Upgrade to 10 from 8.1 64-bit basic functions no longer functional

Discus and support Upgrade to 10 from 8.1 64-bit basic functions no longer functional in Windows 10 Support on Windows 10 Forums to solve the problem; Good Wednesday morning - The actual upgrade process went completely smooth, without a hitch. HOWEVER, after restarting the now upgraded Windows 10... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by BlauUmlaut, Jul 28, 2015.

1. BlauUmlaut Win User

Good Wednesday morning -

The actual upgrade process went completely smooth, without a hitch. HOWEVER, after restarting the now upgraded Windows 10 environment does not allow for basic functions such as taskbar, web browsing, right-click desktop, click on Edge or Notifications and nothing happens, etc etc.... No problems shutting down or restarting. No hanging on splash screens. Has anyone else experienced this?

:)

BlauUmlaut, Jul 28, 2015
  2. ddarn Win User

mp 390 driver

I have a canon mp390..I upgraded from windows 7 to windows 10 64 bit. I can no longer use the scanner function because it says I need a driver.Is there any way to get a driver for the scanner.Canon is not upgrading to windows 10.

Thanks

ddarn, Jul 28, 2015
  3. Michael_Conroy Win User
    Secondary HDD connot be accessed

I upgraded my version of Windows 10 32bit but I no longer can access my second HDD windows 10 64 bit on dual boot only the 32 bit version shows up now? Any advice on how to get my other boot drive functioning/

Michael_Conroy, Jul 28, 2015
  4. davidross Win User

i'm having the same issue but with google chrome, it will just keep searching and searching
    and never opening, fire fox opens straight away.

davidross, Jul 28, 2015
  5. BlauUmlaut Win User
    Edge ended up opening, but does not navigate. Both Chrome and Firefox do not execute. This is becoming frustrating.

BlauUmlaut, Jul 28, 2015
  6. cyberrufus Win User
    Upgraded from 8.1 (by ISO) without any issues and all applications are functional.

cyberrufus, Jul 28, 2015
  7. Maltesespace Win User
    Attempted to upgrade from 8.1 and now i'm stuck in a boot loop. Not happy.

Maltesespace, Jul 28, 2015
  8. Akane Win User

I don't have any problem with that *Smile

Akane, Jul 28, 2015
  9. davidross Win User
    just got google to work, don't even no what i did, oh yer i clicked trouble shooting then it was searching then ask me to try opening chrome so i did and its working, hope you get your fixed @BlauUmlaut
    happy days

davidross, Jul 28, 2015
  10. TechnoMage Win User
    I sent out a email to my customer base, telling them to NOT accept Windows 10 when it's offered.

From experience here on my (several) Beta Test PC's, I already know that the upgrade will kill Windows Mail and several other things that I've set up for my customers who want to use a Local Email program and not Web mail.
    System Restore is shut OFF in order to delete all the OLD System Restore Points. That's OK, but then they don't turn it back on again. Arrrrgggghhhh!

Most users won't have a clue as to how to turn System Restore back on. The "Force a new restore point" script that I put in my customer's Startup folder, will then create an error message on the desktop screen on every boot-up.

I can just hear my phone ringing now, from the people who can't send or receive email and who are getting this error message on their desktop every time they boot up their PC. It won't be pretty.

Hopefully, my people will take my advise to NOT accept the Windows 10 upgrade.

Cheers Mates!
    *Cool

TechnoMage, Jul 28, 2015
  11. davidross Win User
    @TechnoMage you have a good point there coz i could not find system restore or factory reset.
    just glad i got google chrome to open and work.

davidross, Jul 28, 2015
  12. BlauUmlaut Win User
    Now my upgraded 10 machine isn't responding over TeamViewer, which makes me fear something has happened. I suppose I will have to wait until I get back home. I'm almost afraid to do anything else with it. Any suggestions from the users here?

BlauUmlaut, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Upgrade to 10 from 8.1 64-bit basic functions no longer functional - Similar Threads - Upgrade bit basic

Forum Date

Can I Upgrade from Enterprise 32 bit to 64 bit on recent purchase

Can I Upgrade from Enterprise 32 bit to 64 bit on recent purchase: I recently purchased a used laptop with Windows 10 Enterprise 32bit installed (activated) and would like to upgrade to 64bit in able to allow the system to see 8GB of RAM. 32bit can only see 4GB but 64bit will allow for an upgrade to 8GB. I would like to do this upgrade...
Windows 10 Updates and Activation Nov 8, 2016

How to upgrade From 32bit to 64 Bit

How to upgrade From 32bit to 64 Bit: Hi All I installed windows 10 pro in my PC. and the version is 32bit And i have also An ISO file of windows 10 64bit. And I want to upgrade my windows 10 to 64 bit. So is it possible without losing any data to upgrade my windows to 64bit? I do not want a clean install...
Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade Nov 18, 2016

Problems upgrading Dell Dimension 5000 from Win 10 32 bit to 64 bit

Problems upgrading Dell Dimension 5000 from Win 10 32 bit to 64 bit: I'm a newcomer to TF and have joined hoping that I can get some useful advice on an upgrade problem I have. My PC is a Dell Dimension 5000 running Win10 V1703 in 32 bit mode. CPU is Intel 4 524 Prescott (3.06GHz) in Socket 775A. The mainboard is a Dell OW5363 with version...
Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade Sep 2, 2017

Upgrading to windows 10 64 bit

Upgrading to windows 10 64 bit: Hello, I am going to upgrade my windows 10 32 bit to 64 bit,it was orginally 64 bit but the hard drive got bad sector,it was fixed but the fixer installed 32 bit instead of 64 bit,i am extracting the files inside the windows 10 64 bit iso to my usb,i have 2 drives...
Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade Feb 3, 2018

Can I upgrade my computer to 64 bit? (Urgent)

Can I upgrade my computer to 64 bit? (Urgent): So, I recently discovered Overwatch at a friend's house, and I really want to get it on my PC. However, my Windows 10 system info app says I have a 32 bit processor, but the new Windows 10 settings says I have a 64 bit. Overwatch requires a 64 bit version of Windows to run,...
Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade Apr 3, 2018

How do I upgrade from 32 to 64 bit?

How do I upgrade from 32 to 64 bit?: So, i've followed the tutorials on how to do this but I am really confused. My pc supports 64 bit but it just doesn't work after I restart my pc. I've downloaded the media creation tool and installed the setup on a flash drive. But, as I said, when I restarted my pc, it...
Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade Feb 28, 2018

64 bit upgrade help

64 bit upgrade help: Hello, I have a laptop which is 32-bit and would like to upgrade (or clean install) to Windows 10 64-bit. My cpu is x64 based but in system information it says "x86-based pc". Is it possible for me to get a 64 bit version of windows 10? EDIT: I also have 6gb of ram 90406
Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade Aug 2, 2017
Upgrade to 10 from 8.1 64-bit basic functions no longer functional solved