Windows 10: Upgrade to pro wont activate, thinks it is enterprise

Discus and support Upgrade to pro wont activate, thinks it is enterprise in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Just bought a Lenovo Legion with Windows home. Bought upgrade to pro and tried to install. Seemed to install, but would not activate. Now Microsoft... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by lawman111849, Sep 14, 2021.

1. Upgrade to pro wont activate, thinks it is enterprise

Just bought a Lenovo Legion with Windows home. Bought upgrade to pro and tried to install. Seemed to install, but would not activate. Now Microsoft thinks I have enterprise installed and won't activate, error: 0xC004C003. I can't set up anything because is says I am not activated. I tried to reset by reinstalling Windows, but it apparently installed enterprise.

:)

lawman111849, Sep 14, 2021

2. Windows 10 Home upgrade to Pro becomes not activated Enterprise?

This is the second time in a row where I've upgraded a PC from Windows 10 Home to Pro via the Microsoft Store on the machine. However, upon restarting I get the message that shows that Windows isn't activated and in the computer properties it shows that
    the machine is now Windows 10 Enterprise. Why is this occurring so often? How can an upgrade from Home to Pro suddenly become Enterprise, and on top of that, not activated? I'm paying for these upgrades, yet I'm not receiving them. Are there any steps that
    I must take to prevent this from happening? Is it inevitable?

Christopher Vela, Sep 14, 2021
  3. Enterprise activate

I was going by my "My Visual Studio Enterprise" subscription. It has since expired, but when active there were no Retail Keys listed for Enterprise, only MAK keys.

alphanumeric, Sep 14, 2021
  4. Gtr-Stosh Win User

Upgrade to pro wont activate, thinks it is enterprise

Upgrading Windows 10 Home to Enterprise

There is a lot of conflicting information on how you can and can't upgrade to Enterprise from a current Home edition.

I purchased a system about 2 years ago for business that came with Windows 10 Home by default. Pretty weird combo considering the specs of this system but is what it is.

I had attempted a previous suggestion to upgrade using a standard PRO key first which I did, but it wouldn't activiate and complained not valid. Took a bit to get back to it and Windows complaining about needing activation . So I tried entering our company
    Enterprise key again and voila, it now says Windows 10 Enterprise? Is it possible even though it wouldn't activate, the edition was recognized as PRO so the Enterpise key was then accepted?

My primary question: Will just rebooting give me the full Enterprise functionality or do I need to run any upgrade steps or install steps? I am attempting to avoid a full system reinstall and full applications reinstalls and configuration if I can.

GTR

Gtr-Stosh, Sep 14, 2021
Thema:

Upgrade to pro wont activate, thinks it is enterprise

1. Upgrade to pro wont activate, thinks it is enterprise - Similar Threads - Upgrade pro wont

2. Windows 11 Enterprise wont activate

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Enterprise wont activate: Hello.I purchased a laptop with Windows 11 Home. and I upgraded to Windows Pro by purchased Windows 11 Pro from Microsoft Store because I needed the laptop for work, but the upgrade comes with Windows 11 enterprise. But now Windows is not active Error code 0xC004C003 , what...
  3. Windows 11 Enterprise wont activate

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 Enterprise wont activate: Hello.I purchased a laptop with Windows 11 Home. and I upgraded to Windows Pro by purchased Windows 11 Pro from Microsoft Store because I needed the laptop for work, but the upgrade comes with Windows 11 enterprise. But now Windows is not active Error code 0xC004C003 , what...
  4. Windows 11 wont upgrade to Pro-Stuck in Enterprise

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 wont upgrade to Pro-Stuck in Enterprise: Hi Team,I purchased the upgrade from Windows 11 to Pro, paid my fees and now it will not activate the product. It is showing Windows 11 Enterprise...
  5. Windows 11 wont upgrade to Pro-Stuck in Enterprise

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 wont upgrade to Pro-Stuck in Enterprise: Hi Team,I purchased the upgrade from Windows 11 to Pro, paid my fees and now it will not activate the product. It is showing Windows 11 Enterprise...
  6. Upgraded to Windows 10 Pro, but upgrade thinks its Windows Enterprise from another Computer.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Upgraded to Windows 10 Pro, but upgrade thinks its Windows Enterprise from another Computer.: I hope someone can help. I've purchased a windows desktop a few months ago - prior to Purchase I confirmed that Windows Home was correctly activated. I just purchased an upgrade to windows 10 Pro from the App Store. Windows Tried to Update and failed. It now thinks "Edition...
  7. Upgrading to Pro -> Changed to Enterprise...

Upgrading to Pro -> Changed to Enterprise...: I tried to upgrade to Pro from Windows 10 Home SL. I have a license linked to my Microsoft account so I had an install option in the Store. I used this option. But now, the settings show Windows 10 Enterprise as the edition. Is this a problem? I don't have any Enterprise...
  8. Bought upgrade to Pro, got Enterprise which can't be activated

Bought upgrade to Pro, got Enterprise which can't be activated: Hi, I bought Lenovo laptop with preinstalled Windows 10 Home edition. In Microsoft Store bought upgrade to Pro. Now I ended up with edition reading Enterprise and unable to activate due to 0xC0004F025 error. What is very frustrating, I've got no product key to upgraded...
  9. Upgraded to Pro - It installed Enterprise - Won't activate

Upgraded to Pro - It installed Enterprise - Won't activate: I upgraded my Surface Go from Home to Pro that I purchased at the MS Store for $99. It downloaded and installed Enterprise. No key was sent and it won't activate. Tried to rollback to Home and it failed. Short of reformatting and purchasing a new hard copy, any fix?...
  10. Windows 10 Home upgrade to Pro becomes not activated Enterprise?

Windows 10 Home upgrade to Pro becomes not activated Enterprise?: This is the second time in a row where I've upgraded a PC from Windows 10 Home to Pro via the Microsoft Store on the machine. However, upon restarting I get the message that shows that Windows isn't activated and in the computer properties it shows that the machine is now...