Windows 10: Upgrade to 18922 repeatedly fails after long installation

Discus and support Upgrade to 18922 repeatedly fails after long installation in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I'm stuck on 18908, which I need to upgrade as I've not gotten the GSOD on that build more than half a dozen times (lost count). But Windows Update... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by creetisvan, Jun 22, 2019.

1. Upgrade to 18922 repeatedly fails after long installation

I'm stuck on 18908, which I need to upgrade as I've not gotten the GSOD on that build more than half a dozen times (lost count). But Windows Update continues to try to update to 18922, and each time it tries to download and install it ends and rolls back to 18908 with no explanation, just to start the long process over and over again.

History shows: Last failed install attempt on ‎6/‎21/‎2019 - 0xc1900101

I need to get items done, and need to understand what to do to get beyond this endless loop.

I have the log but don't see how to attach it. Maybe whoever handles this won't need it but if so advise process to get it to you.

Thanks.

:)

creetisvan, Jun 22, 2019
  2. aronchick Win User

Stuck in Windows 10 Upgrade

My computer seems to be stuck in a Windows 10 failed upgrade loop. I was running fine on a beta version of Windows 10, and then I came downstairs one morning to see it repeatedly booting, attempting to repair, then rebooting. The steps I've taken to diagnose are:

• Attempting to boot off a USB drive (with all drives disabled in BIOS) - this fails at the point of the blue windows screen
    • Attempting to boot the machine itself and getting into "repair/safe mode" using F7
    • Looking at the BIOS for obvious failures (e.g. RAM that should be there is missing) - nothing obvious is wrong.

I am fairly certain the build version was 9926. For many months, the system would attempt to upgrade, and then say "it failed" for some reason and roll back.

Suggestions for next steps?

aronchick, Jun 22, 2019
  3. KB3199986 and KB3194209 Failed to install repeatedly

KB3199986 and KB3194209 Failed to install repeatedly on my son's computer. KB3199986 since 10/27/2016 and KB3194209 11/11/2016.

In that time, other updates have installed successfully.

Of course, every time he reboot's it takes an hour for the updates to try and install and fail. Any suggestions on what to do?

screaminscott66, Jun 22, 2019
  4. chideock Win User

Upgrade to 18922 repeatedly fails after long installation

KB4025339 Fails Install 0x80070564

Thanks
    I am trying Eagle 51's suggestions now. Windows Update troubleshooter found a bunch of errors and fixed all but one.The update is trying to download KB4025339 again. I'll see what happens. At step one troubleshooter finishes with one error unresolved "Potential Windows Update Database Error Detected-Not Fixed". Windows update stalled at 0%.

At step 2 same troubleshooter error. The KB finished a new download failed to install.
    Did step 3 KB has downloaded but fails to install.

If Eagle's suggestion doesn't work I'll try EdTittel's suggestion

Tried bothe Eagle & Ed 's suggestions - do not work. Anyone else?

I have noticed that the latest update for my nvidia drivers has failed to update. Wondering about that!

chideock, Jun 22, 2019
Thema:

Upgrade to 18922 repeatedly fails after long installation

1. Upgrade to 18922 repeatedly fails after long installation - Similar Threads - Upgrade 18922 repeatedly

2. Upgrade to Windows 11 has failed repeatedly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Upgrade to Windows 11 has failed repeatedly: I've been trying to upgrade my Windows 10 Intel NUC since last summer as part of the Windows Insider Program. I've tried all sorts of things to get this machine to take the upgrade, all suggested here. Nothing seems to work.Windows reports I can do the upgrade:And Windows...
  3. Upgrade to Windows 11 has failed repeatedly

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Upgrade to Windows 11 has failed repeatedly: I've been trying to upgrade my Windows 10 Intel NUC since last summer as part of the Windows Insider Program. I've tried all sorts of things to get this machine to take the upgrade, all suggested here. Nothing seems to work.Windows reports I can do the upgrade:And Windows...
  4. Upgrade to Windows 11 has failed repeatedly

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Repeated fail upgrade to 1903 => block functional upgrades

Repeated fail upgrade to 1903 => block functional upgrades: Dear all, Since some months, I fail to update to W10 1903 from 1803. I tried the different methods from FIX: Windows 10 Update 1903 failed to install (Solved) - wintips.org - Windows Tips & How-tos It fails with error 0xc1900101 It is a 12 years old Thinkpad R61, and...
  6. failed installation after ssd upgrade

failed installation after ssd upgrade: Hi I upgraded my Dell all in one PC to ssd, and then i installed windows through a usb flash drive, after the installation windows restarted and then stayed by the opening page where it says dell... it would not move to startup.... i tried restarting it a couple times,...
  7. Not working autostart after update 18922

in Windows 10 Support
    Not working autostart after update 18922: Hi! First sorry for bad english *Sad hope that we will understand each other. After update to 18922 rs-realese 190614-1427 or maybe earlier i have discovered not working audio control in autostart. Also fiew other things like rightclick on desktop where I can set...
  8. 1809 fails repeatedly to install

1809 fails repeatedly to install: 1809 repeatedly fails to install. It installed on my desktop, but fails on my laptop. This has happened every two weeks or so since the beginning of 2019. I have tried the Windows 10 update assistant, same result. I am OK with skipping this update, is it OK to wait for 1903?...
  9. W10 install repeatedly failing

W10 install repeatedly failing: Hi guys, new year new problems :/ I'll try not to ramble... I installed W10 on a relatively old custom build that I gave to my parents, aside from it taking forever to install all was working pretty well for a few months. Then it wouldn't boot and the HDD (even though...
  10. Upgrading from 1511 Failing Repeatedly

Upgrading from 1511 Failing Repeatedly: I've got a PC stuck on 1511 and repeatedly failing to upgrade. I have other, part-for-part identical PCs on 1803 so I don't think there's any hardware compatibility issue. At this point I'm trying to update to 1803 using the Upgrade Assistant. This is the error that I'm...