Windows 10: Upgrade to Windows 10 Education Pitfalls?

Discus and support Upgrade to Windows 10 Education Pitfalls? in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I have my Windows 10 Home set up the way I want it. Because I'm a student, I have a Windows 10 Education key that I can install. The only time I've... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by jaygourley, Mar 30, 2020.

1. Upgrade to Windows 10 Education Pitfalls?

I have my Windows 10 Home set up the way I want it. Because I'm a student, I have a Windows 10 Education key that I can install. The only time I've ever changed Windows versions was on a new machine. I've never done it on a machine that was already configured. Is there anything I should consider?

1. Are there any features or capabilities in Windows 10 Home that are not in Windows 10 Education?
    2. Will I have to reinstall application software?
    3. Will I have to reconfigure my Windows settings?
    4. Will I be able to revert back painlessly to the old key if I don't like the Education version?
    5. Because the Windows 10 Education license is a bulk license from my university, will I lose any access to support from Microsoft?
    6. Are there any burdens associated with the Windows 10 Education license like periodic proof I'm a student?
    7. Is there any pitfall I haven't asked about here?

:)

jaygourley, Mar 30, 2020
  2. Andre Da Costa, Mar 30, 2020
  3. Nordic Win User
    Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Mar 30, 2020
  4. Upgrade to Windows 10 Education Pitfalls?

Upgrade windows home to windows education

Have you tried upgrading by using only the product key?

Click Start > Settings > Update & security > Activation > Change the product key

Enter your Windows 10 Education key

Click Next

Should be upgraded within 5 to 10 minutes, personal files, apps and settings preserved.

Learn more:

If the problem persist, I suggest you repair your Windows 10 Home installation first:

Andre Da Costa, Mar 30, 2020
Thema:

Upgrade to Windows 10 Education Pitfalls?

1. Upgrade to Windows 10 Education Pitfalls? - Similar Threads - Upgrade Education Pitfalls

2. Windows 10 Education Upgrade/Downgrade

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Education Upgrade/Downgrade: My home computer is running Windows 10 Education using a product code I was given for free in college. It's fine enough, but I'd like to fully switch to a home-use edition such as Pro. The documentation for changing editions regarding Education is confusing to me, so I'm not...
  3. Windows 10 Education Upgrade/Downgrade

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Education Upgrade/Downgrade: My home computer is running Windows 10 Education using a product code I was given for free in college. It's fine enough, but I'd like to fully switch to a home-use edition such as Pro. The documentation for changing editions regarding Education is confusing to me, so I'm not...
  4. Windows 10 Education Upgrade/Downgrade

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Will Windows 10 Education upgrade for free?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Will Windows 10 Education upgrade for free?: I have the Windows 10 education edition installed. Does anyone know if it Will upgrade for free? Thanks. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/will-windows-10-education-upgrade-for-free/e313475a-5a6d-472c-9efd-7c8c8fbc8272
  6. Will Windows 10 Education upgrade for free?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Will Windows 10 Education upgrade for free?: I have the Windows 10 education edition installed. Does anyone know if it Will upgrade for free? Thanks. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/will-windows-10-education-upgrade-for-free/e313475a-5a6d-472c-9efd-7c8c8fbc8272
  7. Upgrading to Windows 10 Education

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Upgrading to Windows 10 Education: I am currently a student using Windows 10 Home. One of my assignments require me to check my Local Security Policy on my PC, which isn't available on Windows 10 Home. The school gave me a product key for Windows 10 Education to upgrade from Home. When I enter the product key...
  8. Education upgrade

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Education upgrade: I got a question. I want to upgrade my non-activated windows 10 account to education version. I can get it free because of my school. Does this delete something on my pc? submitted by /u/hhd2 [link] [comments]...
  9. Windows 10 Education- Repair Upgrade

Windows 10 Education- Repair Upgrade: I recently had various problems with Windows, So I'm going to perform a repair upgrade. Recently I upgraded to version 1903. I'm currently using Windows 10 Education 64bit edition. I don't want to lose my personal files and apps. Just want to fix problems. How do I do that?...
  10. Upgrading to Windows 10 educational

Upgrading to Windows 10 educational: I cannot upgrade my Windows 10 Pro to the new 10 Education because I receive an error "The language or edition of the version of windows currently installed on your PC isn’t supported by this tool." I didn’t get any errors when upgraded to Windows 10 Home and then to Windows...