Windows 10: Upgrade to Windows 10 from 7 has left my screen display huge. Please Help

Discus and support Upgrade to Windows 10 from 7 has left my screen display huge. Please Help in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I upgraded from 7 to windows 10 due to the lack of support of 7 and everything is fine apart from the fact that now the screen is wide, big and lacking... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by NabeelAkhtar1, Jan 21, 2020.

1. Upgrade to Windows 10 from 7 has left my screen display huge. Please Help

I upgraded from 7 to windows 10 due to the lack of support of 7 and everything is fine apart from the fact that now the screen is wide, big and lacking resolution.

I have LG 22M35 widescreen monitor and it was perfectly fine before the upgrade, I have updated my LG driver and that hasn't worked, the maximum screen resolution I am able to get is 1400 x 1050 from the drop down menu, nothing higher is available.

I have searched a few things online without any success, if anyone can help it would be greatly appreciated.

:)

NabeelAkhtar1, Jan 21, 2020
  2. Nordic Win User

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Jan 21, 2020
  3. Mussels Win User
    Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

i've seen this when the stock USB drivers went kaput. Only ever seen it once - i used a PCI USB 2.0 card and connected the mouse and keyboard to that, and manually updated the USB 2/USB 3 drivers.

Mussels, Jan 21, 2020
  4. damtachoa Win User

Upgrade to Windows 10 from 7 has left my screen display huge. Please Help

4870x2 won't display at 1680x1050 at all!

OK. Now I know what ur problem is. Step by step:
    1. Go to Catalyst Control Center
    2. Click on the word "Graphic" right on top left corner. It will display drop down menu
    3. Click on Display monitor and will see the list of monitor at near bottom
    4. Right Click the monitor and select "Configure". It will show up the window
    5. There will be 3 option to select. Select the middle one and then click on the tab which show the bar with 15%.
    6. Drag the bar to max, and the screen will stretch to the native resolution 1680x1050.
    7. Also click the tab with showing RGB drop down list and select the last one (it will change to image quality for pc).
    That's it. Good Luck.

damtachoa, Jan 21, 2020
Thema:

Upgrade to Windows 10 from 7 has left my screen display huge. Please Help

1. Upgrade to Windows 10 from 7 has left my screen display huge. Please Help - Similar Threads - Upgrade has left

2. please how can i upgrade my laptop from window 7 to window 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    please how can i upgrade my laptop from window 7 to window 10: please how can i upgrade my laptop from window 7 to window 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/please-how-can-i-upgrade-my-laptop-from-window-7/0cee6685-8293-4b1d-8692-c3a69251bd01
  3. Help upgrading from windows 7 to windows 10

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Help upgrading from windows 7 to windows 10: I have finally decided I need to upgrade to the latest version of windows but I am having a lot of trouble, it turns out that when my friend helped me (i am not good with computers) He gave me a pirated copy of windows 7 ultimate which is not activated. After trying to use...
  4. Screen display huge with certain apps

in Windows 10 Customization
    Screen display huge with certain apps: My elderly parents seem to have managed to change something on their Windows 10 Lenovo laptop happens quite a lot! and certain apps now run about twice as large as they should. The main ones affected as far as I can see are Microsoft Edge, Google Chrome, the mail app and the...
  5. Please help everything is huge

Please help everything is huge: Everything is big and it wont let me change it the option to change the size of text, apps, and other items is greyed out :( I don’t know what to do... submitted by /u/SavPMA [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ioo7qt/please_help_everything_is_huge/
  6. Windows 7 to Windows 10 HELP PLEASE.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 7 to Windows 10 HELP PLEASE.: I just paid Microsoft $150 to upgrade this computer from Windows 7 to 10. It seemed to have downloaded, but everything still says Windows 7. How do I get "10" to activate?...
  7. Need help upgrading from windows 7

Need help upgrading from windows 7: [ATTACH] So I have an old computer that I wanted to upgrade to windows 10 and everything was going smoothly until it freezes on a percentage with the loading circle not moving at all so in the end i had to force shut down the pc which leads to it undoing the changes and...
  8. Windows 10 Photos App has a huge problem! Please fix this!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Photos App has a huge problem! Please fix this!: Hello I have a problem with the latest version of the photos app where my photos and videos I upload from my iPhone to my windows 10 laptop it groups the pictures and videos as today's date and time when I upload the pictures, not the date that I actually took the picture-...
  9. no clean install from windows 7 to windows 10?Please HELP!

in Windows 10 Support
    no clean install from windows 7 to windows 10?Please HELP!: I really need help.. yesterday i gave in and decided to upgrade from windows 7 to windows 10.. due to many people telling me that all their files/apps remained intact. I decided to just go ahead and upgrade to windows 10 without backing up(also i don't have an external...
  10. Windows 10 upgrade, help please

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 upgrade, help please: Finally decided that i want to upgrade to windows 10, clicked the upgrade now button and the window just closed after about a second, tried this many times and nothing happened. Ran windows update, clicked the upgrade now button again and it just sticks on starting download.....