Windows 10: Upgrade to Win10 possible for Nexlink Carbon 4200 laptop?

Discus and support Upgrade to Win10 possible for Nexlink Carbon 4200 laptop? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have an old Nexlink Carbon 4200 laptop that is still running Windows Vista. Can it be upgraded to Windows 10? Specs: hard drive: wdc wd1600bevs-00at0... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by jk000, Aug 16, 2021.

1. jk000 Win User

Upgrade to Win10 possible for Nexlink Carbon 4200 laptop?

I have an old Nexlink Carbon 4200 laptop that is still running Windows Vista. Can it be upgraded to Windows 10? Specs: hard drive: wdc wd1600bevs-00at0 ata device ram: 2.96 gb system type: 32 bit And can this laptop be upgraded to ssd or at least a newer hdd? I can't seem to find any information or manual for this laptop. Thank you for any help with this.

:)

jk000, Aug 16, 2021
  2. silkstone Win User

Possible to upgrade laptop?

Hi guys,

I'm running the laptop in my sig, but it is starting to feel a little underpowered for some tasks. I was wondering whether it would be possible to upgrade to something like a i7-740m proccessor?

My laptop specs are in the link here

as you can see, there are different models with different processors, so even though mine is a 330M, one would assume it could be changed to any of those other cpus listed, correct?

the 740m is not listed and has a power draw of 45w (over 35w for my i3) would this be a problem?

Any advice is appreciated

silkstone, Aug 16, 2021
  3. wee_ones Win User
    Win10 Anniversary upgrade

Hello - I'm trying to upgrade to the Win10 Anniversary on a client's laptop. The laptop previously had Symantec Endpoint Protection, but it was removed before the free upgrade was performed from win7 home edition. The copy of SEP was not compatible with
    the upgrade to Win10, but it was supposedly successfully removed.

Now the Anniversary upgrade stops and reports that it can't continue due to incompatibility with SEP. I've checked the startup, there's no SEP listed, there's no active SEP components listed under the task manager, and I'm unable to manually remove registry
    keys through the regedit program.

So: would it be possible to:

Roll back to the previous win edition, reinstall SEP, then remove SEP, and upgrade to Win10 again?

Manually edit the registry (assuming that I can find the offending key(s)) so the installation can complete?

I don't have access to the latest copy of clean wipe, so I'm not sure that would help.

Please provide any suggestions and thanks in advance

Bill

wee_ones, Aug 16, 2021
  4. dalchina Win User

Win 7 to Ultimate - upgrade still possible to Win10 ?

Upgrade to Windows 10 | Tutorials

- best read carefully...

and you will find

dalchina, Aug 16, 2021
Thema:

1. Upgrade to Win10 possible for Nexlink Carbon 4200 laptop? - Similar Threads - Upgrade Win10 possible

2. Possible to stop window upgrade auto for win10?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Possible to stop window upgrade auto for win10?: I would like to know on whether it is possible to stop window upgrade auto for win10 or notDoes anyone have any suggestions?Thanks in advance https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/possible-to-stop-window-upgrade-auto-for-win10/fd126ac1-2e1c-4390-9d36-ef958cfa4f0d
  3. Possible to stop window upgrade auto for win10?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Possible to stop window upgrade auto for win10?: I would like to know on whether it is possible to stop window upgrade auto for win10 or notDoes anyone have any suggestions?Thanks in advance https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/possible-to-stop-window-upgrade-auto-for-win10/fd126ac1-2e1c-4390-9d36-ef958cfa4f0d
  4. Possible to stop window upgrade auto for win10?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. in-place upgrade is not possible on Win10 1809 to 20H2

in-place upgrade is not possible on Win10 1809 to 20H2: Hello all, I am stuck with in-place upgrade of Win10 1809 x64 Enterprise. to Win10 20H2 x64 Enterprise on HP laptops with Thunderbolt port. A desktops are not affected. It is basically the same issue as here I see the same error in setup.exe GUI during pre-installation...
  6. Upgrade old laptop to Win10

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Upgrade old laptop to Win10: I have an older laptop (Dell L501X) that was originally Win 7 Home (the Win7 serial number is still on it) that was upgraded to Win10 during the free upgrade period (or some such). That was about 4 years ago. The hard drive crashed and I am getting a new drive and want to...
  7. MInimalist win10 possibility

in Windows 10 Support
    MInimalist win10 possibility: I had been reluctant to upgrade my win7 system since it has so many tweaks that make the interface look just like win98, which is something I prefer. Then I remembered I had an old 8.1 pro key still in the box so last weekend I cloned the win7 system to a backup disk and did...
  8. Win 7 to Ultimate - upgrade still possible to Win10 ?

Win 7 to Ultimate - upgrade still possible to Win10 ?: I started with Win 7 Home Premium 64 bit then upgraded to Ultimate some time ago however it's getting slower so would like to upgrade to Win 10. I know the free upgrade offer expired some time ago so wondering if it's still possible ? Not a techie.... 122701
  9. $99 Win10 Pro upgrade transfer possible?

$99 Win10 Pro upgrade transfer possible?: I have a 3 year old Lenovo laptop that came with Windows 10 Home preinstalled, about 6 months ago I purchased the $99 Pro upgrade and now the laptop has died. I believe the digital license is tied to my microsoft account. Can I install Win10 Pro on my new laptop (with Win10...
  10. Reformat upgraded win10 laptop

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Reformat upgraded win10 laptop: Good day! I have a laptop that started with Windows 8. Then I upgraded to 8.1 then to 10 after the update was offered. However, I hate the bloatware included with the laptop for it takes quite some time for the laptop to be fully functional (normal Asus bloatware + VPN +...