Windows 10: Upgrade to 10 from Windows 7

Discus and support Upgrade to 10 from Windows 7 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Upgrade continually failing. Message received 'WindowsUpdate_C1900101" "WindowsUpdate_dt000' Any ideas please?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Warnerfam48, Jun 14, 2019.

1. Upgrade to 10 from Windows 7

Upgrade continually failing. Message received 'WindowsUpdate_C1900101" "WindowsUpdate_dt000'

Any ideas please?

:)

Warnerfam48, Jun 14, 2019
  2. Nordic Win User

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Jun 14, 2019
  3. Mussels Win User
    Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

i've seen this when the stock USB drivers went kaput. Only ever seen it once - i used a PCI USB 2.0 card and connected the mouse and keyboard to that, and manually updated the USB 2/USB 3 drivers.

Mussels, Jun 14, 2019
  4. Upgrade to 10 from Windows 7

Installing Windows 10 using Windows 7 key

Nope, you need to install Windows 10 first and make sure the Windows 7 key is transferred to your Windows account after you've installed Windows 10 (not quite sure how that works). I missed the last step and I could not activate Windows 10 after a re-install... Microsoft seem to have done everything they can to make it a PITA. Also, it's technically too late to do this now anyhow, as the upgrade offer has expired. But KMSPico works quite well...

As for getting rid of Windows, delete the Windows folder.

TheLostSwede, Jun 14, 2019
Thema:

Upgrade to 10 from Windows 7

1. Upgrade to 10 from Windows 7 - Similar Threads - Upgrade

2. Windows 10 don't activate after Hardware Upgrade

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 don't activate after Hardware Upgrade: I tried the Troubleshooting. Selected " I changed hardware on this device recently" It finds the device I'm in, I select and click Next. Unable to Activate Windows on this Device. Try Again Later. I also already linked my Microsoft Account to my Windows Account before the...
  3. Upgraded Surface Pro and updating Office 2013

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Upgraded Surface Pro and updating Office 2013: Hi all, Hoping someone may know the answer to this one. Recently purchased a new Surface Pro 6 replacing my old Pro 4. When I'm attempting to activate Office 2013 on the 6 (which I had previously activated on the 4) it's telling me the activation code has already been used...
  4. Intermittent Windows 10 deactivation after cloning hard drive and upgrading hardware

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Intermittent Windows 10 deactivation after cloning hard drive and upgrading hardware: I recently built a new computer and cloned my old hard drive to a new hard drive. I have intermittently been seeing a "Activate Windows" prompt which sometimes disappears after restarting. When I try to reactivate Windows 10, it fails, and then I select the option stating...
  5. Problems upgrading to Sage v25

in Windows 10 Customization
    Problems upgrading to Sage v25: Hi Following several conversations with Sage I have been advised that something in Microsoft is preventing me from performing an upgrade. Sage can't help me and I'm hoping someone here can? Many thanks...
  6. Windows 10 upgrading to the latest version

Windows 10 upgrading to the latest version: Today I got a upgrade reminder from Microsoft upgrade center that it was time to upgrade to the latest version of windows 10, OK I was running the upgrade and the next thing I got was a black screen with flashing cursors, no messages about faulty hard drives or anything, I...
  7. Will the free upgrade to windows 10 will be offered again before windows 7 support ends?...

Will the free upgrade to windows 10 will be offered again before windows 7 support ends?...: I am running windows 7 i previously installed windows 10 but had to roll back as a driver was not detected it seems that in some cases windows 10 will run on my system so i am tempted to try again do you know if a free upgrade to windows 10 will be offered again before...
  8. Recent Upgrades - Window Desktop a mess

in Windows 10 Support
    Recent Upgrades - Window Desktop a mess: I was wondering if recent upgrade has messed up the desktop for three users. My lock screen (which is good) image is same for my background but the background has gone very fuzzy, as has the other two users and their image. Also desktop icons have moved themselves around the...
  9. Recent Upgrades - Window Desktop a mess

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Recent Upgrades - Window Desktop a mess: I was wondering if recent upgrade has messed up the desktop for three users. My lock screen (which is good) image is same for my background but the background has gone very fuzzy, as has the other two users and their image. Also desktop icons have moved themselves around the...
  10. Hardware Upgrade, Have two questions

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Hardware Upgrade, Have two questions: Hi,All... I'm placing the questions first, then I'll let you know what is going on. 1) My new motherboard has WiFi. My question is it can't connect to my WiFi until I enter my password, right... 2) Windows 10 needs an internet connection to see a hardware change, right......