Windows 10: Upgrade to Win 10 - Go Back to Win 7 Question

Discus and support Upgrade to Win 10 - Go Back to Win 7 Question in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I had set up a dual boot with Win 7 and clean install of Win 10, with Win 10 on a separate SSD. Never registered Win 10. I removed the Win 10 SSD... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by DasDonster, Feb 20, 2016.

1. Upgrade to Win 10 - Go Back to Win 7 Question

I had set up a dual boot with Win 7 and clean install of Win 10, with Win 10 on a separate SSD. Never registered Win 10.

I removed the Win 10 SSD from my case. Went back to single boot Win 7.

Now my question is...

Would there be a problem (with Microsoft) if I upgrade 7 to 10 and register it, go back to 7 within 30 days, then upgrade back to 10?

Thank you in advance!

:)

DasDonster, Feb 20, 2016

2. upgrade to win.10

Hi there, my question is .. if I upgrade to win.10 and for some reason I do not like it, can I go back to win.8.1 , win.7 version???

best regards.

Andreas.HK, Feb 20, 2016
  3. MarkGPz Win User
    Win 7 OEM to 10 upgrade, will Retail key be allowed

Last question. My free Win 10 upgrade is less than 30 days old. Can I go back to my original OEM Win 7 Pro?

If so, I found a Win 7 Pro Retail copy for very cheap. Can I then use this to Retail Win 7 Pro to update my OEM Win 7 Pro, move to new machine and afterwards get free win 10 upgrade with my complete system moved ??

MarkGPz, Feb 20, 2016
  4. davidhk Win User

Upgrade to Win 10 - Go Back to Win 7 Question

RE : Would there be a problem (with Microsoft) if I upgrade 7 to 10 and register it, go back to 7 within 30 days, then upgrade back to 10?

As long as you have upgraded from Win 7 to Win 10 and activated, your Win 10 is digital entitled.
    You can go back to Win 7 afterwards and then return to Win 10. There won't be any problem. Activation is still automatic.

davidhk, Feb 20, 2016
  5. Sweet! Thank you so much davidhk for your quick response!

DasDonster, Feb 20, 2016
  6. davidhk Win User
    You are welcome.
    If no other questions related to the original topic, please mark your thread as Solved.
    Thank you.

davidhk, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Upgrade to Win 10 - Go Back to Win 7 Question

1. Upgrade to Win 10 - Go Back to Win 7 Question - Similar Threads - Upgrade Question

2. A Question About Upgrading From Windows 10 to 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    A Question About Upgrading From Windows 10 to 11: I don't plan to upgrade right now but I now inevitably I'll have to, and I have a specific question that's been on my mind in regards to the shift. I'm on Windows 10 Pro so I assume the upgrade will automatically bring me to Windows 11 Pro, and not HomeI read somewhere, and...
  3. A Question About Upgrading From Windows 10 to 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    A Question About Upgrading From Windows 10 to 11: I don't plan to upgrade right now but I now inevitably I'll have to, and I have a specific question that's been on my mind in regards to the shift. I'm on Windows 10 Pro so I assume the upgrade will automatically bring me to Windows 11 Pro, and not HomeI read somewhere, and...
  4. Question on Upgrade to Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Question on Upgrade to Windows 11: I have a PC running Windows 10 Home and I am interested in upgrading to Windows 11. Windows 10 was installed for free by Microsoft as an upgrade to the existing Windows 7 on this PC. I have only the Windows 7 product key. The issue is that the PC is non-compliant for Windows...
  5. Question on Upgrade to Windows 11

Question on Upgrade to Windows 11: I have a PC running Windows 10 Home and I am interested in upgrading to Windows 11. Windows 10 was installed for free by Microsoft as an upgrade to the existing Windows 7 on this PC. I have only the Windows 7 product key. The issue is that the PC is non-compliant for Windows...
  6. Warranty question regarding upgrading windows from home to professional.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Warranty question regarding upgrading windows from home to professional.: Hi,If i want to buy a product key from bitcodes.co that allows me to go from windows home to windows pro, will the warranty be voided?https://bitcodes.co/product/windows-11-pro-retail-key/...
  7. Warranty question regarding upgrading windows from home to professional.

Warranty question regarding upgrading windows from home to professional.: Hi,If i want to buy a product key from bitcodes.co that allows me to go from windows home to windows pro, will the warranty be voided?https://bitcodes.co/product/windows-11-pro-retail-key/...
  8. Windows 10 / 11 Licensing question for upgrading my PC

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 / 11 Licensing question for upgrading my PC: I have an aging Acer PC that will need replacing over the coming year or so due to not being able to take Windows 11 no TPM at all and unsupported processor error from the Health Check app. When it was new, it came with an OEM installation of Windows Vista.When Windows 8 or...
  9. Windows 10 / 11 Licensing question for upgrading my PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 / 11 Licensing question for upgrading my PC: I have an aging Acer PC that will need replacing over the coming year or so due to not being able to take Windows 11 no TPM at all and unsupported processor error from the Health Check app. When it was new, it came with an OEM installation of Windows Vista.When Windows 8 or...
  10. Windows 10 / 11 Licensing question for upgrading my PC