Windows 10: Upgrade to pro

Discus and support Upgrade to pro in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; According to what I have read I have paid MS £83.33 for nothing only to have it installed on my old Sony Vaio laptop which lost its hard drive to a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by bobbbell, Dec 4, 2020.

1. bobbbell Win User

Upgrade to pro

According to what I have read I have paid MS £83.33 for nothing only to have it installed on my old Sony Vaio laptop which lost its hard drive to a virus and now I can't have it installed on my new laptop.?

You lot are getting as bad as Apple for charging.

:)

bobbbell, Dec 4, 2020

2. Can't upgrade from Windows 10 Home to Pro

Hi Bill,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. We apologize for the inconvenience caused and will assist you in the best possible ways.

I suggest you to download and create an installation media for Windows 10 Pro form the link provided below:

Download Windows 10

After the installation media is created, suggest you to upgrade to Windows 10 Pro from the installation media. When the upgrade asks for product key, enter the product key purchased for Windows 10 Pro. If it does not accept, suggest you to skip the activation
    step. After the Operating System is installed, suggest you to activate by phone by following the steps below:

• Press “Windows key + R” and type “slui 4” and press Enter.
    • Select the Region from the list and click Next.
    • Call the Toll-Free number provided on top and can activate via phone.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Dec 4, 2020
  3. YOU
    You Win User
    Advice required - Post Upgrade - Suspect Pro 2 is Bricked

Before try that, have tried resetting the UEFI options?

To reset the Surface Pro to the default UEFI settings, follow these steps:

• Press the Power button and the Volume Up button at same time while are starting the Surface Pro device.
    • Set Trusted Platform Module (TPM) to enabled.
    • Set Secure Boot Control to enabled.
    • Press Install Default Secure Boot keys.
    • Press Exit setup, and then save the changes.

4. Remon Ont Win User

Upgrade to pro

Windows 10 pro edition

Hello Raed,

For us to better assist you with your concern about upgrading to Windows 10 pro edition and how to roll back to Windows 7, we would like to know some additional information first:

• Did you get any error messages or error codes?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

To help you on upgrading your Windows 10 Home to Windows 10 Pro, we suggest that you check this

article
    for information and troubleshooting steps.

You can follow the steps provided below to be able to downgrade to Windows 7:

• Open Settings.
    • Select Update & security.
    • Click Recovery tab.
    • Look for the option to "Go back to Windows 7/8", and click on "Get Started" to begin the process.

Hope it helps. Let us know if you need further assistance.

Remon Ont, Dec 4, 2020
Thema:

Upgrade to pro

1. Upgrade to pro - Similar Threads - Upgrade pro

2. I want to upgrade to Windows 10 Pro for free but I can't find my product key.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    I want to upgrade to Windows 10 Pro for free but I can't find my product key.: I typed wmic path SoftwareLicensingService get OA3xOriginalProductKey on my command prompt but it doesn't give me my product key, can someone please help me, Thank you....
  3. Left click never worked since upgraded to windows 10 from windows 7 pro,tried lots of things!

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Left click never worked since upgraded to windows 10 from windows 7 pro,tried lots of things!: Hi,I have a samsung R519 laptop which was windows 7 pro and was spot on, had no problems ever with it,i even did not except the free upgrade until it been out for over a year as i knew stuff would not be compatible etc, after upgrade had several problems including ran...
  4. Upgrade to Windows 10 Pro from Windows 10 home using a digital license

Upgrade to Windows 10 Pro from Windows 10 home using a digital license: Hi, I need to upgrade my version of Windows 10 Home to Windows 10 Pro so that I can access the remote desktop connection feature. My edition is Windows 10 Home and my activation says Windows is activated with a digital license linked to my Microsoft account. But it looks...
  5. Cannot activate Windows 10 pro upgrade purchased from Windows Store

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Cannot activate Windows 10 pro upgrade purchased from Windows Store: Ipurchased Windows 10 pro installed as Enterpriseupgrade upgraded from Win 10 home from Microsoft Store on 1/6/21. Downloaded and installed with no problem. Supposed to be a digital activation, but that did not occur. Now I get daily reminders to activate before I can...
  6. WINDOWS 10 Pro upgrade purchased from Microsoft Store will not activate

WINDOWS 10 Pro upgrade purchased from Microsoft Store will not activate: Brought new Dell PC with Windows 10 Home installed 2 days ago. I immediately purchased Windows Pro 10 upgrade through Windows Store App. Paid for and downloaded no problem. Once done rebooted fine and joined the PC to the network domain. Next morning I find "TEST DISPLAY"...
  7. Windows 10 Pro upgrade

Windows 10 Pro upgrade: I previously had a surface pro laptop, I would like to use the digital Lisc. code to upgrade my desktop using that code, Is that possible? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-pro-upgrade/5e41ee43-e9cc-4596-9e92-eeb279586e2c
  8. How to upgrade from windows 10 home oem to pro

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to upgrade from windows 10 home oem to pro: I just got a new laptop and I'm trying to upgrade from Home 2004 oem to Pro with a key. I woiuld prefer not to have to do a clean install as I just finished setting it up. I've tried the media creation tool it doesn't give me the option to upgrade. I've also tried...
  9. Upgrade from Windows 10 Home to Windows 10 Pro

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Upgrade from Windows 10 Home to Windows 10 Pro: Greetings, On Jan. 14th 2020, I tried to upgrade my laptop from Windows 10 Home to Windows 10 Pro, from the Microsoft Store. I got a message saying "Something happened and we couldn't start the upgrade" see image. How can I resolve this issue? Thank you. [ATTACH]...
  10. someone else upgraded my win10 home to win10 pro. i think he opened the door for hacking....

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    someone else upgraded my win10 home to win10 pro. i think he opened the door for hacking....: Hello. I have been working on this a long time. About three years ago someone who lived here updated my pc from either win7 or win10 home to win10pro. settings>system>about shows win10 home. However, some items in the left vertical list of programs are different from...