Windows 10: Upgrade to Edge Creates Other Favorites Folder

Discus and support Upgrade to Edge Creates Other Favorites Folder in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; When I upgraded from edge to edge chromium, it created a "other favorites" folder in the favorites and nested all mine under that folder. Why would it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/_Nismo, Jun 7, 2020.

1. /u/_Nismo Win User

Upgrade to Edge Creates Other Favorites Folder

When I upgraded from edge to edge chromium, it created a "other favorites" folder in the favorites and nested all mine under that folder. Why would it do that and add an extra click? I have tried going to manage favorites, but you cannot move them out of that folder in there. I tried going to the c:\users\ profile and into favorites there, but all of my favorites are listed there correctly without the "other Favorites" folder.

submitted by /u/_Nismo
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/_Nismo, Jun 7, 2020

2. Created folders missing in Edge Favorites

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to follow the below steps to find the favorites and check if it helps.

• Click on the Hub icon (icon with 3 horizontal lines, just to the right of the favorites "star" icon).
    • This opens the Hub. Now click on the Star icon in the hub and check whether you can find the favorites.

Also I suggest you to refer to the articles below and check if it helps:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/microsoft-edge

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-au/windows-10/edge-privacy-faq

Hope this information is helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Jun 7, 2020
  3. tomed3210 Win User
    Created folders missing in Edge Favorites

*Original Title: Created folders missing in Edge

I created new favorites folders in Edge and moved favorites into the various folders. When I open favorites in Edge the newly created folders are missing. Any help is appreciated.

tomed3210, Jun 7, 2020
  4. Upgrade to Edge Creates Other Favorites Folder

I am not able to open favorites folder or sub folders under it in EDGE browser

Hi Rodney,

We are sorry for the inconvenience caused to you.

Kindly follow the below steps to navigate the Microsoft EDGE browser’s favorites folder location.

• Open Windows File Explorer and navigate to the following path: (Press
      Windows + E keys on the keyboard to open File Explorer)

C:\Users\username\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.MicrosoftEdge_8wekyb3d8bbwe\AC\MicrosoftEdge\User\Default

Note: username represent the user account name which you have currently signed in to the Windows 10.

• Here you will be able to locate the EDGE browser’s Favorites folder location.

• Check whether you are able to locate the favorites which you have created in EDGE browser.
    Note: To back up your favorites in Edge browser, simply copy-paste this Favorites folder to a safe location. To restore favorites, copy and paste your Favorites folder back in the location suggested under
    the step 1.

I hope the above information helps you to locate the EDGE browser’s favorites folder location.

Thank you.

Kiran Kishore, Jun 7, 2020
Thema:

Upgrade to Edge Creates Other Favorites Folder

1. Upgrade to Edge Creates Other Favorites Folder - Similar Threads - Upgrade Edge Creates

2. Edge Favorites

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Edge Favorites: Suddenly I'm unable to right click on a link in my favorites folder and have it open in a new window, which I used to be able to do. Now when I click on open in new window, nothing happens. If I click open in a new tab, it does and also when I right click on links in various...
  3. Favorites, Favorites Bar and Other Favorites

in Browsers and Email
    Favorites, Favorites Bar and Other Favorites: When I first used the new Edge (Chrome??) I imported my bookmarks and bookmarks tool bar from Firerfox and got lost in the terminology of Edge. I am sure I don't understand the difference between 'Favorites', 'Favorites Bar' and 'Other Favorites'. Each seems to contain the...
  4. Edge Favorites

in Windows 10 Support
    Edge Favorites: I don't usually use Edge, I like IE11; but I've had to dabble in Edge from time to time. I was wondering, where are the Favorites saved? I looked up & found an article that instructed to go to:...
  5. Cannot Rename Folder in Edge Favorites

in Browsers and Email
    Cannot Rename Folder in Edge Favorites: As the title says. I can right-click on a folder in Edge favorites and click rename. Once the new name is typed in there seems to be no way to save it. No matter what I do it reverts to the previous name. Is it like this for everyone else? Jim 15600
  6. Ms Edge viewing favorites folders.

in Browsers and Email
    Ms Edge viewing favorites folders.: Here is what I am wondering, in google you can click on a favorites folder and see list of links, then you can slide your mouse over other folders, and see your links. But in Ms Edge you can't do that, you have to click on the page to close folder, then click on another...
  7. How can file folder with favorites be load into Edge favorites?

in Browsers and Email
    How can file folder with favorites be load into Edge favorites?: I have lost all my Favorites in Edge. I have recovered a copy of the desired Favorites and have placed these favorites on my desktop as a file folder. The file structure has all the folders, and within each folder, the links to all the favorite websites. I have tried placing...
  8. Microsoft Edge is not saving favorites under new folder created

in Browsers and Email
    Microsoft Edge is not saving favorites under new folder created: Hi! I've been using Windows 10 for about 2 months now and do like the feel of it. Now, I have a problem with the Edge browser not saving a website I try to favorite in a new folder under Favorites. When favoriting a website to Favorites or Favorite Toolbar, is saves...
  9. Microsoft Edge Favorites not in default folder but availalbe in Edge

in Browsers and Email
    Microsoft Edge Favorites not in default folder but availalbe in Edge: Since installing the November Windows 10 update (11/17/15) none of my favorites are being stored in the default Edge folder. While in Edge the favorites are available but when I go to the default folder they are not listed. Is there another location they may be being saved or...
  10. Create or Delete Folder on Microsoft Edge Favorites Bar

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Create or Delete Folder on Microsoft Edge Favorites Bar: How to: Create or Delete Folder on Microsoft Edge Favorites Bar How to Create or Delete Folder from Microsoft Edge Favorites Bar in Windows 10 [img] Information Microsoft Edge is a new web browser added in Windows 10, and will be available across the Windows 10 device...