Windows 10: Upgrade to Windows 10 adapter failures

Discus and support Upgrade to Windows 10 adapter failures in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I upgraded to Windows 10 from 7 when it was available and most worked fine. I then had a scammer place a lock on the SAM which I corrected by placing a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by tlfmd, Jan 24, 2019.

1. tlfmd Win User

Upgrade to Windows 10 adapter failures

I upgraded to Windows 10 from 7 when it was available and most worked fine. I then had a scammer place a lock on the SAM which I corrected by placing a new HD and reinstalling Windows 10 on the new HD. I was able to copy data from the old HD, just not able to use the OS. There are adapters that did not work but had prior to the scammer.

It appears that the Windows 10 would use the Windows 7 drivers, these not available to the fresh installation. How might I trick the new OS to use windows 7 drivers?

:)

tlfmd, Jan 24, 2019
  2. Nordic Win User

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Oct 10, 2019
  3. Mussels Win User
    Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

i've seen this when the stock USB drivers went kaput. Only ever seen it once - i used a PCI USB 2.0 card and connected the mouse and keyboard to that, and manually updated the USB 2/USB 3 drivers.

Mussels, Oct 10, 2019
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Oct 10, 2019
Thema:

1. Upgrade to Windows 10 adapter failures - Similar Threads - Upgrade adapter failures

2. Windows 10 Wifi Network Adapter Failure

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Wifi Network Adapter Failure: Hi,I have been using an old Toshiba L655 laptop with Windows 10. The driver for the WiFi is obviously not supported anymore as Toshiba hasn’t made computers for years. In the most recent windows 10 update, the wifi adapter failed to find my network at all. It will find other...
  3. Windows 10 Wifi Network Adapter Failure

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 Wifi Network Adapter Failure: Hi,I have been using an old Toshiba L655 laptop with Windows 10. The driver for the WiFi is obviously not supported anymore as Toshiba hasn’t made computers for years. In the most recent windows 10 update, the wifi adapter failed to find my network at all. It will find other...
  4. windows 10 upgrade failure

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    windows 10 upgrade failure: I am running the 1909 version and the upgrade to 20H2 has been failing for about a year, one a month. Non-feature upgrades install just fine and a feature upgrade from 1904 to 1909 succeeded after the 20H2 failures. The error code is 0xC1900101 I've been ignoring this for a...
  5. Failure upgrading to windows 10

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Failure upgrading to windows 10: A few months ago i tried to upgrade from windows 8.1 to windows 10 twice My pc is not very good but its better specs than the minimum threshold to upgrade. I have a pentium j2900 2.41ghz with some intel hd graphics WDDM 1.3 4gb 1333mhz ram and directx 11, its a lenovo...
  6. Windows 10 Upgrade failure

Windows 10 Upgrade failure: I have been trying to upgrade to Windows 10 since 2016 and get WindowsUpdate_C1900101" "WindowsUpdate_dt000" every time. some one sugested to delete a file and replace it but that did not work.HELP!!!!!!!!!...
  7. Windows 10 upgrade failure

Windows 10 upgrade failure: I have tried three time without success to upgrade from Windows 7 to Windows 10. Each time, the computer freezes at 90% in the second reboot stage. - completely frozen and unresponsive. When I reboot manually, I get the error message 0xC1900101 - 0x4000D The installation...
  8. Windows 10 Upgrade Failure

Windows 10 Upgrade Failure: Can someone please look at the upgrade log below to see if you can determine the cause of the upgrade (from 1803 to 1903) failure? I tried the following: net stop wuauserv net stop cryptSvc net...
  9. windows 10 upgrade failure

windows 10 upgrade failure: I was upgrading my surface pro to version 10 from 8. I purchased and downloaded version 10 from this website and began the installation. After quite a while a screen popped up stating that the laptop would reboot several times during the installation and do not turn off...
  10. Windows 10 upgrade failure

Windows 10 upgrade failure: Hi - I had a working PC with Windows 8.1. I set it to download Windows 10 overnight, and the next morning the PC is unresponsive. It seems to have tried to install Windows 10, even though I said only download. Now I can't boot, and get "inaccessible boot device". What is...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Latest windows 10 update causes LAN adapter to fail