Windows 10: Upgrade to Pro after Win 10 Install which installed Home

Discus and support Upgrade to Pro after Win 10 Install which installed Home in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; After buying a full-price purple box WIndows 10 Pro Full Version and installing from USB 3.0 KEY it installed Win 10 Home without asking for a Product... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by louisthird, Apr 20, 2021.

1. Upgrade to Pro after Win 10 Install which installed Home

After buying a full-price purple box WIndows 10 Pro Full Version and installing from USB 3.0 KEY it installed Win 10 Home without asking for a Product Key. I have a Product Key card indicating it is a "Windows 10 Pro Product Key". If I go to activation and use Switch Product Key then I get the error code "0xc004f050". How can I get Win 10 Pro installed?

:)

louisthird, Apr 20, 2021

2. Reloading - retrieving my installed WIN 10 PRO

Thanks for the quick and detail response. Just to make sure I understand your procedure, here are the steps I will do:

1. Download Win10586PESE-x64 v16.07.07 (new) ISO and burn to a DVD.

2. Place DVD in computer and power ON boot from DVD
    3. Run Macrium Reflect. Under the restore menu will be a utility to fix Windows startup problems. Try that utility to see if that restores booting to Windows 10
    4. When Windows startup utility finishes, remove DVD and power OFF computer
    5. Power ON and see if WIN 10 boots.
    6. If WIN 10 boots, check for normal operation, etc.
    7. If WIN 10 does not boot; re-install full WIN 7 disk image.
    8. Download and save Windows 10 ISO file tofolder on C:\ drive
    9. Down load and save:WinISO file on C:\ drive.
    10. Run and install WinISO according to http://www.winiso.com/support/tutorials/mount-iso-in-windows7.html" target="_blank" rel="noopener">
      [*]Run WinISO, open the Windows 10 ISO file stored on C:\. I assume there will be some type of BROWSE menu so you can select the Windows 10 ISO file?
      [*] Click "Mount" and a file menu of the files in the Windows 10 ISO file will appear.
      [*]Double click to Run setup.exe.from the WINDOWS 10 ISO file menu
      [*]This should upgrade your Windows 7 to Windows 10 - This same procedure as the “Free” upgrade from WIN 7 PRO to WIN 10 PRO. When finished WIN 10 PRO will be installed and ALL WIN 7 PRO program files, drivers, printers and data files from WIN 7 PRO will be available for use. To be explicit this is an install of WIN 10 PRO and a “TRANSFER/ UPGRADE of WIN 7 PRO program files, drivers, printers and data files. This is NOT a CLEAN INSTALL of WIN 10 PRO

JUST WANT TO MAKE MAKE SURE I UNDERSTAND THE EXPECTED RESULTS

1. The newly created WIN 10 PRO install should activate based upon your previously activated upgrade. I assume the setup program will access some Microsoft data base and find my previous activation?

Please excuse the long list, but I find it better to ask questions now, rather than try to unwind some misunderstanding later.

I do appreciate your time and support!

Thanks

krazykat tenf, Apr 20, 2021
  3. Clean Windows 10 (?PRO?) install

I have bought a legit "Windows 10 Pro" key of a key website. It is legit since i'm currently using it for over a year now. I currently have Windows 10 Pro installed on my PC and I want to do a clean install. I just can't find the windows 10 Pro download in the tool. But if i could use a windows 10 pro key with a normal windows 10 install, I'll be good to go.

JeroenBeunckens, Apr 20, 2021
  4. Upgrade to Pro after Win 10 Install which installed Home

Fresh Install of Win 10 without Serial Key?

Looking to reformat a laptops HDD, and then reinstall Win 10 fresh. The problem is it came pre-installed with Win 8 and I did the free upgrade to Win 10. How exactly would I re-format the HDD, reinstall Win 10 and ensure it reactivates properly? I don't see a Win 8 serial key anywhere in the contents of the box.

Flogger23m, Apr 20, 2021
Thema:

Upgrade to Pro after Win 10 Install which installed Home

1. Upgrade to Pro after Win 10 Install which installed Home - Similar Threads - Upgrade Pro Install

2. Upgrade Win 10 Home pre Installed to Win 10 Pro

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Upgrade Win 10 Home pre Installed to Win 10 Pro: I have just bought laptop MSI WS66 11UKT which came with pre installed Microsoft Windows 10 Home Single Language 64-bit Ver.2009.I want to upgrade the OS to Windows 10 Pro. But before that I want to make a clean install for it. I have Windows 10 Pro with DVD inside the...
  3. Upgrade Win 10 Home pre Installed to Win 10 Pro

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Upgrade Win 10 Home pre Installed to Win 10 Pro: I have just bought laptop MSI WS66 11UKT which came with pre installed Microsoft Windows 10 Home Single Language 64-bit Ver.2009.I want to upgrade the OS to Windows 10 Pro. But before that I want to make a clean install for it. I have Windows 10 Pro with DVD inside the...
  4. Upgrade Win 10 Home pre Installed to Win 10 Pro

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. WINDOWS 10 HOME/PRO INSTALL, UPGRADE

WINDOWS 10 HOME/PRO INSTALL, UPGRADE: Greetings, can someone, anyone please please help me????? I have had this HP laptop since Dec of of last year I bought it used and it was a CLEAN INSTALL laptop which means there was nothing installed on it so i had to reinstall like EVERYTHING.. My issue has been very nerve...
  6. upgrade win 10 home to pro without installing

upgrade win 10 home to pro without installing: I have windows 10 home single language 64 bit on my notebook...and I want to upgrade to windows 10 pro 64 bit after Insert the product key windows 10 pro...[ATTACH] please help me...
  7. Upgraded from Win 10 Home to Pro, Enterprise installed instead, asking for key which I...

Upgraded from Win 10 Home to Pro, Enterprise installed instead, asking for key which I...: Yesterday I upgraded from Windows 10 Home to Windows 10 Pro via the Windows Store. My original install was done when the upgrade from 7 to 10 was free way back when. Today when using my computer I got a notification to activate Windows. When I go to the activation screen in...
  8. Win 10 Upgrade Home to Pro

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Win 10 Upgrade Home to Pro: I have an ASUS laptop which came with Win 10 Home. It has been activated and working fine for more than a year. I need the remote Desktop, so I went to the MS Store and paid my $99 for an upgrade to Pro. Now Win won't activate, saying I don't have a valid license. Also it...
  9. Win 10 Home to Pro upgrade

Win 10 Home to Pro upgrade: How do I upgrade from Win 10 Home to Win 10 Pro with a digital Licence. The in structions say If you have a digital license for Windows 10 Pro, and Windows 10 Home is currently activated on your device, select Go to Microsoft Store and you'll be prompted to upgrade to...
  10. Install Win 7 Pro on Win 8.1 PC already upgraded to Win 10 Home

Install Win 7 Pro on Win 8.1 PC already upgraded to Win 10 Home: Hello Guys, On my laptop, I had Windows 8.1 Base/ Home pre installed. Then I updated the laptop to Windows 10 Home successfully. If I can now somehow buy a Windows 7 Pro license and install W7 Pro on this laptop and then upgrade it to W10. Will it then be a W10 Pro...