Windows 10: Upgrade to Win10 using previous upgrade key

Discus and support Upgrade to Win10 using previous upgrade key in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I upgraded from Win 7 to Win 10 2 years ago when MSoft was giving out free upgrade keys. Used Win 10 for 6 months and then my PC was bricked by a May... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by CDebs, Nov 7, 2019.

1. CDebs Win User

Upgrade to Win10 using previous upgrade key

I upgraded from Win 7 to Win 10 2 years ago when MSoft was giving out free upgrade keys. Used Win 10 for 6 months and then my PC was bricked by a May 2017 update which necessitated recovering back to Windows 7. I still have that key on the PC. Can I use it to upgrade the same PC again? Thanks

:)

CDebs, Nov 7, 2019
  2. wee_ones Win User

Win10 Anniversary upgrade

Hello - I'm trying to upgrade to the Win10 Anniversary on a client's laptop. The laptop previously had Symantec Endpoint Protection, but it was removed before the free upgrade was performed from win7 home edition. The copy of SEP was not compatible with
    the upgrade to Win10, but it was supposedly successfully removed.

Now the Anniversary upgrade stops and reports that it can't continue due to incompatibility with SEP. I've checked the startup, there's no SEP listed, there's no active SEP components listed under the task manager, and I'm unable to manually remove registry
    keys through the regedit program.

So: would it be possible to:

Roll back to the previous win edition, reinstall SEP, then remove SEP, and upgrade to Win10 again?

Manually edit the registry (assuming that I can find the offending key(s)) so the installation can complete?

I don't have access to the latest copy of clean wipe, so I'm not sure that would help.

Please provide any suggestions and thanks in advance

Bill

wee_ones, Nov 7, 2019
  3. Upgrade licence key to WIN10 online

Hi,

I installed WIN10 Pro Preview a couple of month ago to my step father computer. The Preview is getting to expiration and I try to make him upgrade to WIN10 (hard thing cause I'm not living in the same country as him).

The thing is, when he try to install WIN10 with the installer tool and try to enter the licence under his computer which is initially for WIN7 it doesn't work.

So I guess the best thing would be to install WIN7 back and upgrade but sounds not like the simpliest thing.

Is there a way to upgrade the licence key online ? Or can we call the support for software to ask them to upgrade the key ?

ThiebaNono, Nov 7, 2019
  4. Upgrade to Win10 using previous upgrade key

Win10 Upgrade

Hi,
    KeithHover
    . If you're still getting this error code, try the troubleshooting steps found below and let us know how it goes:

• Disable (preferrably uninstall) your Antivirus utility before attempting the upgrade.
    • Disable General USB Devices (example - Smart Card Reader).
    • Do a clean boot and try again.
    • If you are upgrading using the .ISO file, disconnect from the Internet during setup, if you are connected by LAN (Ethernet) or Wi-Fi, disable both and attempt setup again.
    • If you are updating through Windows Update, when the download reaches 100% disconnect from the Internet LAN (Ethernet) or Wi-Fi and proceed with the installation.
    • If that does not work, try using the .ISO file to upgrade if possible.
    • If you are connected to a domain, switch to a local account.
    • If you have any external devices attached to the machine, disconnect them (example, USB keys, external hard disk, printers, non-essential devices).
    How
    to: upgrade from previous versions of Windows using Windows 10 ISO file

How
    to download official Windows 10 ISO files

Regards,

#OneMSFT

periwinkle_28, Nov 7, 2019
Thema:

Upgrade to Win10 using previous upgrade key

1. Upgrade to Win10 using previous upgrade key - Similar Threads - Upgrade Win10 using

2. Invalid Key upgrade from Win10 to Win10 Pro

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Invalid Key upgrade from Win10 to Win10 Pro: I purchased a PC from Dell in December of 2020, and recently upgraded from WIndows 10 to Windows 10 Enterprise using the link provided by Microsoft that was processed through the store. There were no third party vendors, and I did not receive an updated key from Microsoft....
  3. win7 upgrade to win10 using USB

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    win7 upgrade to win10 using USB: my motherboard failed and I installed a new MB. My HD has win7 loaded and I am trying to upgrade using a USB drive. I get a message say I cant upgrade from USB I need to boot from HD. I can't because new MB is a Z390 and wont recognize the USB ports so I can log on to Win7...
  4. Upgrading win10

Upgrading win10: Created new install after failure. Everything was fine until the upgrade to 1909. Now on startup, the first start screen shows but the second does not. When I click and get the PIN screen the field is grayed out and will not take the pin....
  5. win10 upgrade

win10 upgrade: Me hi, i would like to upgrade one of our business pc s which run win7 pro to win10 in order to test and verify if some of the 3rd party apps which we use will run properly. we have office including access on the computer. how do i get the win 10 download and how do i get the...
  6. Upgrading to Win10

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Upgrading to Win10: I have several related questions, so I'm hoping someone can answer at least part of them. Here's my situation: I have Win7 (ultimate retail) installed as my primary OS. I am hesitant to use this particular license to upgrade to Win10. I have a Win8 Pro (upgrade) license,...
  7. re-use of Win7 upgrade dvds after Win10 upgrade

in Windows 10 Support
    re-use of Win7 upgrade dvds after Win10 upgrade: I have some Win 7 upgrade dvds from Microsoft, previously used on pc's that have now been upgraded to Win 10. Q: Can I use a Win 7 upgrade on an old Win XP unit ? Will it be refused as an already used key ? What I am aiming to accomplish is after getting the XP machine...
  8. win10 upgrade stuck at key request

win10 upgrade stuck at key request: I have three computers in family that were given upgrades on the win7 family plan. One was just informed it was eligible for win10 upgrade. I think I made the mistake of custom install (for a clean install) instead of an upgrade and, related to other problems with windows...
  9. Upgrade WIN10?

Upgrade WIN10?: I have installed Win10. I got Win10Home 32 bit. I'm pretty sure I had 64bit Win8.1 but it's gone now so I can't check. Is it possible to upgrade to Win10 Pro 64bit? John 22961
  10. Using Win7 product key after upgrading to Win10?

Using Win7 product key after upgrading to Win10?: I'm wondering, if after upgrading a PC to windows 10, can I use the old Windows 7 product key to install windows 7 on another PC? 19592

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Upgrade from W10 RS2 to W10 creators