Windows 10: Upgrade to Win10 with a DualBoot

Discus and support Upgrade to Win10 with a DualBoot in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi, I currently have a dualboot on my PC Win8.1 and Ubuntu and I would like to force the upgrade to Win10 with the MediaCreationTool. I'm... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by jacjaco, Aug 12, 2015.

1. jacjaco Win User

Upgrade to Win10 with a DualBoot

Hi,

I currently have a dualboot on my PC Win8.1 and Ubuntu and I would like to force the upgrade to Win10 with the MediaCreationTool.

I'm wondering if my dualboot will create some problems or if the MediaCreationTool will recognise my Win8.1 partition and just upgrade it without any issues ?

Thanks =)

:)

jacjaco, Aug 12, 2015

2. Problem with playing audio on external media player

Hi, Thanks for the answer although I don't understand why I should seek for a solution at the Dune site or in connecting the player directly to the PC. (how ?). This is because I have a dualboot with Win7 and Win10. It was first a dualboot with W7 and W8.1
    W8.1 is updated to W10.

Both W7 and W8.1 worked without any problem with the network on the Dune.

After the upgrade it doesn't work with W10.

So IMO the fault should be in W10 and not in the Dune.

(W7 still works without a problem on the Dune !)

I compared the settings for networking and checked the settings,

but couldbn't find the solution after making the network settings in W10 the same as in W7.

Probably there is a setting I miss.......

kind regards,

Aart Nienhus

Eye of Horus, Aug 12, 2015
  3. Windows 10 upgrade and UEFI GRUB

I'm currently dualbooting Lubuntu and Win 7 Home Premium. Will GRUB cause any difficulties during the Win 10 upgrade process?

Cheremenin, Aug 12, 2015
Thema:

Upgrade to Win10 with a DualBoot

1. Upgrade to Win10 with a DualBoot - Similar Threads - Upgrade Win10 DualBoot

2. WHY REMOVE DUALBOOT

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WHY REMOVE DUALBOOT: I use ubuntu as i link it alot more than spying companies like MS Now you FORCE a update and remove dualboot!!!!WHY??? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-remove-dualboot/bab1c6ed-6a4d-48cb-8b5e-66f9604899fd
  3. WHY REMOVE DUALBOOT

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    WHY REMOVE DUALBOOT: I use ubuntu as i link it alot more than spying companies like MS Now you FORCE a update and remove dualboot!!!!WHY??? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-remove-dualboot/bab1c6ed-6a4d-48cb-8b5e-66f9604899fd
  4. DualBoot Windows 10

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    DualBoot Windows 10: i have hdd with windows 10 installed on it and i just got myself a ssd today since there's still some data left on my old windows i chose to dualboot my windows installation on my ssd so it's much easier to move my data later on. but something weird happened, the system drive...
  5. Upgrading win10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Upgrading win10: Created new install after failure. Everything was fine until the upgrade to 1909. Now on startup, the first start screen shows but the second does not. When I click and get the PIN screen the field is grayed out and will not take the pin....
  6. win10 upgrade

win10 upgrade: Me hi, i would like to upgrade one of our business pc s which run win7 pro to win10 in order to test and verify if some of the 3rd party apps which we use will run properly. we have office including access on the computer. how do i get the win 10 download and how do i get the...
  7. Upgrading to Win10

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Upgrading to Win10: I have several related questions, so I'm hoping someone can answer at least part of them. Here's my situation: I have Win7 (ultimate retail) installed as my primary OS. I am hesitant to use this particular license to upgrade to Win10. I have a Win8 Pro (upgrade) license,...
  8. rEFInd with dualboot Win8 - Win10 and Linux

rEFInd with dualboot Win8 - Win10 and Linux: Does anyone know how to get rEFInd to recognise Windows 10? Currently it just ignores Windows 10 and boots in Windows. Halfway into the Windows booting, an MS screen (blue) appears asking me to choose between two different Windows 8.1 installations. One of them is in fact...
  9. Upgrade WIN10?

Upgrade WIN10?: I have installed Win10. I got Win10Home 32 bit. I'm pretty sure I had 64bit Win8.1 but it's gone now so I can't check. Is it possible to upgrade to Win10 Pro 64bit? John 22961
  10. Installed Win7 as dualboot. Now Win10 won't boot due to corruption

Installed Win7 as dualboot. Now Win10 won't boot due to corruption: Here's what I did to get this issue: - With EasyBCD, create new entry on newly shrinked and partioned HDD space for Win7 - Install Win7 from USB - On the first reboot of the install, the pc boots from the USB again as if its forgotten that it just initialized win7. - I...