Windows 10: Upgrade to 20H2 Failed to open Group policy object on this computer

Discus and support Upgrade to 20H2 Failed to open Group policy object on this computer in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I just updated my Windows 10 Enterprise from 2004 to version 2009 (20H2). I can no longer use gpedit.msc. I get this error [img] I did have some... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by blup, Oct 27, 2020.

1. blup Win User

Upgrade to 20H2 Failed to open Group policy object on this computer

I just updated my Windows 10 Enterprise from 2004 to version 2009 (20H2). I can no longer use gpedit.msc.
    I get this error

Upgrade to 20H2 Failed to open Group policy object on this computer [​IMG]

I did have some policies active but the seem to be corrupted.

:)

2. Group Policy Object Missing

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Let me point you in the right direction, where you would get the appropriate help for this issue. I would suggest you to post your query in
    TechNetforums,
    where we have experts and support professionals who are well equipped with the knowledge on Group policy to assist you with the appropriate troubleshooting steps.

You may also refer this article: Create
    a Group Policy Object

Aditya Roy

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Aditya_Roy, Oct 27, 2020
  3. ARC
    arc Win User
    Failed to open group policy object on this computer and Restricted all drivers

Well this problem showed up while i was done after i was done doing my restrictions on my disk now i accidentally chose all drives to be restricted.

When I came back to fix it , it just shows the problem "Failed to open group policy object on this computer" and i cant open any of my drivers help.

I tried to open the driver c to delete c:\Windows\System32\GroupPolicy\Machine folder but I cant open the driver C.

How do i fix this?? Thanks for any help.

4. EdBoyerXQ Win User

User Group Policy Objects not applied but computer group policy objects are

I created a group policy object specifically for Windows 10 computers and tablets. All the templates for Windows 10 have been added to the central store in AD. For the

Computer Configuration

Enabled "Administrative Templates\Windows Components\OneDrive\Prevent the usage of OneDrive for file Storage"

Enabled "Administrative Templates\Windows Components\Windows Update\Defer Upgrades and Updates"

User Configuration

Disabled "Administrative Templates\Start Menu and taskbar\Show Windows Store Apps on the Taskbar"

Enabled "Administrative Templates\System\Internet Communication Management\Internet Communication settings\Turn off Access to the Store"

The computer configuration settings work but the User Configuration settings are not applied and there are no errors to explain why. Is there a reason for this?

EdBoyerXQ, Oct 27, 2020
Thema:

1. Upgrade to 20H2 Failed to open Group policy object on this computer - Similar Threads - Upgrade 20H2 Failed

2. Active Directory Group Policy Objects GPO

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Active Directory Group Policy Objects GPO: Hi All,I am reaching out to seek assistance with enabling and configuring 802.1x on client machines within our network.Due to the unique nature of the grouping, we have encountered challenges in utilizing Active Directory Group Policy Objects GPO for this purpose. As a...
  3. Active Directory Group Policy Objects GPO

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Active Directory Group Policy Objects GPO: Hi All,I am reaching out to seek assistance with enabling and configuring 802.1x on client machines within our network.Due to the unique nature of the grouping, we have encountered challenges in utilizing Active Directory Group Policy Objects GPO for this purpose. As a...
  4. How to exclude Individual Users or Computers from a Group Policy Object

in Windows 10 News
    How to exclude Individual Users or Computers from a Group Policy Object: [ATTACH]Usually, when group policy is applied, it is applied for all the computers or user groups or all the users. There are no exceptions. However, […] This article How to exclude Individual Users or Computers from a Group Policy Object first appeared on...
  5. Failed to open the Group Policy Object on this computer

in Windows 10 News
    Failed to open the Group Policy Object on this computer: [ATTACH]I use Group Policy Editor to configure a lot of settings on Windows 10. Recently when I tried opening it from Run prompt or directly […] This post Failed to open the Group Policy Object on this computer is from TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  6. Computer policy could not be updated successfully, The processing of Group Policy failed

in Windows 10 News
    Computer policy could not be updated successfully, The processing of Group Policy failed: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]If while using the GPUPDATE.exe tool you see error message Computer policy could not be updated successfully, then this post will help you. The GPUPDATE command-line tool helps users update the Group Policy change forcefully. Computer policy could not be...
  7. Updating Group Policy Objects

in Windows 10 Customization
    Updating Group Policy Objects: Hello, I have made an application that will run as a service under "Local System" account. I have used "Advanced Installer" to generate installer for my application. The installer produces an exe file, which when run on my PC, works perfectly fine. but when i try to install...
  8. Group Policy Object Missing

Group Policy Object Missing: Hi All - I run GPResult /R and see 9 GPO's applied. I then jump over to the server and only see 8 GPO's under "Group Policy Objects". Of course, the one GPO that I need to work on is missing. I searched and found a few potential solutions but they didn't fix my issue. I...
  9. Group Policy Failed

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Group Policy Failed: I am currently in the process of trying to repair my dad's laptop as this morning when he tried to log on to his account (which is the only account on the computer), it said that the group policy failed, and that the access was denied. (BTW I work in technical support, so I...
  10. Group Computer Policy

Group Computer Policy: How do I download this so I can change group policy so I can control my windows 10 and use administrator permission on my computer. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/group-computer-policy/89de94c2-4708-47e7-8231-2a538d410310