Windows 10: Upgrade to Pro with old Win7 OA key

Discus and support Upgrade to Pro with old Win7 OA key in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I have an old ThinkPad with a "Windows 7 Pro OA for Lenovo" sticker. The ThinkPad does not use Windows at the time. (It has no HDD/SSD at all at the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/deanerschnitzel, Dec 19, 2019.

1. Upgrade to Pro with old Win7 OA key

I have an old ThinkPad with a "Windows 7 Pro OA for Lenovo" sticker. The ThinkPad does not use Windows at the time. (It has no HDD/SSD at all at the moment) I also bought an Acer laptop with Windows 10 Home yesterday. They had neither Pro devices for 800€ or less nor Licences to sell at the shop. Can I upgrade the Acer to Pro using the old Win 7 Pro key?

submitted by /u/deanerschnitzel
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/deanerschnitzel, Dec 19, 2019
  2. Bansaw Win User

Can I use license key from old laptop, even if its "OA" ?

I have a broken old laptop.
    However, it does have one useful thing: a Win7 license key.
    Can I use this key to install Win7 on a desktop and upgrade to Win10?

The laptop authenticity sticker on the underside says its "Home Premium OA" and OA I think means its already activated. So I wonder if I have to "deactivate" it first before activating again?

Bansaw, Jan 6, 2020
  3. J.DD Win User
    Windows 7 Pro OA to Windows 10 Pro 64 bit

You'll have to do a clean install of 64 bit. Since you cant upgrade from 32 bit

But if Win7 Pro OA 64 bit was on it, it shouldnt have upgraded to 32 bit.

J.DD, Jan 6, 2020
  4. LeoBloom Win User

Upgrade to Pro with old Win7 OA key

Built new computer, running unactivated Win10 Home, have Win7 Pro key

I was initially thinking of buying a Win10 Home key, but I realized I still have a Win7 Pro key I purchased that I have never upgraded to Win10 and is not currently in use.

Two questions

• Can I use the Win7 key to activate Win10 (or is that no longer an option)
    • Will Win10 Home turn into Win10 Pro (assuming I can still use key)

LeoBloom, Jan 6, 2020
Thema:

Upgrade to Pro with old Win7 OA key

1. Upgrade to Pro with old Win7 OA key - Similar Threads - Upgrade Pro old

2. Upgrade from Win7 Pro to Win10 Pro fails

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Upgrade from Win7 Pro to Win10 Pro fails: Hi,I have a Dell Precision T3600 workstation running Win7 Pro. I bought a copy of Win10 Professional from the Microsoft store. But the update fails with error code: 0xC1900101 - 0x20017I have removed unnecessary software. I have checked that all my drivers are up to date in...
  3. Upgrade from Win7 Pro to Win10 Pro fails

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Upgrade from Win7 Pro to Win10 Pro fails: Hi,I have a Dell Precision T3600 workstation running Win7 Pro. I bought a copy of Win10 Professional from the Microsoft store. But the update fails with error code: 0xC1900101 - 0x20017I have removed unnecessary software. I have checked that all my drivers are up to date in...
  4. Windows 7 PRO oa

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 7 PRO oa: hello. I have a HP Elidesk 800 G1 USDT that has the windows 7 PRO OA license. I had to format the hard disk and i do not have a recover disk, i need to know if it is possible to get the windows 7 PRO OA installation as i have the product key. Thanks...
  5. Windows 7 PRO oa

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 7 PRO oa: hello. I have a HP Elidesk 800 G1 USDT that has the windows 7 PRO OA license. I had to format the hard disk and i do not have a recover disk, i need to know if it is possible to get the windows 7 PRO OA installation as i have the product key. Thanks...
  6. Win 7 Pro OA upgrade to Win 10

Win 7 Pro OA upgrade to Win 10: Hi, I'm trying to research as to whether my business can upgrade our Win 7 OA business specific client build to a version of Win 10. Is this still possible to do at no cost? We have tested both Win 10 and Linux, both work however more work is required for Linux however...
  7. Win7 Pro Retail upgraded free to Win10 Pro need my product key.......

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Win7 Pro Retail upgraded free to Win10 Pro need my product key.......: Hi, i built my pc years ago. Win7 Pro Retail upgraded free to Win10 Pro need my product key....... so i can reinstall fresh and start over. I cant find my retail box but the OS is registered and activated to me. How can i find this within my pc?...
  8. Win7 Pro to Win 10 Pro Upgrade stuck

Win7 Pro to Win 10 Pro Upgrade stuck: Hi - Trying to update Windows 7 Pro to Windows 10 Pro - using a full retail USB version of Win 10. Follow the instructions to boot from USB - typed in the Windows Key supplied - Chose the Upgrade keeping exisiting files option. Then get a message stating that update cannot be...
  9. No Key request during upgrade for Win7

No Key request during upgrade for Win7: Hello, I've upgrade a PC from Win7 to Win10 with a usb drive I created using the media creation tool. What confuses me is that I never got asked to enter a Win10 key. Do Win7 keys work for Win10? Or will I get a promt in a couple weeks saying that I need one?...
  10. Upgrading WAU'ed Win7 Pro System

Upgrading WAU'ed Win7 Pro System: I'm working on my plan to move to Windows 10 on the machine listed in my system specs by going through the upgrade process and then doing a clean install sometime later. My question: This PC came with Win7 Home Premium x64, and a couple of years back I upgraded it to Pro...