Windows 10: Upgrade to windows 10 after factory reset

Discus and support Upgrade to windows 10 after factory reset in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hi guys, my laptop have an issue where i need to reset it. It was originally windows 8.1. After i reset my laptop, can i upgrade it back to windows 10?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/darkflash931, Jun 18, 2020.

1. Upgrade to windows 10 after factory reset

Hi guys, my laptop have an issue where i need to reset it. It was originally windows 8.1. After i reset my laptop, can i upgrade it back to windows 10?

submitted by /u/darkflash931
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/darkflash931, Jun 18, 2020
  2. AndreePin Win User

Windows 10 factory reset

Hi Charlie,

We can see here that you are having issues with doing a factory reset on your Windows 10. There are several factors
    why you get the said error and that's what we are going to figure out. To isolate this concern, may we know the following:

• Any changes made on the computer prior to this concern?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?
    • May we know the reason why you want to perform a factory reset?
    • Did you experience any issues on the computer before you tried performing a factory reset?

AndreePin, Jun 18, 2020
  3. Nordic Win User
    Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Jun 18, 2020
  4. swat354 Win User

Upgrade to windows 10 after factory reset

Windows 10 infinite restart black screen

Thank you john for all of your help i decided to get the usb my computer came with and factory reset it i didnt have anything that personal or valueable so its ok thanks for the help though i appreciate it

swat354, Jun 18, 2020
Thema:

Upgrade to windows 10 after factory reset

1. Upgrade to windows 10 after factory reset - Similar Threads - Upgrade factory reset

2. Factory reset after upgrading to Windows 8

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Factory reset after upgrading to Windows 8: I believe the pc I'm using started with Windows 7 because it has a sticker on it and is now on Windows 8 pro according to what it says on the bottom right of the screen. I'm wondering if I need the Windows 7 installation media to factory reset it? I've downloaded the windows...
  3. Factory reset after upgrading to Windows 8

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Factory reset after upgrading to Windows 8: I believe the pc I'm using started with Windows 7 because it has a sticker on it and is now on Windows 8 pro according to what it says on the bottom right of the screen. I'm wondering if I need the Windows 7 installation media to factory reset it? I've downloaded the windows...
  4. Windows 10 Not Working After Factory Reset

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 Not Working After Factory Reset: I recently factory wiped and chose to delete everything on my Windows 10 laptop, but after it reached 100% and restarted it kept resetting after the spinning dots went around once, and then as soon as the next first one or two dots it would black screen and do it over and...
  5. Upgrading to Windows 10 after factory reset

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Upgrading to Windows 10 after factory reset: Hi, My hp laptop came with windows 8.1 pre-installed. I updated to windows 10 when the offer was available. As my system's usage of ram, disk and cpu are high even on idle, I want to do a factory reset. If I do the factory reset my pc will go back to windows 8.1. Would I be...
  6. Windows 10 Reinstall after Factory Reset

Windows 10 Reinstall after Factory Reset: My Asus K53 laptop originally shipped with Windows 7. I took advantage of the free upgrade to Windows 10 while it was available. Due to issues with Office 365 I had to carry out a factory reset on the machine and of course I am now back on Windows 7. No - I didn't record...
  7. upgrading to windows 10 after factory reset

upgrading to windows 10 after factory reset: Hi I upgraded for free from windows 7 to windows 10 home a few years back. I just had to reset my computer to factory settings, and it seems it is stuck on windows 7 service pack 1. How do I get windows 10 ?...
  8. Factory Reset on Laptop After Window 10 Pro Upgrade

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Factory Reset on Laptop After Window 10 Pro Upgrade: Hello, I recently purchased a new HP laptop with Windows 10 Home installed on it. I upgraded it to Windows 10 Pro shortly after purchasing it because I wanted to encrypt my hard drive with Bitlocker. However, shortly after upgrading I began having a problem where the default...
  9. Reinstalling windows 10 after factory reset

Reinstalling windows 10 after factory reset: Microsoft says I wont need a product key to reinstall windows 10 on the same device after a factory reset but a few days ago my PC crashed after a critical windows update. I did a factory reset then went back to Microsoft and used the media creation tool, selected upgrade...
  10. Factory Reset After Windows 10 Upgrade

in Windows 10 Support
    Factory Reset After Windows 10 Upgrade: I have a small laptop running Windows 8 that I'd like to give to a friend after I install Windows 10. If I do a factory reset to remove all my stuff, will it retain Windows 10 or will it revert back to 8? 18379