Windows 10: Upgrade to 10 with 7 key?

Discus and support Upgrade to 10 with 7 key? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I know you can install 10 fresh with a windows 7 key. Can you upgrade to 10 from 7 with a windows 7 key? submitted by /u/Jt832 [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Jt832, Feb 19, 2020.

1. /u/Jt832 Win User

Upgrade to 10 with 7 key?

I know you can install 10 fresh with a windows 7 key.

Can you upgrade to 10 from 7 with a windows 7 key?

submitted by /u/Jt832
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Jt832, Feb 19, 2020

2. Installing Windows 10 using Windows 7 key

Nope, you need to install Windows 10 first and make sure the Windows 7 key is transferred to your Windows account after you've installed Windows 10 (not quite sure how that works). I missed the last step and I could not activate Windows 10 after a re-install... Microsoft seem to have done everything they can to make it a PITA. Also, it's technically too late to do this now anyhow, as the upgrade offer has expired. But KMSPico works quite well...

As for getting rid of Windows, delete the Windows folder.

TheLostSwede, Feb 19, 2020
  3. How to reinstall Windows 10 if my computers used the free upgrade from 7 and 8?

Will windows 10 still accept the license keys from 7 and 8 now if I reinstall my computer?

Does Microsoft keep a list of users who upgraded to Win 10 using their 7 and 8 keys so that when users need to reinstall windows 10 the old keys would work?

Do I need to call in Microsoft to ask them to activate my Windows 10 when I give them my win 7 keys?

Both computers are laptops. The windows 7 machine had the serial printed on the back, and I needed to enter that when I upgraded to 10. The windows 8 machine had the serial built in inside its boot system so I didn't need to enter the key when I upgraded to 10, but I did manage to write down the keys using a fetcher program.

JebusPrime, Feb 19, 2020
  4. pigulici Win User

How to reinstall Windows 10 if my computers used the free upgrade from 7 and 8?

Yes, still work, no need to call, just be sure to have internet access when you start to install 10, I work at pc shop and did this few days ago, used a key of 7 to put clean 10(wasn't used for upgrade).

pigulici, Feb 19, 2020
Thema:

1. Upgrade to 10 with 7 key? - Similar Threads - Upgrade key

2. Bitlocker key not working, after window upgrade 10 to 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bitlocker key not working, after window upgrade 10 to 11: I recently i upgrade my window 10 to 11, after that my bitlocker key is not working in my encrypted drive.I try many to unlock my bitlocker drive but showing msg wrong key but I enter the correct key my bitlocker.Anyone can suggest, how to fix the issue...
  3. Bitlocker key not working, after window upgrade 10 to 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bitlocker key not working, after window upgrade 10 to 11: I recently i upgrade my window 10 to 11, after that my bitlocker key is not working in my encrypted drive.I try many to unlock my bitlocker drive but showing msg wrong key but I enter the correct key my bitlocker.Anyone can suggest, how to fix the issue...
  4. Upgrading from illegitimate Windows 10 Pro key to Windows 11 Home

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Upgrading from illegitimate Windows 10 Pro key to Windows 11 Home: Hello,I am having trouble upgrading to Windows 11 Home. I unknowingly bought an illegitimate copy of Windows 10 Pro some time ago, and after swapping my motherboard it gave me the Activate Windows watermark, so I then bought a 11 home key from a licensed retailer thinking I...
  5. How to upgrade from windows 8.1 (not activated) to windows 10 (I have win 10 key )?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to upgrade from windows 8.1 (not activated) to windows 10 (I have win 10 key )?: Cant find how to do that , all tutorials require activated windows 8.1 ... submitted by /u/savvasr200 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/1btr0io/how_to_upgrade_from_windows_81_not_activated_to/
  6. Is a Windows 10 Pro Key not Eligible on a Force-Upgraded Windows 11?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is a Windows 10 Pro Key not Eligible on a Force-Upgraded Windows 11?: Hi there, long story short: My PC Force-Upgraded to Windows 11. I had Windows 10 Home pre-built, I bought a Windows 10 Pro Key, which was working fine, but then one day my PC loaded up and force-upgraded to Windows 11 without my consent, and because of the pre-built Windows...
  7. Is a Windows 10 Pro Key not Eligible on a Force-Upgraded Windows 11?

Is a Windows 10 Pro Key not Eligible on a Force-Upgraded Windows 11?: Hi there, long story short: My PC Force-Upgraded to Windows 11. I had Windows 10 Home pre-built, I bought a Windows 10 Pro Key, which was working fine, but then one day my PC loaded up and force-upgraded to Windows 11 without my consent, and because of the pre-built Windows...
  8. Transfer Win 11 Pro key after upgrading from Home OEM; and keep Home OEM on old computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Transfer Win 11 Pro key after upgrading from Home OEM; and keep Home OEM on old computer: My old computer had Win 11 Home OEM. I upgraded it to Win 11 Pro.Is it possible to transfer the 11 Pro key from the old computer to a new computer. Then, keep running Home OEM on old computer?Thanks!...
  9. Transfer Win 11 Pro key after upgrading from Home OEM; and keep Home OEM on old computer

Transfer Win 11 Pro key after upgrading from Home OEM; and keep Home OEM on old computer: My old computer had Win 11 Home OEM. I upgraded it to Win 11 Pro.Is it possible to transfer the 11 Pro key from the old computer to a new computer. Then, keep running Home OEM on old computer?Thanks!...
  10. Invalid Win11 Pro upgrade key - how to undo?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Invalid Win11 Pro upgrade key - how to undo?: Well, it looks like I got scammed.I purchased a key to upgrade my Windows 11 Home to Windows 11 Pro. When I tried to change the product key through the "Change Product Key" dialog under Control Panel's Activation dialog, I got an error code 0x80070490.I called Microsoft, and...