Windows 10: Upgrade to Windows 10 64 bit PAE, SSE2, NX, CMPXCHG16b

Discus and support Upgrade to Windows 10 64 bit PAE, SSE2, NX, CMPXCHG16b in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have a AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core 5000+(64-bit processor) and I'm thinking it can't run WIndows 10 64-bit. One website said to check under System... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by IronSpartan114, Jun 14, 2016.

1. Upgrade to Windows 10 64 bit PAE, SSE2, NX, CMPXCHG16b

I have a AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core 5000+(64-bit processor) and I'm thinking it can't run WIndows 10 64-bit. One website said to check under System Information "Look for system type if you see x64 based PC, then your computer is capable of running 64-bit Windows. If you see x86 based PC, then you can't install another architecture of the operating system." Well it shows x86 based PC despite my 64-bit processor. I want a CPU that is capable of running it, but everything I find online how to check if it is compatible, only works if you already have the CPU installed.

What I've found is that in order for it to run Windows 10 64-bit, the CPU needs to be SSE2, PAE, NX, and CMPXCHG16b compatible. But I have no idea how to check for that without physically having the CPU. A thread on this site, a user named Carsomyrclaims this datasheet for an AMD Athlon II X4 640, is compatible with all those things. But when I check it I can only find the compatibility for SSE2, and PAE (listed as AMD64).

I searched the same site for a datasheet for an AMD Phenom II X4 850 (the processor I'm looking to buy) and again found only the compatibility for SSE2, and PAE (again listed as AMD64).

So basically I want to know what information on those datasheets indicates that is compatible with those features, or if user Carsomyr is mistaken. If the AMD Phenom II X4 850 is compatible and will let me run Windows 10 64-Bit. Or should i keep looking.

Here is my Motherboard Specs with a list of compatible CPUs.

:)

IronSpartan114, Jun 14, 2016
  2. JKernow Win User

Windows 10 adv CPU isnt supported - Intel Xeon

In reference to the above:

3.1 Processor

Devices that run Windows 10 for desktop editions require a 1 GHz or faster processor or SoC that meets the following requirements:

• Compatible with the x86 or x64 instruction set.
    • Supports PAE, NX and SSE2.
    • Supports CMPXCHG16b, LAHF/SAHF, and PrefetchW for 64-bit OS installation

- It isn't very clear, does it have to support all 3: PAE, NX and SSE2 or just meet one of these requirements?

as for the 3rd option well I'm not sure about that, could do with some info there.

JKernow, Jun 14, 2016
  3. What are the system requirements for windows 10 ??

My understanding is that Windows 7 and Vista didn't need SSE2, NX, and PAE? I remember only 8 saying such things. I've read that people with Windows 7 can upgrade to 10. I have an OLD IBM NetVista 8319 with a Pentium 4. It couldn't upgrade to 8 (SSE2,
    NX, and PAE) but I guess Vista and 7 it could.

My Questions is does 10 really require SSE2, NX, and PAE? If not then my 2.4 GHz P4 8319 PC with 1GB Ram and 40 GB hard drive could run it. If so, then I guess i'll put down $119 or whatever 10 will cost. I'm keeping Windows 8 on my P7. I just love that
    OS. But 10 will make my old PC useful again. Upgrade to Windows 10 64 bit PAE, SSE2, NX, CMPXCHG16b :)

Rowbeartoe1, Jun 14, 2016
  4. LMiller7 Win User

Upgrade to Windows 10 64 bit PAE, SSE2, NX, CMPXCHG16b

Any CPU, no matter what it's capabilities, will show as "x86 based PC" when running on a 32 bit OS. That is the information given to 32 bit applications for compatibility reasons.

I believe that CPU will run run Windows 10 without issue. The only possible problem might be "CMPXCHG16b" Many data sheets do not show all relevant information.

LMiller7, Jun 14, 2016
  5. Berton Win User
    I've seen some computers running Win10 that specifically showed the OS as 32-bit running on 64-bit processor in System [right-click the Start button], System type line. Mine shows 64-bit OS on 64-bit processor, don't have the 32-bit version running just now.

Berton, Jun 14, 2016
  6. bobkn Win User
    bobkn, Jun 14, 2016
  7. Steve C Win User
    I'm playing around with a Athlon 64 3000 CPU on Socket 939 from 2004 and found this post searching the forum.

See https://www.windowscentral.com/how-u...ion-windows-10

According to Microsoft's support page in Windows 8.x and later, the operating system requires three essential characteristics, including Physical Address Extension (PAE), No-eXecute (NX), and Streaming SIMD Extensions 2 (SSE2). Additionally, Windows 10 (64-bit) also requires CMPXCHG16b (CX16) feature to be present in the processor.

