Windows 10: Upgrade to a bigger Windows M2 SSD without losing data

Discus and support Upgrade to a bigger Windows M2 SSD without losing data in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hello dear Windows10 Reddit-community, I am seeking for your help and advices. I do want to upgrade my "(C:)" M2 SSD to a new one with more storage.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/penguiin1337, Feb 5, 2021.

1. Upgrade to a bigger Windows M2 SSD without losing data

Hello dear Windows10 Reddit-community,

I am seeking for your help and advices. I do want to upgrade my "(CUpgrade to a bigger Windows M2 SSD without losing data :)" M2 SSD to a new one with more storage. Sadly I do not have a second M2 slot. What is the best, less annoying or fastest way to upgrade without losing my data on that drive? Do you have a good workaround? Is there a good tool? Can I do it with Win10 itself?
    Currently I am running 3 Samsung SSDs. I dont mind losing data on my second and third SSD.

Additional question: Do you have experience with external M2 SSD readers, that support the full speed of the M2 SSD? I do have a 3.1 Gen2 USB Port.

Thanks alot for help. Greetings!

submitted by /u/penguiin1337
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/penguiin1337, Feb 5, 2021

2. Migration from Hdd to m2.SSD

Recently I have purchased a new laptop (hp probook 450 G4) and a new original windows 10 home edition and now I want to upgrade my 1 TB Hdd to a new m2 ssd and my laptop supports another slot for the m2 ssd so I can run both
    the m2 ssd & hdd at the same time but I will make the m2 ssd the boot drive and the hdd will be the data drive.
    MY Question is how can I migrate system drive to the new m2 ssd without the need to reinstall windows or any other installed programs and there is another thing, when I checked the disk management I found 3 recovery partitions will I have to
    migrate them too or I have to migrate the system drive only

MostafaEl-Desoky, Feb 5, 2021
  3. shminkie Win User
    M2 NVME SSD

So you think it truly is worth it to have windows installed on an M2 NVME SSD instead of installing it on a sata-600 ssd and installing your most important software on the M2 NVME SSD ?

shminkie, Feb 5, 2021
  4. Upgrade to a bigger Windows M2 SSD without losing data

2 ssd migration to larger m2 ssd

hi I have a pc with 1 m2 ssd drive on which win 10 is active how do I transfer everything including win 10 on it to the newer bigger drive and use the bigger one as a replacement c drive I don't have the product key as win was pre installed

the bear in heels, Feb 5, 2021
Thema:

Upgrade to a bigger Windows M2 SSD without losing data

1. Upgrade to a bigger Windows M2 SSD without losing data - Similar Threads - Upgrade bigger SSD

2. Reinstall Windows without losing data

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Reinstall Windows without losing data: If I use media creation tool - upgrade this pc now, then it will keep my apps and files?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/reinstall-windows-without-losing-data/3c3f5739-b3c1-401e-8b1b-b7fbd8f51743
  3. Reinstall Windows without losing data

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Reinstall Windows without losing data: If I use media creation tool - upgrade this pc now, then it will keep my apps and files?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/reinstall-windows-without-losing-data/3c3f5739-b3c1-401e-8b1b-b7fbd8f51743
  4. How to convert RAW SSD to NTFS without losing data?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to convert RAW SSD to NTFS without losing data?: I just open my laptop and suddenly it wont boot up. It goes to BSOD then advance boot options and just loops until forever. I found out my SSD is the problem.I tried plugging my SSD into another laptop using external enclosure and it only detects the SSD for a moment then...
  5. How to convert RAW SSD to NTFS without losing data?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to convert RAW SSD to NTFS without losing data?: I just open my laptop and suddenly it wont boot up. It goes to BSOD then advance boot options and just loops until forever. I found out my SSD is the problem.I tried plugging my SSD into another laptop using external enclosure and it only detects the SSD for a moment then...
  6. Reinstall Windows 10 on SSD without losing the data from HDD.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Reinstall Windows 10 on SSD without losing the data from HDD.: Hello, and sorry for my grammar because my first language isn't English. I have all my files and windows 10 on one HDD drive so for speed, I bought one Nvme SSD. I want to install windows on the ssd with some demanding apps and keep the rest of my files and apps on the...
  7. Upgrade PC without losing my HDD data

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Upgrade PC without losing my HDD data: Hi! I've bought all the components for my new PC but I want to keep the things that I already have in my hard drive disk. Between the new components, there is an M.2 of 250 Gb and I want to install the operating system there. I've heard about making partitions of my HDD and...
  8. Upgrade to a bigger SSD

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Upgrade to a bigger SSD: Hello everyone, I’ve recently bought a new 512GB SSD to replace my 128GB one which is at 78GB full so I looked up how to clone my old data on the new one and found ways to do it with an external ssd reader and Macrium reflect and i bought a MMCRRX SSD M.2 USB C Box supporting...
  9. Upgrade to a bigger SSD..

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Upgrade to a bigger SSD..: I would like to increase my diskspace in my windows 10 desktop by upgrading present Samsung SSD from 500GB to a 1TB SSD. How do I go about it?I would prefer to do it without any third party apps like Mini Partition Tool for partitioning the 1TB SSD into two partitions.What do...
  10. Upgrading an M2 SSD

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Upgrading an M2 SSD: My laptop has a Kingston 128GB M2 drive, also a 1T HDD I'm looking to upgrade the 128Gb drive as you can tell, it's starting to get full, thats with me directing most downloads, saving etc to my D drive. so all i need is a M2 converter to USB and use a disc clone program to...