlauUmlaut
    happy days

davidross, Jul 28, 2015
  10. I sent out a email to my customer base, telling them to NOT accept Windows 10 when it's offered.

From experience here on my (several) Beta Test PC's, I already know that the upgrade will kill Windows Mail and several other things that I've set up for my customers who want to use a Local Email program and not Web mail.
    System Restore is shut OFF in order to delete all the OLD System Restore Points. That's OK, but then they don't turn it back on again. Arrrrgggghhhh!

Most users won't have a clue as to how to turn System Restore back on. The "Force a new restore point" script that I put in my customer's Startup folder, will then create an error message on the desktop screen on every boot-up.

I can just hear my phone ringing now, from the people who can't send or receive email and who are getting this error message on their desktop every time they boot up their PC. It won't be pretty.

Hopefully, my people will take my advise to NOT accept the Windows 10 upgrade.

Cheers Mates!
    *Cool

TechnoMage, Jul 28, 2015
  11. davidross Win User
    @TechnoMage you have a good point there coz i could not find system restore or factory reset.
    just glad i got google chrome to open and work.

davidross, Jul 28, 2015
  12. Now my upgraded 10 machine isn't responding over TeamViewer, which makes me fear something has happened. I suppose I will have to wait until I get back home. I'm almost afraid to do anything else with it. Any suggestions from the users here?

BlauUmlaut, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Upgrade to 10 from 8.1 64-bit basic functions no longer functional - Similar Threads - Upgrade bit basic

2. bluetooth no longer functioning

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    bluetooth no longer functioning: My bluetooth function no longer works, the click tab option to engage the bluetooth function is now completely missing. Under device manager the bluetooth device has moved to the 'hidden' tab, I've run multiple troubleshoots for this issue, run searches for any and all driver...
  3. Upgrade from 32 bit to 64 bit windows 10 home

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Upgrade from 32 bit to 64 bit windows 10 home: How can I upgrade rom 32 bit to 64 bit windows 10 home? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-windows_install/upgrade-from-32-bit-to-64-bit-windows-10-home/6e9b8449-3144-4209-96ad-19e25364fbf9
  4. Changing Basic Trackpad Functions

in Windows 10 Customization
    Changing Basic Trackpad Functions: I just got my Huawei Matebook X pro and am wondering if there is a way to make the whole touchpad left-click? Currently only the left side left clicks and the right does a right click. If possible I just want to left click with the whole touch pad and two finger tap for...
  5. Weatherbug will no longer function on my desktop

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Weatherbug will no longer function on my desktop: I've tried repairing the app, I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling it, with no result. Here's what it looks like -- just a white blank where all the info should appear....
  6. HDMI Audio no longer function post Windows 10 upgrade

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    HDMI Audio no longer function post Windows 10 upgrade: Hello, all Just this past day I upgraded my Dell XPS 15 from Windows 7 to Windows 10, and I noticed I'm now having the same issue as many recently-upgraded users, specifically that when connected to a TV via HDMI, audio does not switch over to my TV's speakers, however, it...
  7. Problems with basic windows functions such as taskbar

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Problems with basic windows functions such as taskbar: When I start up my computer, it seems to load up perfectly fine but when I go on teamspeak or other apps, problems begin. I have the turtlebeach px5 which requires a bluetooth adapter to work but when I go on teamspeak. My microphone does not seem to pick anything up. I...
  8. WIndows 10 apps no longer function

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    WIndows 10 apps no longer function: Hi, My Windows 10 apps no longer work on this account: - They do on other accounts on the same machine - The desktop apps launch without problem from the Windows 10 Start Menu Example: calculator, Wikipedia, NetworkSpeedTest. I already tried to reset the Windows 10...
  9. Upgrading from Windows 10 32 bit to 64 bit version

Upgrading from Windows 10 32 bit to 64 bit version: I am preparing to upgrade my system to 64 bit from 32 bit...As I have 12 GB of Ram... I have ensured the processor is compatible, my hardware is good, I have created the boot image from Microsoft to install a clean version of Win 10 x64. I've read numerous articles and am...
  10. 32-bit or 64-bit and 8 or 10 with current specifications

32-bit or 64-bit and 8 or 10 with current specifications: Hi, I am thinking about upgrading my laptop, from my windows 7 Professional 64-bit to either 8 or 10, can't decide which, and 32-bit or 64 bit. To sum it up, I have a 2.40Ghz Intel 2duo 2core processor, 4gb DDR3 ram, and directx11 Mobile Intel 4 express chipset gpu, here's...