Windows 10: upgrade to an SSD storage device

Discus and support upgrade to an SSD storage device in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I just upgraded my main PC to SSD and the cloning went OK but I cannot now connect to the internet. The other PC and laptop connect perfectly. Any... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by edwardpearce1, May 29, 2019.

1. upgrade to an SSD storage device

I just upgraded my main PC to SSD and the cloning went OK but I cannot now connect to the internet.

The other PC and laptop connect perfectly. Any ideas?

:)

edwardpearce1, May 29, 2019

2. Internal Storage devices being detected as removable devices

Hi,

I would suggest you to update your storage controller driver.

Method 1: Update Storage Controller Driver

Follow the steps.

• Press Windows key + X key and click Device Manager.
    • Expand the Storage Controller.
    • Right-click on the Storage controller Driver
      and select Update Driver Software.
    • Wait for sometime and check if the issue persists.
    • Restart your system.
    Method 2: Uninstall and then reinstall Storage Controller driver from the Manufacturer's Website

Follow the steps.

• Press Windows key + X key and click Device Manager.
    • Expand the Storage Controller.
    • Right-click on the Storage controller Driver
      and select Uninstall.
    • Now, go to the Manufacturer's website and download the latest storage controller driver.
    • Once the download is complete, double-click and run the setup file to complete installation.
    • Restart your system.
    Hope this helps. Please respond if you have further related queries.

Regards,

Jesinta Rozario, May 29, 2019
  3. VMware-usb storage device not recognized

Hello,

I'm running Windows XP in Workstation Player on a Windows 10 laptop.

My USB CD/DVD drive is able to mount in the Player. So is a flash drive.

My Western Digital ssd (My Passport Ultra) is listed in "Removable devices", but fails to mount, giving this error:

upgrade to an SSD storage device [​IMG]

In the Virtual Machine settings, the USB controller is using usb 2.0.

The WD ssd is compatible with usb 3.0 and 2.0, and is supported by Windows XP. My desktop computer running Win XP has no problem mounting the drive.

The device manager in virtual Win XP shows it as an "unknown device."

I've read everything I can find on the problem, and tried a number of suggestions from the knowledge base at VMware as well as solutions via google searches.

Perhaps the WD ssd just won't work on the free version of VM Workstation Player (v. 14).

Anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks,
    Paul

Paul Bacon, May 29, 2019
  4. techguy31 Win User

upgrade to an SSD storage device

64Gb SSD for OS or 2Tb HDD for storage ?!

I suggest that you get the 2tb for storage. SSDs are only useful if you want to boot things fast like OS and programs. I actually suggest you get both if you have that many movies.

techguy31, May 29, 2019
Thema:

upgrade to an SSD storage device

1. upgrade to an SSD storage device - Similar Threads - upgrade SSD storage

2. External SSD storage device freezes some applications

in Windows 10 Gaming
    External SSD storage device freezes some applications: The following situation happens to me now.There is:PC - it has installed two Windows 11 OSes, the first is for personal use Windows 11 Home and the second is for professional use software developing Windows 11 Pro N. It has 6 ports 3.2 Gen1 Type A, 2 ports 3.2 Gen2 Type A+C....
  3. External SSD storage device freezes some applications

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    External SSD storage device freezes some applications: The following situation happens to me now.There is:PC - it has installed two Windows 11 OSes, the first is for personal use Windows 11 Home and the second is for professional use software developing Windows 11 Pro N. It has 6 ports 3.2 Gen1 Type A, 2 ports 3.2 Gen2 Type A+C....
  4. Internl SSD is showing in removable storage device

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Internl SSD is showing in removable storage device: Hi I had recently purchased a WD SSD Hard disk M2280 Model WDS500G2B0c-00PXH0 . I had a clean installation using Microsoft media creation USB tool . All my drivers and BIOS are Updated. I found my Internal SSD Drive where the OS is installed is showing as removable storage...
  5. Internl SSD is showing in removable storage device

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Internl SSD is showing in removable storage device: Hi I had recently purchased a WD SSD Hard disk M2280 Model WDS500G2B0c-00PXH0 . I had a clean installation using Microsoft media creation USB tool . All my drivers and BIOS are Updated. I found my Internal SSD Drive where the OS is installed is showing as removable storage...
  6. Internl SSD is showing in removable storage device

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. Storage on SSD

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Storage on SSD: I have a 227GB SSD which is showing a nearly full. When I run Storage Sense it says that Apps and Features is 97.2GB but when I go into it, there are only 2 apps bigger than 1GB and the total in no way reaches 97.2 GB. What is taking up all the space on my hard drive? Many...
  8. new to SSD looking for upgrade possibility storage

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    new to SSD looking for upgrade possibility storage: hi all so i know its user serviceable i have allready popped it open, and tech at my local store says i can fully upgrade all storage, its a hp 15-cw1068wm laptop, i want to update the SSD stuff it plugs in to a slot on the board, and does come out as my tech at local store...
  9. SATA SSD showing up as portable storage device after upgrade

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    SATA SSD showing up as portable storage device after upgrade: I recently upgraded my system, moving from Intel (i7-7700K/Asus Maximus IX Formula) to AMD (3900X/Aorus X570 Master). In the process of updating the BIOS, drivers and whatnot, I also updated Windows to 1909. After I was done, I noticed that the icon to "Safely Remove...
  10. SSD showing up as a microsoft storage space device

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    SSD showing up as a microsoft storage space device: Hello About a week ago my laptop stopped working, because my 512gb Samsung ssd 840 Pro series hard drive failed somehow. I moved the drive to my desktop pc, and found that it had had its partitions deleted somehow. I downloaded multiple applications to save some of my...