Windows 10: Upgrade to windows 10 1909 from windows 7. Clean install. Now little to no network

Discus and support Upgrade to windows 10 1909 from windows 7. Clean install. Now little to no network in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; why can in not talk to customer support direct? I now have 2 desk tower pc which I cant use due to this network issue send me a fix. And before you... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by chrislewis-brown, May 6, 2020.

1. Upgrade to windows 10 1909 from windows 7. Clean install. Now little to no network

why can in not talk to customer support direct? I now have 2 desk tower pc which I cant use due to this network issue send me a fix.

And before you start, yes complete clean install 6 hours later no more updates to install, re-started safe mode with networking and I can just about browse the web. nothing else is installed as it all just times out, I can't even log in with my microsoft account details as it times out! To say i'm a little disappointed at customer service is an understatement.

:)

chrislewis-brown, May 6, 2020

2. Installing Windows 10 using Windows 7 key

Nope, you need to install Windows 10 first and make sure the Windows 7 key is transferred to your Windows account after you've installed Windows 10 (not quite sure how that works). I missed the last step and I could not activate Windows 10 after a re-install... Microsoft seem to have done everything they can to make it a PITA. Also, it's technically too late to do this now anyhow, as the upgrade offer has expired. But KMSPico works quite well...

As for getting rid of Windows, delete the Windows folder.

TheLostSwede, May 6, 2020
  3. Clean Windows 10 (?PRO?) install

I have bought a legit "Windows 10 Pro" key of a key website. It is legit since i'm currently using it for over a year now. I currently have Windows 10 Pro installed on my PC and I want to do a clean install. I just can't find the windows 10 Pro download in the tool. But if i could use a windows 10 pro key with a normal windows 10 install, I'll be good to go.

JeroenBeunckens, May 6, 2020
  4. Upgrade to windows 10 1909 from windows 7. Clean install. Now little to no network

Clean Install Workaround for Vista

You may remember this news story on techPowerUp! a couple of days ago relating to the lack of clean installs when using the Upgrade Editions of Vista, which required an old OS to be installed. However, Paul Thurrott has managed to find a workaround for this issue, which ironically lets users do a clean install Vista without any previous version of Windows, albeit a little tedious. Here are the steps:
    • Boot from the Windows Vista Upgrade DVD as normal
    • When prompted for a product code, leave this blank
    • Select the version of Vista you have purchased and let Vista install
    • When you boot to your desktop for the first time, run the Vista setup from Windows
    • This time enter your product key
    • When asked whether you want to do an Upgrade of Custom install, select custom and choose a clean install
    • Windows will now install for a second time and you should be able to activate it
    Remember, these steps are only advised for use in order to achieve a clean install of Vista, it is only legal to use the upgrade editions if you have previously purchased the appropriate version of Windows.

Source: DailyTech

Jimmy 2004, May 6, 2020
Thema:

Upgrade to windows 10 1909 from windows 7. Clean install. Now little to no network

1. Upgrade to windows 10 1909 from windows 7. Clean install. Now little to no network - Similar Threads - Upgrade 1909 Clean

2. Upgrading from windows 7 pro to windows 10 pro meaning clean installation of windows 10 ?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Upgrading from windows 7 pro to windows 10 pro meaning clean installation of windows 10 ?: If i install on my pc windows 7 pro and then upgrading to windows 10 pro does it like a clean windows 10 installation ?The reason is that i installed new clean windows 10 installation but since then i can't play battlefield bad company 2 it crash after the logo and there is...
  3. How to clean install Windows 10 with license from Windows 7 Enterprise upgrade?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to clean install Windows 10 with license from Windows 7 Enterprise upgrade?: I have a PC that was previously running Windows 7 Enterprise, and a few years ago it was upgraded to Windows 10 Enterprise using the free upgrade program. Is there a way to do a clean install on this machine without having the Windows 10 Enterprise KMS or MAK key? I no longer...
  4. Clean install Windows 10 after upgraded from win 7 to 10

Clean install Windows 10 after upgraded from win 7 to 10: My Dad said he wanted a fresh install of windows 10, he previously has upgraded from win 7 to 10. I have already prepared an installation media with the media creation tool but it was done on my old pc and I selected to upgrade for another pc / ISO creation rather than...
  5. Is Windows 10 1909 safe to upgrade from 1809 now?

in Windows 10 Support
    Is Windows 10 1909 safe to upgrade from 1809 now?: I'm asking since for Christmas I have gotten a 1tb external SSD and I can update from 1809 to 1909 while making an image on Macrium. I ask for upgrading since I'm wondering if it's stable enough now or are there still lots of issues with 1909? 147995
  6. Upgrade from Windows 7 to 10 Network Issues

Upgrade from Windows 7 to 10 Network Issues: Hi All Just updated my final Windows 7 machine to Windows 10 but have an issue with the Ethernet Adapter. It is a VM machine running on Windows 2012R2. Before the upgrade the VM had a static IP address but after the upgrade it had gone to a DHCP address. No Issues, I...
  7. no clean install windows 10..just upgrade from windows 7! help!

in Windows 10 Support
    no clean install windows 10..just upgrade from windows 7! help!: ..now if I don't do a fresh install what do u suggest I do to get rid of the excess baggage and to make my pc as fresh as possible..how do I know which stuff to delete? And what can I do to improve the performance and optimize my pc to be more efficient? And is it a problem...
  8. Clean install of windows 10 on SSD when upgraded from win 7

Clean install of windows 10 on SSD when upgraded from win 7: I upgraded to windows 10 for free from windows 7. I want to buy an ssd to replace my hard drive and perform a fresh, clean install. How do I install windows 10 on my ssd without having to purchase? Is it possible? 82909
  9. 10 upgrade failed, clean installed 7 but now cant upgrade again.

10 upgrade failed, clean installed 7 but now cant upgrade again.: Hi All Had Win 7 Ultimate 64 Bit OEM-SLP on HP laptop and got the Get Windows 10 icon a few weeks ago. Reserved copy but as it didnt download i went to Microsoft and downloaded the Media Creation tool to upgrade that way. After install all worked ok but next day system...
  10. Upgrade and clean install failed from Windows 7 pro

Upgrade and clean install failed from Windows 7 pro: Maybe someone can push me in the right direction to a fix ? Or should I buy a new computer? Today I decided to accept Microsoft's invitation to download and upgrade my windows 7 pro, unfortunately, it didn't go so smoothly as I had hoped it would! It downloaded ok and...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. clean windows 10 after windows 7 upgrade