The Windows Setup wizard always checks for hardware compatibility before the installation begins. If these features are not supported by the processor, Windows 10 won't install. You can use CoreInfo from Sysinternals to check whether your CPU supports these features. My Athlon x64 CPU reports it does have the required features so higher spec CPUs like the one mentioned in post 1 should be fine. I already have Windows 10 FCU 32 bit version working quite well so I'm going to try clean installing the 64 bit version over the weekend.

Steve C, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Upgrade to Windows 10 64 bit PAE, SSE2, NX, CMPXCHG16b

1. Upgrade to Windows 10 64 bit PAE, SSE2, NX, CMPXCHG16b - Similar Threads - Upgrade bit PAE

2. Creative NX Pro Webcam driver for Windows 10 64-bit

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Creative NX Pro Webcam driver for Windows 10 64-bit: I'd like to share my experience on setting up Creative NX Pro webcam on Windows 10 64-bit. There is no official driver from Creative as this product is no longer supported. However, this webcam can be setup with the driver for Vimicro webcam with some config modification....
  3. upgrading windows 10 32 bit to 64 bit

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    upgrading windows 10 32 bit to 64 bit: my computer is 64 bit capable but i cant run 64 bit setup in my pc please help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/upgrading-windows-10-32-bit-to-64-bit/4614c5fe-d53c-4fae-a3d3-3d53ab56b11c
  4. Creative Webcam NX Pro with Windows 10 64 bits?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Creative Webcam NX Pro with Windows 10 64 bits?: Dear all, I have an old Creative Webcam NX Pro. Any possibility to work on Windows 10 64 bits? I heard about some specific drivers for Windows 7 64 bits and they were working fine, despite not supported anymore. Any possibility to share them so I can try to configure it?...
  5. Windows 10 64-bit upgrade

Windows 10 64-bit upgrade: So i wanted to upgrade my windows 10 to 64 bit, then i connected my external hdd to my laptop, it got multiple drive, and when i want to upgrade it, it says that the files on my usb drive will be deleted, idk what that means, does it means that all of the files in my drive...
  6. Upgrading Windows 10 32 bit to a 64-bit

Upgrading Windows 10 32 bit to a 64-bit: I'm having problems upgrading my windows to a 64-bit after already installing a 32-bit. I had previously had Windows 10 as a 64-bit. But when I got new ssds and try to download a 64-bit the windows loading screen with the blue window symbol and no spinning icon appears and...
  7. VirtualBox: Is PAE/NX option dangerous for the system?

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    VirtualBox: Is PAE/NX option dangerous for the system?: Hi everybody, I'd like to install Kali Linux on a Virtual Machine in VirtualBox. At startup it failed because it did not have the PAE, so I've enabled it and checked. Everything works fine, but an horrible doubt came up into my mind: as PAE exposes the Physical Address...
  8. Upgrade to 64-bit Windows 10

Upgrade to 64-bit Windows 10: I have successfully upgraded to 32-bit Windows 10. Is it possible to upg rade to a 64-bit Windows 10? If so, could you advise how to accomplish it. Thanks! 21384
  9. Upgrading to windows 10 64 bit

Upgrading to windows 10 64 bit: Hello, I am going to upgrade my windows 10 32 bit to 64 bit,it was orginally 64 bit but the hard drive got bad sector,it was fixed but the fixer installed 32 bit instead of 64 bit,i am extracting the files inside the windows 10 64 bit iso to my usb,i have 2 drives...
  10. ntoskrl digital signature error after NX/PAE hacking

ntoskrl digital signature error after NX/PAE hacking: Hello! Following a guide in another forum, I was able in the past to install Windows 8 in an old Pentium 4 system without NX/PAE support. I'm not going to go into details here, but the process involved extracting the installation files from install.wim to a hard disk and...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. cmpxchg16b windows 10 amd athlon x2

2. work around cant install win 10 no support pae/sse2

3. pae/nx/sse2 support requirement guide for windows 10

4. nx/pae/sse2 windows 10 sccm,
  5. What is SSE and SSE2 are required in Windows 10 start up,
  6. list of processors that support PAE NX and SSE2 for windows 10,
  7. windows 10 32 bit pae,
  8. windows 10 CMPXCHG16B,
  9. sse2 support windows x64,
  10. windows 10 cpu requirements PAE nx,
  11. where do you find nx pae and sse2 information in windows 10 pro?,