Windows 10: upgrade to win 10 pro without reinstalling OS

Discus and support upgrade to win 10 pro without reinstalling OS in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello Have win 10 home, but my x64 softwares cant handle all memory. Win 10 home has limits in x64 software. Want to upgrade to pro, but rather not... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by bozolland, Dec 5, 2018.

1. bozolland Win User

upgrade to win 10 pro without reinstalling OS

Hello

Have win 10 home, but my x64 softwares cant handle all memory. Win 10 home has limits in x64 software. Want to upgrade to pro, but rather not re-install all sofwares. Is there any way to upgrade to pro and keep basic structure in computer?
    Regards/Bo

:)

bozolland, Dec 5, 2018

2. Win 10mmpro PAID FOR upgrade eed to reinstallfree upgraded to win 10, then later paid for the upgtrade to win 10 pro. Now I need to reinstall win 10 pro

I free upgraded to win 10, later PAID for upgrade to win 10 pro. Now I need to reinstall-same computer....Suggestions from anyone about how to do this efficiently? Thanks!

Grace Ahny, Dec 5, 2018
  3. pb1313 Win User
    Reinstall Win 10 Pro?

Had to reinstall my OS. Prior OS was Win 10 Pro. I went back to the manufacturer's original install disks (Win 8) attempting to preserve the hard drive partitions the laptop came with. Performed all MS updates. Then used a Win 8.1 Pro upgrade disk
    to try to update that installation--went ok, but wouldn't recognize my wireless adapter and so it was never activated or updated itself. So I used a media installation USB drive to install Win 10, with CD code for Win 10 Pro. But I only get Win 10 Home.
    Any way to resolve this so I can have Win 10 Pro again?

pb1313, Dec 5, 2018
  4. upgrade to win 10 pro without reinstalling OS

OS reinstall needed after upgrading CPU?

You didn't understand it at all... You think that SSE matters me most... I want to know the behavior of the OS if it really knows that it is a different CPU and energy saving, Speed Step, Core Boost features also work... as on Penryn not Merom... Bitwise the bitset flags for cpu are compatible... therefor they work...

Same could be also seen when upgrading to Bulldozer from older K10.5 gen, as it also introduces new instruction sets and features...

So again... I want a solid answer.

Yes - I've replaced CPU benched, after OS reinstall it benched faster and Battery lasted longer etc...

NO - OS reinstall isn't need, M$ are cool cats and their win 7 OS is aware of fundamental hardware changes.

Ferrum Master, Dec 5, 2018
Thema:

upgrade to win 10 pro without reinstalling OS

1. upgrade to win 10 pro without reinstalling OS - Similar Threads - upgrade pro without

2. Reinstalling Win 10 Pro

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Reinstalling Win 10 Pro: My C Drive is corrupted. I have my original Win 10 Pro stick and Key card can I just reinstall it or can I install it on a new HD- preferred?I have tried doing a reinstall through System Restore but it only get part way and say it is unable to do so as something is stopping...
  3. Reinstalling Win 10 Pro

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Reinstalling Win 10 Pro: My C Drive is corrupted. I have my original Win 10 Pro stick and Key card can I just reinstall it or can I install it on a new HD- preferred?I have tried doing a reinstall through System Restore but it only get part way and say it is unable to do so as something is stopping...
  4. Reinstalling Win 10 Pro

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. reinstall win 10 pro

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    reinstall win 10 pro: Hello i have 2 pc's with win 10 pro installed from previous windows editions. The first PC had win 7 pro and i moved to win 10 pro through and update at 2014, the second had win 8.1 pro and i updated to win 10 pro same way at 2014 again. now that i need to add a new hard disk...
  6. win 10 to pro upgrade reinstall

win 10 to pro upgrade reinstall: Purchased Win 10 Pro upgrade from MS store. HD crashed. Reformatted HD. Can't figure out how to reinstall Pro upgrade. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/win-10-to-pro-upgrade-reinstall/29a87778-4144-454c-9bb3-b86900d705af
  7. upgrade win 10 home to pro without installing

upgrade win 10 home to pro without installing: I have windows 10 home single language 64 bit on my notebook...and I want to upgrade to windows 10 pro 64 bit after Insert the product key windows 10 pro...[ATTACH] please help me...
  8. Win 10 Home OS Upgrade to Win 10 Pro

Win 10 Home OS Upgrade to Win 10 Pro: I have paid for and attempted to install Win 10 Pro upgrade. All seemed well, however, after installation I appear to have Win 10 Enterprise, which of course will not Activate digitally!! Error code is 0xC004F211 My Microsoft store receipt clearly states I have...
  9. Win 10 not upgrading to Pro after reinstall

Win 10 not upgrading to Pro after reinstall: Hi all, I had to reinstall my OS after a hard disk crash, I re-installed by downloading again the original setup from Dell. That's all working. The problem is I had upgraded my OS from Home to Pro before the crash, but my PC has not upgraded itself to the Pro version...
  10. Reinstall Win 10 Pro from Win 8.1 upgrade.

Reinstall Win 10 Pro from Win 8.1 upgrade.: Hey, guys. I bought the Win 8 Pro (64bits) then it upgraded to Win 8.1 and finally to 10 Pro (64 bits) through the free Win 10 upgrade... The Win 10 is installed on a 1TB Black Caviar. Recently bought an Kingston A400 480GB, and want to install the Win 10 on that. How...