Windows 10: Upgrade to W11.

Discus and support Upgrade to W11. in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Microsoft Healthcheck says my i7 6700 HQ is not supported for W11, but according to the list of compatible processors it is. Why the discrepancy?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by TerryByford, Oct 5, 2021.

1. Upgrade to W11.

Microsoft Healthcheck says my i7 6700 HQ is not supported for W11, but according to the list of compatible processors it is. Why the discrepancy?

:)

TerryByford, Oct 5, 2021
  2. Garyw Win User

Poodlefake hardware to Run W11 on MBR only computer

I just installed a new W11 Pro on my System 1 (listed in My Computers) which has an i5-7600 CPU. It installed with no warnings.

Upgrade to W11. [​IMG]

Whynot W11 recognizes the incorrect CPU but W11 doesn't seem to mind. I couldn't find any warnings anywhere that the VM is non -compliant. I had this running for a couple of hours before I realized that the VM wasn't part of the insider program. I added it to the insider program and still no warnings.

I have W11 VM that boots on a mbr setup and that one displays a warning that the system is not compatable:

Upgrade to W11. [​IMG]

Garyw, Oct 5, 2021
  3. swarfega Win User
    preparing to upgrade

You can try following this guide. I suggest either step 4 or step 7.

swarfega, Oct 5, 2021
  4. Upgrade to W11.

Video card or RAM need upgrading?

Memtest: no errors after 10 hrs.
    I'm going to perform the Primetest, later on. Get back to you on that.
    I'm going to take it step by step, guys. I need to find the problem with this current computer. I might have to upgrade some components, so that it is still runnable. As for the new one, yes....i will build on it later. I need to find something decent 'gaming experience', all suggestions appreciated. THanks.

itsmeitsme, Oct 5, 2021
Thema:

Upgrade to W11.

1. Upgrade to W11. - Similar Threads - Upgrade W11

2. upgraded pc mobo and cpu change now W11 will not activate

in Windows 10 Gaming
    upgraded pc mobo and cpu change now W11 will not activate: OK so I upgraded from win10 to win11 about 12 months or so ago so my account has a 'digital licence' but I've just made a major upgrade on my mb cpu ram and gpu am4 to am5 and now windows just will not activate. I'm signed in to my account, the digital licence is associated...
  3. upgraded pc mobo and cpu change now W11 will not activate

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    upgraded pc mobo and cpu change now W11 will not activate: OK so I upgraded from win10 to win11 about 12 months or so ago so my account has a 'digital licence' but I've just made a major upgrade on my mb cpu ram and gpu am4 to am5 and now windows just will not activate. I'm signed in to my account, the digital licence is associated...
  4. Ctrl + V shortcut disabled since upgrade from W10 22H2 to W11 22H2

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ctrl + V shortcut disabled since upgrade from W10 22H2 to W11 22H2: Hello,I'm here because i tried everything i saw on internet, the issue is :Ctrl + V shortcut and only this one is not working anymore since i updated my W10 22H2 from W11 22H2.- I updated it to 23H2 after and this did not change anything.- I tried to reboot my computer on...
  5. Ctrl + V shortcut disabled since upgrade from W10 22H2 to W11 22H2

Ctrl + V shortcut disabled since upgrade from W10 22H2 to W11 22H2: Hello,I'm here because i tried everything i saw on internet, the issue is :Ctrl + V shortcut and only this one is not working anymore since i updated my W10 22H2 from W11 22H2.- I updated it to 23H2 after and this did not change anything.- I tried to reboot my computer on...
  6. W11 Pro Upgrade Sign Into Work Account Issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    W11 Pro Upgrade Sign Into Work Account Issue: Hello,I have upgraded from windows 11 to windows 11 pro. However, under accounts I am not able to sign in directly to a work account. It will only let me add home accounts. I can add a business account under the access work or school, but this is not a full windows sign in....
  7. W11 Pro Upgrade Sign Into Work Account Issue

W11 Pro Upgrade Sign Into Work Account Issue: Hello,I have upgraded from windows 11 to windows 11 pro. However, under accounts I am not able to sign in directly to a work account. It will only let me add home accounts. I can add a business account under the access work or school, but this is not a full windows sign in....
  8. Why does upgrading to W11 from W10 degrade startup performance significantly?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does upgrading to W11 from W10 degrade startup performance significantly?: On an Acer laptop, I upgraded to W11 from W10 after several "suggestion" messages from Microsoft to do that. Big mistake. Bootup now takes significantly longer as well as intermittent sluggishness on the internet. Sorry I upgraded. Is there any easy fix to this?...
  9. Why does upgrading to W11 from W10 degrade startup performance significantly?

Why does upgrading to W11 from W10 degrade startup performance significantly?: On an Acer laptop, I upgraded to W11 from W10 after several "suggestion" messages from Microsoft to do that. Big mistake. Bootup now takes significantly longer as well as intermittent sluggishness on the internet. Sorry I upgraded. Is there any easy fix to this?...
  10. W11 home to pro upgrade is not possible in Japan?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    W11 home to pro upgrade is not possible in Japan?: I have W11 home PC, and would like to upgrade it to pro. I followed the MS guide and reached the MS store. But I cannot change the country to Japan. Country selection column is glayed out and US seems to be the only option....